Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deir Volin

Deir Volin

Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle Empty
PostSubject: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Deir had been working for quite a few weeks now, setting up her shop with all the random tidbits she had saved in her other dimensional closet. It took so long because most of that time was spent with long rests after tens minutes of working to rest her legs. She'd have done much faster if she were in her other form but the issue would go from bad legs to feeling cramped. She was hauling out her bookcases now and that was easier said then done.

Deir stopped pulling the current bookcase, third one out of many, and leaned against it for a moment. "Phew, to think that bookcases would be so heavy without books in them..." She pulled up the bandana she wore and wiped her brow then surveryed what she had of her store. She had easily gotten the front of her store finished with the toys and model kits being the first things to be seen when one walks in. They were arranged in the way that you'd be able to see everything yet it was still bunched in a slight mess. She had found some small shelves to line the wall to the right of the entrance and randomly placed the model kits in neat piles. The same with the toys but the larger toys just lay close to the toyshelves on the floor.

Deir headed from the back wall which she had opened the 'door' to her other-dimensional closet to sit in the chair behind the counter she planned to make as the checkout desk not more than a few feet away. She looked at the bookcase she had been working on getting out of her 'closet' and laughed at how it looked like it was merged with the whole building. This brougt her attention to the other section of her store that she had completed. More shelves set up in little isles far enough apart for one person to walk between comfortably completely filled with little figurines of all sorts, random gizmos and gadgets. Again, a lovely display of chaos on shelves, but every item could be seen even with the chaotic arrangement.

Deir then turned her attention to the two bookcases that stood alone and barren, they filled only a twentieth of the space left for her merchandise. She gave the empty space a pitying look, but seemed to encourage it that the emptyness wouldn't last for to much longer. She stood up again and resumed her work on the third bookcase that seemed to be against leaving the 'closet'. The wall around the bookcase warped as she pulled, the bookcase gradually inching out. "Why does oak have to be so heavy."

This is a topic made for Lemon's (owner of Husk, Samorn, and Emphadon) friend (Owner of Amarantha) If it's fine with Amarantha you may join but otherwise have fun reading this lovely example of Deir's eccentric layout of her store.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Amarantha opened the door to a store a random store in the marketplace. She walked in looking amazingly at all the knicknacks. She was looking for accessories to add into her Armory.

"This is such a lovely figure! It looks like a shield.. I would love to put this on the display case, I wonder how much this cost.. hopefully it may be on sale."

Amara carried the little figurine around the store looking for other little knicknacks to put as decorations to liven up the dullness of her store.

Amara saw a few little pieces out of order and she felt implied to put them in a line so they looked more neat. She walked around the store going all around trying to help organize. She smiled.

" Huh.. I wonder where the owner is.. I really want this shield looking thing.." She talked a bit louder, "Hello? Anyone here? I found something I would like to buy."
Back to top Go down
Deir Volin

Deir Volin

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:51 am

Deir attempted a different approach on moving the bookcase. She had gotten to oneside and was pushing it, finally getting it 'out of the wall' and into the store. It was slow work and she was near to taking another break when she heard a voice just beyond te bookcase.

Deir used the bookcase shelves to keep her from loosing her footing and peered out from behind it. She easily spotted the woman that wandered the empty space of the store. She noticed her straightening a few items and holding one of the trinkets. She was almost ready to hop out, but was waiting for her legs to stop hurting quite so much.

Deir startled when the woman called out and stepped out from behind the bookcase. "Oh my, my. I never thought I would get a customer so early, I haven't even finished getting what I wanted of my stock out." She smiled to the girl. "It's marvelous to meet you, I am Deir Volin, owner of this humble establishment." She bowed her head politely, her tail flame snapping cheerfully.

Deir looked at the shield-like object. "Hmm, I can't quite remember when I got that particular item. Lessee, I think that in the circumstance of how young the town is I will go with the meeger sum of ten pennies." She smiled again.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:58 am

Amara heard another lady talking to her as in a response to her question. She peered around the corner of a bookself to see the woman with a tail coming from behind another bookcase. She had never seen such a creature before. The lady bowed her head to Amara. Not sure what to do... aside from Amara's sometimes rude behavior, she respectufully bowed her head back.

"Hello Deir," she tried to smile sweetly. "I'm Amarantha, but you can call me Amara for short... I know this is random but I do love your tail! It's very.. unique." Amara smiled again and looked down. "Ten centd you said? I think i have that."

She reached into her pocket dropping some change on the floor. It takes her a few moments to recover her change, hoping the woman won't laugh at her or anything. After recovering all her money from the floor boards she pulled out ten cents and walked it over to hand it to the lady.

On her way over to the woman she got distracted by the bookcase and looked over it. She examined the type of wood seeing it was oak and very heavy. She tried to pick up a corner to see how heavy it was very discretely if possible. She struggled to set it back down easily. She turned back towards Deir. "Hey those bookshelves look awfully heavy.. would you like some help with that? I feel bad watching you pull them all in by yourself."

After checking out the bookcase she walked the money over to Deir and placed it in her hand. "Thank you for this lovely oddity." She smiled again.

(Fixed the name to Amar and the accidental @ symbol. Sorry DX)

Last edited by Amarantha on Sun May 06, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deir Volin

Deir Volin

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:37 pm

Deir flustered, the flame shrinking somewhat. "That's very kind of you Miss Amara. Not many people compliment me on my tail, I mean they're usually more worried about getting burned by it but I assure you my fire doesn't burn unless I want it to. I mean, wouldn't it be horrible if I burn down this lovely store our mayor had built for me because my tail set aflame a chair? We don't want that, not at all." She waved her hand, as if it was the only way for her to stop speaking on that subject.

