Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Doe-eyed..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Husk

Husk

Character Age : 29
District : Woodenway

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:46 am

((Also: Gore Warning!))

((For Husk and Amara... Also, don't mind the periods in the title. I needed 10 characters and only had 8 X'D))

Husk had finally gathered the confidence to enter the forest in his physical body. The dense foliage made it very hard to find one's way in the thickets. As such, he'd only come into the forest with his astral body before today. A certain, innate sense of where his physical body was would ensure he wouldn't get lost this way. Plus, traveling in his astral body was faster and safer than with his physical body.

All he carried in the way of weaponry was a small dagger, the closest thing to a weapon he owned. He'd meant to purchase a crossbow and teach himself how to shoot, but the owner of the Dwarven Armory -- he still hadn't learned what a "dwarv" was -- had been busy. He had trained himself in the ways of basic hand-to-hand combat. However, he felt this experience wouldn't help him much should he come across a wolf or, heaven forbid, a bear. Maybe he should have stuck to his astral body this time around.

Husk walked silently through the forest, another skill he'd accumulated from his experience on the lam. He stopped moving abruptly when he looked ahead and saw a deer that had been feeding on some of the grass. Though it stood as if had been walking towards him, it stopped to look, doe-eyed, in another direction, giving the impression of a deer in the headlights. Not wanting to disturb the creature, or whatever it was that it was looking at, Husk remained still.

Last edited by Husk on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:07 am

It was the time of week that Amarantha had to go hunting for her food. She walked very silently, as if flowing in the wind. She spotted a deer in the distance. Amara jumped swiftly into a nearby tree, she crouched on a branch that was able to hold her. She pulled out an arrow and her ebony bow out. She ran her arrow through her fingers, feeling for any rough pieces of wood that could effect the trajectory of the arrow. She pulled the string of her bow back to her face as she set the arrow in it. Holding her breath for steadiness, closing one eye for aim, firmly planted. The deer looked up to the rustle of the wind im the trees, in a few brief seconds the deer was dead.

Amara did as she usually did, she jumped out of the tree landing lightly on the ground (from controlling air) and went into a silent roll. She took out her dagger, finished of the deer making sure it wasn't suffering. She sighed, tied the feet of the deer, threw it over her shoulders and was about to go out when she saw a shadow on the ground in the figure of a human. Thinking it was someone else who wanted to take her deer. She took out her bow and arrow and aimed it up. She saw a familiar face. "You? What.. what are you doing here?" She was a bit confused. Amara didn't know any of the man's capabilities. She lowered her bow and arrow.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:41 am

Husk was surprised as the doe fell, somehow managing to still land gracefully on its knees. He hadn't even seen where the arrow came from, but assumed it was the direction the deer had been looking in. Sure enough, a familiar-looking woman came from that direction and put the creature out of its misery. It was the woman from the armory. Was it.. Amarantha? Some crazy A-name with too many syllables, that he knew for certain.

Husk began to pull away behind a tree, however he noticed the action moved his shadow, which happened to land at the woman's feet. It served more to call her attention than to help him... His astral body wouldn't have cast a shadow. His astral body wouldn't have cast a figure! ...

Husk stood at attention as the arrow was aimed him. His eyebrows creased. What good would his stupid dagger do him in this situation? He relaxed as she lowered it once more though. "What am I doing here? I live here. What are you doing here?" His tone didn't lack attitude. And he didn't know why. Amarantha had the advantage of range after all..
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:57 am

Amara said in a firm voice, "I don't go off and buy most of my food, I work for it, I can't afford to go out and buy things for myself when i can so easily just go out in the wood an..." She trailed off looking around.. "You.. live out here? Don't you have a tent?" She jumped up with a boost of air, spinning all the way around looking for a sign of some type of home. She only glimpsed so she didn't find anything.

"Well what were you gonna do charge at the deer using a dagger?" She turned with her back facing him picking up her deer. She mumbled, " You need a long range weapon for any hopes of surging, surprised you haven't died yet." She again wanted to make more friends than enimes like she ran into a woman at a shop and helped her.

"She set the deer down.. hey come here a sec will ya? I wont hurt you." She wanted to formally greet the man and somehow figure out more about him in his keen silent nature. "You remember in the store? You were looking at one of my crossbows.. I can teach you to use one if you surely desire to learn.." Again, she trailed off her voice going as if with the wind.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 2:16 am

Husk was unimpressed with Amara's tone. "You own a store. Who are you to talk about not being able to afford things?" He raised brow. "Is business that weak?" He wouldn't mention that by coming out into the forest and hunting the game that she was taking food out of his mouth, but that's exactly what she was doing. It was his job to hunt the game. That's how he made his living. Or it's how he would once he got a decent weapon.

"No, I live in the district off the forest." Which was south-east of their current location. He'd been keeping close track of it. He wasn't trying to get lost. He didn't appreciate the way Amara seemed to think she knew everything. As if it wasn't obvious that he'd need a long-range weapon so he could hunt. "I can handle myself."

Despite the words, he approached the woman and the deer as requested. "Don't you think it'd be easier to cut it up now? It's a lot to carry and the marketplace is a long way away." He didn't answer her question about the bow. Yeah, he wanted to learn, but he didn't know this woman well enough to trust her yet.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 2:40 am

"You better watch your mouth! Need I remind you whom has better shot in long range here?" As he was approaching her she slightly let her guard down but had a firm hand on her dwarven dagger if any trouble brews to where she needs a defense.

She said snobally, "Oh, and no, no it would not be easier to cut the deer here and now, people *she gives him a serious stare* could try to steal some of my venison, 'sides one piece is easier to carry than multiple." She could see in his eyes he was pissed at her taking the deer. "and, as a matter of fact, yes business has been bad, not that you would care to know why.." Another matter popped into her head, "Assuming you already, most likely forgot my name its Amara.

She used the force of air and swooped the deer back into her arms. "You know a normal person would ask for part of my kill before going off on me like a hornet to a disturbed nest. I would share if you have the Decency to ask and admit that you want a bow so you don't charge like a lunatic at a deer."

"That bow did fit your arm well.. if.. and Only if you ask I can bring it out here tomorrow and teach you how to use it with coss bolts. But bows are better for accuracy, just saying."
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:37 am

"What? You think you know me now? You haven't proven anything to me, except that you'd rather carry a 120 pound deer over your shoulders rather than cut it up and take only what you need of it."

"I obviously didn't come here looking to hunt if all I brought with me is a dagger. I don't have access to you prestigious little bow or mystical wind powers. Sue me. There are other ways of getting food than with a bow. I don't need to steal or beg for yours." Husk listened right over her name, not even bothering to hear it, much less give her his.

"A normal person would realize that the Marketplace is over 10 miles away." Husk threw his arms out to either side, as if assenting to something. "But I guess you're special enough to take the 3 hour walk on your own."

Husk was honestly surprised at how angry this girl had managed to make him. But it was stupid of her to think she could carry an animal like that over 10 miles. Who did she think she was? She-Hulk? Husk did manage to lower his voice to a less angry volume, but there was still venom in his voice. "When I want to buy a bow from you, I'll go to your store and buy one.."

((Wow this post was hard to type. They are.. arguing like a married couple X'D))
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 pm

"You know what? I'm sick and tired of being nice to you! Screw it! No need to be nice to the biggest jerk i the area, I'm done with you. You come to my shop whenever YOU want. but dont ask for any recomendations 'cus obviously what i do or say doesnt matter to you"

She began her walk home with the deer but no one knew she had a camp set up a few miles from where she is with a fire pit and a shelter in a tree, unseen unless you saw it. She would plan to cut up the deer back at her tent, eat her weight in venison and take the rest back home to eat later, and sell it to passing travelers who cant seem to kill a deer. She has done that in the past and made a bit of profit which is a nice thing to have since everyone is not coming to buy hunting supplies everyday.

"I dont know how you get your food and i really dont give a crap. You need to be raised like that of a normal human and HAVE human decency to ask for something if you need it, not expect things from people. Have fun with life. Oh, and if you want something from my shop you better present the cubits for it. No discount like i was going to 'cus i thought you were..." She cut herself off, "forget it, just.. just have the money!"
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:53 pm

"I don't need you to be nice to me. I need you to stop acting like you can do everything better than me when you don't even know me. I don't need your recommendation or your discounts. I can choose a product and buy it for myself, dammit. I don't need someone who doesn't even know me to pity me."

It was the bit about human decency that really set him over the edge. There was no such thing as human decency. The most decency he'd ever gotten from a human was being allowed to sleep for two hours instead of one. Where the hell did she get off preaching to him about human decency?!

Husk was about to voice this but he was interrupted by a single howl in the distance, followed by several barks. It was the barking which really freak out Husk. It sounded like a pack of wolves had heard their argument and were headed this way.

Husk retrieved his dagger from the back belt loop of his jeans, preparing in what little way for their arrival. Once he saw the first one he rushed towards a tree, planting a foot onto it and using it to raise himself up a bit higher and grab the branch of a tree just across from it. He kicked up a bit higher on the tree, however there were no larger branches that could actually carry his weight this low down. Instead, he simply hung from one of the smaller ones well out of reach of any wolves.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:24 pm

"Fine whatever..." Amaratha was talking when she heard even more barks.

"We can talk about this later, I highly doubt we can out run a pack of hungry wolves. We can settle our differences later, lets fight!" Amara took out her bow and jumped backwards doing a back flip, into the air, landing on a tree in a crouched position. She pulled one of her sharpened arrows from the quiver on her back. She brought back the string and arrow level with her cheek bone. Amara watched with her bow ready to fire in the direction the dogs were barking in. She was ready to hold her breath and focus her aim as soon as she saw a wolf jump through the foliage. She looked at Husk one more time to see if he was ready for combat. Amarantha saw the dagger but she would imagine he may get bit or scratched if he has to run after a wolf to take it down. Although, she didn't worry about him as she was told not to, but she would back him up if he needed it even if he didn't back her up.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:08 pm

The wolves moved evasively through the trees, treating them as if they were cones meant for them swerve between in a dog show. A "dog show" of a much higher caliber. They'd stopped barking now, going entirely into hunt mode. Two were headed directly towards them, seemingly down the middle of the area. Two others had split up, heading off in either direction as a means of intercepting any prey that attempted to escape. These two were not within the line of sight of two teenagers. Finally, a fifth wolf seemed to hang back, just out of view, ensuring that that their strategic methods were successfully accomplished. The Alpha.

Husk had enough time to fit in one final remark before the over-sized and likely rabid dogs reached them. However, he didn't say it in argument. More as a quiet challenge to Amara. "Speak for yourself."

One wolf made way for each of the teenagers respectively, the one heading towards Husk being large enough to very nearly reach him in his position on the tree, however it fell a few inches too short. Realizing this, the wolf rounded the tree, giving it something of a wide berth before making its way back. With it's collected momentum, the creature would now be able to nab the boy's shoe. Husk waited for the crucial moment, dagger at the ready, and when it jumped, he slashed the blade across its muzzle, catching it in the mouth. The canine fell back to earth, practically spitting a viscous red liquid, before rounding the tree once more and vanishing into the wood a moment longer. Husk tried to keep eye contact with the beast, but the woods thickened too much past their immediate area for him to see.

The second wolf, a slightly smaller one, made headway for Amara. Though the creature was running directly for her, making for a smaller target, it left its chest area exposed between it's two front legs. However the canine recognized the woman's stance, the bowed object she held, and the feathered stick with the sharp stone attached. It wasn't the first time this pack had faced a warrior such as this one. Anticipating the action, the she-wolf abruptly changed direction, moving to place a tree between her and her prey at the crucial moment. Afterwards it would swerve through the trees, sporadically using them for cover before reaching the base of Amara's tree.

Last edited by Husk on Tue May 01, 2012 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:02 am

Amara was about to let her arrow go when the wolf went behind a tree so she didn't. Amara jumped to a lower branch and ran til about the end of the it to where she could see the wolves back end.
Amara took in a deep breath to steady her aim, and let and strong go into the wolves back leg. As Amara was reaching for another one of her 19 remaining arrows she had to look back to her quiver. When she looked forward to wards the wolf's original spot, but it was not there anymore. She grabbed a hold of the branch; her bow in her left hand and an arrow in the right. When Amara looked up she looked left, right, behind, then below her. The wolf was directly beneath her and tried to jump and bite at her hand with the bow. It caught the string within its teeth and snapped it. Amara didn't see this until she tried to shoot at it.

Amara ran to the trunk of the tree looking for another piece of bamboo string in her quiver. She ripped off the old string and tried to quickly feed it through her bow. Finally when she had gotten it through the bow, the wolf was already out of her view and weaving through trees.

"Crap! These arrows suck! That hit its leg! It still ran!" she screeched.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:56 am

The two wolves which had yet to make themselves know to the teenagers had gone around to the other side, preparing to make an entrance opposite the way the original wolves had come. The Alpha still remained out of site, silently circling the area, surveying it, being careful to choose its moment of entry wisely. The Alpha was easily capable of reaching 7 and a half feet on its hind legs.

Husk just managed catch sight of the she-wolf running off a ways behind Amara's tree. She seemed to be doing everything in her power to keep a pronounced limp from showing in her strides. Hmm, she reminded him of someone.

Husk was about to say something along the lines of a musician not blaming his instrument, however just then, the second wolf ran out just beside Husk's tree, coming within a foot of him. He could almost feel it as it cut through the air, and he readied himself to be attacked. However, it seemed the wolf hadn't gotten upset with the injury the boy had caused him--how was he ever supposed to eat properly again?--so he focosed his attention on perhaps more fragile prey, the woman. With momentum, the wolf was able to get fairly close to her feet, using a fore paw on a branch to hold himself up.

The she-wolf saw his advance, and, not trusting the larger wolf to know the ways of the huntress like she did, rushed back toward's Amara's tree. Continuing her evasive trail, she dipped in out of trees and barked, almost in warning, at the other wolf. This was her kill and the large wolf should return to the boy. The she-wolf used a large up-turned root of the tree to boost herself up to a spot just higher than the larger wolf's. From here, she was able to come within inches of nipping at the girl's feet.

Husk, in a practiced fashion lowered himself quietly from the tree and back onto ground level. There, he found a large rock that could just fit in the palm of his hand. He drew back his arm to pitch the stone at the back of the larger wolf's head, hopefully drawing it's attention away long enough for Amara to fight off the she-wolf.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Amara turned to the sound of paws making a twig on the ground snap in a path in the grass. Amara looked over and saw the wolf coming at her. It was a bigger wolf. She began to panic. Amarantha climbed up another branch fearing that the larger wolf could get to her... Then the she-wolf was in a way protecting Amara from the big wolf when she growled at it but she knew the wolf wants its own kill. So Amara climbed up another branch yet again and observed the two wolves. When she looked over to Husk to see if he was alright she saw him picking up a stone.

"No don't they will come after you!" She yelled then covering her mouth. Amara knew she shouldn't have screamed fearing the wolf may go attack him. Amara reached above her, pulling down a branch and breaking it. Swinging at the wolves because she didn't want to have her bow get broken like her string did once already. She yelled to the wolves "Hey you! Yea you you huge furball! Come and get me!" She knew it was foolish but the guy was at ground level and could easily be mauled. She kept swinging in hopes of hitting something.

Amara kept having thoughts run through her head of why the man jumped to the ground. Was he trying to get killed? Did he think he could take both wolves? Did he want.. her help? She assumed he may want her to shoot an arrow at the wolf if it charged at him.

She dropped the branch and pulled out her bow and another arrow. She was waiting for him to throw the rock now. Amarantha got into a sturdy position on a higher branch aiming infront of the guy about 10 feet. Close enough she could hit it and far enough he could hopefully dodge it once hit. Amara kept breathing slowly.. she learned from when she was younger. It was natural now but when she aimed with her arrows it felt like time slowed down so she would have more time to react. She was ready. Although she can't be 100% sure which part of the wolf she would hit or even if at all.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:45 pm

(*ahem* More gore warning >.>)

Husk's stone hit home, striking the larger wolf on the back of the skull. The wolf let out something of a yap before turning its head towards the boy with an almost cartooned look of rage. Pushing off the tree, the beast made its way back towards him at a brisk trot. Husk's eyes shot up towards Amara only for a second before returning to the wolf. He noted that that she was poised to fire.

Once the wolf reached the optimum position, the arrow was let fly and the wolf let another tortured cry of pain, hackles rising, as it caught him between the shoulder blades. Its moment, however, kept the 100 pound beast moving towards Husk, and he made a move to turn towards his left side, moving out of its way slightly. As it by him though, Husk planted his blade up to the hilt into the wolf's throat. He released the hilt only for a moment to get a better grip on it, then turned the blade sharply, effectively snapping the neck and putting the wolf out of its misery. A kick to the wolf's ribs would allow gravity to do the work in pulling his blade back out.

The she-wolf, having seen the procession, let out a worried bark. If she hadn't been in her right mind, she would have been tempted to follow up on the larger wolf's attack on the boy, avenge her fallen brethren, but the huntress was still up in the tree. Following through on this action would surely leave her in the same way. She looked back up to the woman in the letting out a low growl before lowering from the trunk again. The she-wolf would circle the trunk and begin meandering through the trees. As she continued, she let out a howl and seemed to disappear into the forest as though in escape. She would meet up with the other two wolves who'd yet to make their appearance.

Husk kept his eyes peeled for her return, but when it seemed that she wouldn't come back, he relaxed, looking back up to Amara.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:34 am

Amara saw the guy kill the wolf in one solid thrust, the wolf was like a voodoo doll turning anyway the holder pleased. Amara was shocked at how easy it looked for him. As the wolf ran off Amara's eyes followed it as it ran back into the woods. She looked over again though, she looked at him in a way she hadn't to anyone else. Amara saw he trusted her enough to shoot the arrow but she felt like she could trust him if she needed to. No one there for her though, she couldn't be too sure since her past friends betrayed her.

Amarantha's thought broke off to the sound of a growling wolf. She searched the area frantically because it was not in her line of sight. Every direction. She looked over to her nameless fighting companion to see if he had reacted, but in that time she had fallen of her branch. Hitting branches big and small, she could feel the stinging of the wound on her arms, legs, face and even on her torso. She hit the ground with a thud. Amara laid there for a few seconds. As soon as she mustered enough strength up, she flipped from her stomach to her back.

Out of no where a wolf flew at her like a carp throwing itself out of water. In a quick reaction she dropped her bow. Taking her hands in a circular turning motion 180 degrees. When she did so, a huge powerful gust of wind followed the movement. It didn't make the wolf fly, but she pushed it back far enough off of her to put a boot to the rabid wolf's throat. She gave one forceful push making it fall onto its side. She grabbed her dagger out of her belt loop to hear another wolf behind her. She closed her eyes scared that they would both attack at once. In that instance she would duck. Although, the two wolves just circled around her for a blind spot, as if it was a tribal dance around prey.

The wolves were growling and baring teeth, they were drooling over a pathetic looking girl like Amara. She glanced over to the guy one last time to see if it would be her last breath or if he would help her. Amara would be able to fight off better, but under her circumstances, she can't and her loss of her elemental control because she hadn't slept in over 20 hours. Elementalists are to sleep often or meditate to replenish their magical abilities.

Either way, Amarantha would not go down without a fight. She braced herself for bite wounds, betrayal.. not survival.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Upon hearing the growl of the wolves once more, Husk's first reaction was to get back up into the tree, however, he hesitated at the sound of Amara falling from the tree. He called out her name in an attempt to warn her of the first wolf's attack, but he didn't know how much it helped. He realized a bit late that neither of these two wolves where the female one which had attacked Amara earlier.

The she-wolf hadn't been far behind the other two. She was a bit disappointed by the woman's clumsiness, and didn't feel the need to involve herself in the other wolves' plan for her. Why compete with them when the boy was just standing there, stupidly? He no longer had the help of the huntress.

The she-wolf made a jump for Husk just as he realized she was coming. He lifted his arm, his right one, unfortunately, in an attempt to keep the wolf from gnawing his face off, and when creature hit he was thrown back into the tree behind him. The wolf had gotten a hold on his arm, and its weight pulled him lower to the ground. His jacket was doing a pretty good job of keeping the wolf from drawing blood for the moment, but it wouldn't for much longer.

Husk reached the knife with his free hand. He wasn't left-handed, but the wolf saw the action and released her hold on his only for a moment. Just long enough to move her jaws and snap down on his wrist instead. Rather than let the new pain deter his efforts though, he used it for motivation. Damn wolf, he'd be feeling this pain for weeks.

Husk quickly relieved the knife from his right hand and launched a badly aimed attack on the wolf with it. He only managed to clip its shoulder, but it was enough to get the wolf on defensive rather than offensive. Husk wasn't going to attack any further though. Once the wolf released his arm, he moved to climb up the tree. The other two wolves would attack Amara any second now unless he did something.

In a last ditch effort to keep him on the ground, the wolf jumped up and made to grab hold of his foot, however Husk moved it out of the way in time to bring it across her muzzle in a kick. The she-wolf made a whining sound before giving up and heading over to her brothers and the girl.

Husk continued climbing the tree, looking like a monkey in the way he swung up to higher branches. Once he was a fair height off the ground, he did what he could to situate himself securely among the branches. He had some rope with him, but he didn't have time to use it. He broke a heftier branch off the tree and threw it towards the wolves surrounding Amara. He, then relaxed his physical body and then left it. He wasn't comfortable with how he sat in it, afraid his physical body may fall out of the tree, but he didn't have time to worry about it now.

Husk wasn't even sure if this plan would work, but in the circumstances it was the best he could do. Now in his astral body, he hovered back down to ground level. He acted as though he were actually running towards the wolves, hoping to trick them into believing he was corporeal, but the attempt was choppy and his feet lowered into the grass with each step. He passed directly in front of one of the wolves, hoping to draw its attention away from Amara. The she-wolf, at least, fell for it, making to bite at his foot and pursuing him when she missed.

He would continue to "run" further into the forest, keeping up the running act at least until one of the wolves caught up to him.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:32 pm

(Intense gore)

The wolves saw the boy's astral body come down from the tree. When it went in front of the smallest of the two wolves, it growled. As the ghostly body took off the smallest wolf took off after the figure as it ran into the wolves. Cutting in close with his speed to bite at the boy's calves and in hopes of bringing the boy to the ground.

Meanwhile, Amarantha partially got the boy's idea to distract one of the wolves. She didn't expect him to be in a ghost form though, but as he ran off Amara was ready to fight. She jumped up in mid air turning in three complete circles, feet facing the wolf nearby. The wolf was blown back almost 4 feet. Amara landed on her left knee, and hands. She dropped her dagger a foot away. The falling from the tree was taking its toll. She was taking deep breaths. Staring at the ground, she saw blood dripping from the right side of her face. She gasped at the sight of her blood. It was a constant drip, she had a gash in the side of her head.

Amarantha heard the wolf coming at her. She used a lot of her magic. She used a force of wind and it brought the dagger to her hand. She turned over on her knees facing the wolf. Amarantha threw the dagger up in the air spinning it having the blade of the dagger facing down, backwards. As the wolf came charging in at her, she took her blade bringing it close to the opposite side of her body. Just as the wolf was zeroing in on her, she let all her power go with the force of the blade. She closed her eyes as the blade severed the mighty beasts flesh and stomach. It cried out in intense pain. Blood and stomach acid came out, but no food. The wolf hadn't eaten. It was even as big as she had assumed. It had a dense fur coat. The mighty beast fell to its side.

Amara saw what she had done, she had not killed an animal like this before. She had her own blood mixed with wolf blood all over her. She started to feel sick but she got over that feeling when she heard a wolf howling in the distance. She thought it was the other wolf but she couldnt be sure.

As she was getting up, she looked up. She saw the boy's body up in the tree. she climbed into another tree to see if she could find where the howling came from.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Husk looked over his shoulder just in time to see Amara blow the wolf away. It was a big wolf, and the sheer distance she'd managed to throw it testified to her strength. The two smaller ones were the only ones left, and Husk felt confident that if they'd managed to kill the larger ones then they'd be able to either hold their own or chase off the smaller ones.

That may not even be necessary though. They were both chasing after him now. Maybe he could lead them far enough away before they caught up to him. Then it would be a simple matter of moving into the invisible spectrum and returning to his body while they were disoriented by his sudden disappearance. This was assuming the wolves wouldn't be able to see him. Some animals still could, but considering wolves were so closely related to dogs, Husk didn't think he had anything to worry about here.

The wolves were moving fast though. They'd be on him in an instant at this rate. Just as the she-wolf moved to pounce, Husk gave up on his running act. He could move faster if he wasn't trying to make it look like he was running. However the wolf had managed to grab at his feet before he continued to zoom away. Of course, she'd gone right through him, but she knew she'd made contact. She stopped running and simply looked after him dumbfounded.

Husk looked forward again. He didn't want to go through any trees and make it more obvious than it already was. However, running directly towards him was a massive creature. The alpha had finally decided to get somewhat involved. Husk lowered his head instinctively but didn't stop moving. Behind him, he heard the she-wolf bark. She already turned back, realizing there was no flesh to bite into on this path. The alpha jumped, and he fazed right through it. The alpha kept moving though. He was headed back towards Amara and his body.

Then Husk felt something which made his gut sink. His arm had relaxed, dropped out of his lap and hung limply over the side of the tree. His weight was shifting. His back rubbed against the rough bark of the tree, before he fell out entirely. He felt several branches sting at his arms before his body came to a rough landing at the base of the tree. His shoulder slammed into the ground, followed by his head and a feeling of dread passed through him. If he'd hit his head hard, and it very much felt like it, he wouldn't be able to re-enter his body. He put a hand to the point of impact on the back of his head as if he'd be able to feel for blood this way, but it didn't work like that. He'd only know for certain once he could feel the blood actually spilling down his physical scalp.

If it was possible for Husk to "skid" to a halt in this form, its what he did. He moved as fast as this weightless form would take him, but the she-wolf and the alpha were faster. They'd reach his body before he did, and then the question would only be how quickly they could rip his throat out. At this morbid thought, Husk reached a hand to his throat, as if anticipating and preparing for the amount of pain he'd feel.

The Alpha would be more cautious though. He ran off towards the right, still remaining out of sight of the woman. The she-wolf had all but forgotten about the huntress, having been disappointed and dubbed as "inferior" prey. She ran directly for the boy's motionless and grounded body without even stopping to look around for the archer girl.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:33 am

(Mild Language, Gore)

The wolf was behind Husk chasing him about the woods, when he chose to turn around and go back, the wolf was chasing him, but stopped. The wolf took off about 45 degrees to the right of the direction he was running. It disappeared into the midst of darkness caused by an odd overlay of thick trees.

Back by Amarantha..

Amara was wiping blood off of herself. She looked at the wolf again, wondering if she could salvage the pelt or if it was too blood stained. She saw its leg start spazzing.

"Damn wolf, stop spazzing! Your dead, just stop it," Amara yelled at the wolf. She got a deep Sharp pain in her arm she didn't notice until now. "What the hell? When did you sink your claws into my arm!? Your so lucky you died fast! This is going to leave a huge scar." The wolf had a spasm in its vocal chords. It let out a low growl, almost perfectly in-tune with her rant.

Amara was going to continue when she heard something falling in a tree. She had her bow off the ground with a force of powerful wind bringing it to her hand as she normally does to retrieve it. With her right hand reaching into her quiver for an arrow. She turned facing the tree to see the guy's body fall from the tree. She looked at his body, he was bleeding. She was sure it was his blood because she saw it coming from the back of his head.

She put her arrow back in its quiver and wrapped her bow around her body, over her one arm so she wouldn't set it down again. She did this as she was walking towards him, once the bow was on her she began running til she got to him. She fell onto her knees next to him. She didn't know if he was unconscious because he left still or if he was in coma.

Amara started talking to him in her normal tone, "Hey, hey kid, wake up. The wolves are coming back. Wake up, wake up!" She shook him abruptly to and fro getting no response. "The wolves are going to be back here soon, please answer!" Amara put his arm around her neck, grabbing the other arm as well to keep him level on her. His feet dragged. She took him to behind a tree, out of sight. Amara couldn't put him back up in the tree because her arm started to go numb from pain of her fresh wound. She had flies going to eat her fresh flesh wound, she kept shooing the with a swift movement of her right hand over the left arm. It was a deep wound, she felt her muscles tensing repeatedly. Her arm would pump more blood out with each harsh movement she does. Amara knew she would keep bleeding out until her arm clotted. That would take days, she had merely minutes, if that til the wolfs would return. She had noticed from hitting her head on the branches prior to this wound, it stopped bleeding. However, that had time to clot, considering its location.

Amara looked around from wolves, quickly, she reached in her quiver pocket to grab her string and ripped it in two. She put a piece tight around her upper arm to try and slow some of the bleeding. Amara was unaware she had torn a muscle but she felt much pain. It limited her ability to fight even more so. She grabbed a huge plant leaf, it was a special plant she had seen before, it helped your body in some way, she couldn't remember. She thought it helped with wounds but it may have been burns or cuts or something. She didn't remember.

Amara took the leaf and covered the back of his head. She then tied the string around his head. She wanted his head to begin to clot if it would. In the meantime, while it would do so, she took off her bow, grabbed an arrow, and aimed it in the direction his ghost looking form went. Her aim was not as good because of her arm, but she focused closely on any sign of movement. She was ready, but she needed a doctor just as bad.

Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:56 pm

Husk could vaguely hear Amara's voice close by his physical body. He could only make out indistinct mumblings though, not enough to hear what she was saying. He then felt amara trying to shake him awake. It was a strange thing to feel your head moving back and forth when your current body wasn't actually doing it, but it was something that Husk had grown used to.

The alpha had given the area around the two teenagers a wide berth, running quickly, but quietly, through the thick wood in a practiced manner. Once he was directly west of the two, he changed direction and began moving towards them. After getting within close enough proximity, he slowed, trying ever harder not to make a sound and give away his position. He would come out just behind Amara, laying his eyes momentarily on the motionless boy not three feet away.

The she-wolf had continued at her same pace with Husk on her tail. With each passing second, however, Husk was loosing ground on the wolf. The she-wolf let out a low growl upon seeing Amara through the trees. However, she would see the alpha and immediately know what to do. Before the huntress would have time and a clear line of sight to shoot, the she-wolf weaved behind a tree. She would use the trees as cover and make her way around the archer and back towards the boy.

Husk fazed directly through the tree the she-wolf had jumped behind. His eyes widened at the sight of the massive wolf behind Amara and he called out to her in an attempt to warn her. Upon seeing the form of the translucent boy, however, the alpha would steel himself and make a move to pounce onto the woman's back.

Husk would faze through any ensuing scuffle in a rush to return to his physical body. Once he was one again, he wasted a few precious seconds to blink the grogginess away and make sure everything in his body was working properly. His head had begun to bleed. That wasn't good, but at least he'd been able to re-enter his body, even if he was still a bit disoriented.

He hadn't, however, forgotten where he was or what was happening. He managed to retrieve the knife from his belt loop just as the she-wolf made its appearance once again. The wolf, not having expected Husk's body to be animated once more, didn't think before launching its attack. As it pounced, Husk sloppily aimed to catch her in the chest with the knife. Using the wolf's own momentum and his free hand at her collar, he directed its body over him and to his other side. The attack hit home, but in case it wasn't enough, Husk administered a double tap, pulling the blade back out just a bit before aiming more directly for the heart, hopefully killing the wolf as quickly as possible. The wolf lay still after this.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:40 am

Amara looked up from staring at the ground, listening for sudden movements when she heared the sound of muffled yelling. She heard something and looked around in all directions for why she heard the yelling. When she did she saw an enormous wolf so close to her. She was thinking of what she should do. One arrow wouldn't take it down. It jumped to pounce on her she used a forceful wind pushing her and the wolf apart. She went back fell landing on her good arm but a zinging pain went through her other arm. She got up feeling her injuries more and more by the minuet. She did one thing she was really good at. Taunting and climbing.

"Come on wolf, come at me!" Amara yelled as she was looking at a tree. She was baiting the Alpha.
When it stepped forward a tiny bit more, Amara ran forward with all her strength, just in front of the wolf she jumped. She almost got her foot bitten off. Amarantha was swinging completely around a branch landing on top of it. The pain in her arm was excruciating. She forgot about it when she did jump. She gripped her arm, for it started to bleed again. She gathered enough strength to shoot her bow and arrow. She shot an arrow to the boy's feet. She hoped he would get the message about using it as an extra weapon. Amara sharpens the tips so fine it draws blood as you run your finger across it.

The wolf that ran from Husk found a way into the same tree as Amarantha.

Amara was in the process of aiming at a shoulder blade of the Alpha. When suddenly, she heard another growl. Her eyes searched the ground for the source. She couldn't find it. Out of nowhere her branch became lower and started to crack. Amara turned around and saw a huge wolf on her branch 4 feet away. Her eyes searched again, looking for how it got up. She saw a smaller tree was pushed onto her tree now. The wolf found its own way up. Amara, instead of aiming, she held a higher branch. As the wolf came, its weight broke the branch more and more. Again, she searched the trees. Three feet away was a nice thick one on the opposite tree. She would need a running start, which she didn't have time for. She let the branch go. Luckily it was a type of pine tree but sharper. That plus a small gust of wind whapped it in the face. It let out a cry of pain.

The wolf was slowly opening it eyes, pawing at them. It must have hit him in the eye. Amara grappled her dagger and ran on the incapable wolf's head, as it pushed up, she flew to the tree trunk. She staples it with her dagger. The wolf tried to turn around but the branch was too narrow. Amara climbed very slowly, for her arm was dripping blood. Her boots were a great help in her climb. They could grip as good as her hands. She kept pushing until she wound a nice thick branch above her. Now 15 feet above the wolf. Now with her time, she stood above the wolf, dagger in one hand, bow in the other. She stabbed the tree with her dagger as to hold it when she pulled back on her bow. She aimed at the wolf, she had clear sight for a kill shot.

Suddenly, her arm tensed causing her to have a faulty shot, hitting it in its left paw. It fell off the tree, hitting the ground with tremendous force. It must be heavier than it looks. But the wolf got up slowly, looking and growling at Amara. It searched for a way to get her down. The wolf barked to the Alpha as if saying help me tip the tree over. It awaited a response when Amara looked to the boy.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:13 pm

The gust of wind in the face of made him recoil, back paws landing first. Once he was firmly back on the ground, he sneezed in response to the air in his face. At the huntress' words, he looked back up at her, his face distorting into a challenging growl. He did make an effort to jump and catch the woman's foot before she made up into the tree, however it failed.

Husk took a few more seconds to collect himself as he stood. It didn't help that Amara had moved him. Now the area he was in was different, if only slightly. The mass of wolf falling out of the tree nearby was enough to startle him back into reality though.

The Alpha also looked back towards the sound, now making note of the dead she-wolf and the standing Husk. The Alpha looked up into the trees at the other wolf's barking. An archer up above them, and this boy right in front of him. It was quite the decision. Going for the boy would be difficult with the archer bearing on him. However didn't do it now, the boy would flee into the trees and they may never be able to bring him back down. Either that, or he would make it difficult for the two wolves to make it up to the woman like the other wolf seemed to want to do.

Either way, the Alpha wouldn't be satisfied with only one. It was all or nothing after these two had managed to kill of three of his fellow pack already. The Alpha's decision was made him for him once Husk turned and made to climb up the tree behind him. Two wolves was a bit more than he wanted to handle in his physical body.

Though Husk was able to get a good lead up the tree initially, the Alpha had managed to get his foot in its jaws before he got a good height advantage. Now the Alpha pulled back with a combination of force and his own weight with the help of gravity. He wanted to get the boy back down before the huntress got the chance to cock her bow again, but Husk held fast. He could feel the Alpha teeth through the material of his shoes, and it wasn't a