Deir hadn't noticed Amara dropping the coins, having been rather absorbed in her rant. She also looked to the bookshelf she had been working on for the time and nodded absent-mindedly to nothing in general. At the offer she flustered again, "Oh dear, you don't have to go helping me out. I don't want to be a bother to you. And I'm the only one who can enter into my other-dimensional closet." She said the word as if it made the most sense in the world and pointed to the wall that the bookshelf had come out of which now showed no trace of ever having a portal on it.

Deir thought a moment, "But if you insist on helping I would be very indebted to you." She accepted the money graciously and made her way to the counter where she had a small tin and put the money in. She nodded at the girl's gratitude, "It's my pleasure."
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:23 am

"Oh please, no trouble at all, I would love to help!" Amara is new to the area and would rather have friends than make enimes. Amara nodded and walked over to the other side of the bookcase. "How about your debt to me would be to have you come by my shop sometime," she smiled. "Anyone could use a weapon for protection, you never know."

She picked up the edge of the bookshelf with a bit of strain on her back, almost dropping the one corner on her foot, but with her ability to control air, one swift movement of air on her foot, a gust of wind picked it up and she got it back into get grip. No one around knows she possesses her ability, trying to keep it a secret because she was not welcome in some areas with her secret weapon.
(Secrets do get out)
She gasped. Then tried to act like nothing happened.
"I'm sorry, I almost dropped the bookcase.. I.. I.." she began to worry and make an excuse. "Good thing my foot caught it!" She tried changing the subject. "Say uh.. do you have any animals for umm sale? I'm not sure.. but I see all the knicknacks.. I wanted a dragon." She's very nervous.
Back to top Go down
Deir Volin

Deir Volin

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 am

Deir smiled softly, "Thank your Miss Amara." She went to the opposite end of the bookshelf. "I doubt I'd have any need of a weapon, I'm a peaceful being and try my hardest to not invoke any other creature to attack me." She lifted up her end and was surprised at a small gust of wind that crossed her feet. She looked past the bookcase to the other girl with a worried expression, "Are you alright? The bookcase being so heavy, it should hurt your foot sligtly, right?"

"Animals?...No I don't think I D....Dragons you say?" Deir set the bookcase back down on the ground and approached Amara. "I must say, dragons are not creatures who can be labeled as pets. They are beings of a higher intellegence who would take great offense to being called that. Of course there is the chance that one can take a liking to you and create a bond."

She jestered to the door near them. "Actually, upstairs I have a baby dragon pen. I'm only taking care of a 6 month Amphithere, a couple westerns, a chimera, and the oldest on is a wyvern. I could take you up to see them and if any of them take a liking to you, you could have it free of charge. Don't worry about the parents, adult dragons leave their babies in the care of a drake because they're to lazy to take care of their own kids."
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:36 am

"Sorry force of habit. I used to have a pe.. I mean Dragon, I was like four. His name was Amar.. That's all I really could call him since I really didn't know my own name." Amara smiled. "He died trying to protect me from when my village was burned down... He could never be replaced..but I feel lonely and I do have a strange love for the little guys. "She followed Deir.

"I was actually supposed when you said you sold animals of the 'mythological' sort as some people say. I mean how can you not believe something right in front of you" she looked at Deir, "if you do have a dragon that likes me I will be in debt of you. I could never take such a beautiful creature from you that you raised with your own money. "

Last edited by Amarantha on Sun May 06, 2012 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deir Volin

Deir Volin

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:53 am

Deir grabbed her cane, needing it especially since they were to be going up stairs soon. At the info about 'Smart', she looked sadly at the girl. "Poor thing, dying young...At least he died for a novle cause and I'm sure he's watching over you even now." She nodded a little, "I hope one of the little ones take a liking to you. Oh, and if there's ever a fire I plan to be there to stop it."

She stopped at the door that lead up to her apartment. Her smile was sincere, "You needn't be in debt, I put no money in taking care of them for the only food they like is fresh wild animals and you can't find those in stores, cleaning up after them is easy with my abilities, and when it comes to money they just like to take it and hoard it for their own..They're rather troublesome that way."

She thought for a moment. "I must warn you though Amara, most are still teething and will love to chew up any and everything in sight, plus for few I still haven't gotten them to stop sneezing fire." She smiled somewhat embarassedly, "Luckily I have potty trained them so you need only to indicate a certain spot for them and they'll go only there."

______
(After you reply I'l make a topic in "Deir's Apartment" because that's where the dragons are.)
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:38 am

(I do apologize by the way. I have been busy and not able to get on as much as i would like, oh and also I was on my tablet and did not notice, my dragon's name was supposed to be Amar. I do indeed hate auto correct, sorry about that.)

Amara smiled and said, "Are they all fire breathers? Or do any of them breathe frost? Or is it still unclear because they are young?" She laughed. Amara has encountered frost dragons before. It felt like fire but due to her incapablities of being in oxygen deprived areas she had to ask. But if nothing else she would take a fire breathing dragon. Amarantha continued, "Ahh yes, I do remember Amar would always chew on my hair. They are wonderful traveling companions though."

..."You managed to potty train one? Wow that must have been hard. Amar had to stay outside a lot because he always went in the house," she said impressed. Amara continued to follow Deir, she wasn't sure where they were going though. Amara began again, "Do you happened to have any specific methods perhaps you could share with me about putting out fires they cause? Or in general, my shop out back constantly gets little fires started from sparks landing where they shouldn't."

Back to top Go down
Deir Volin

Deir Volin

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:17 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle   Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh my, setting up shop is a hassle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: Marketplace :: Odds and Sods-
Jump to: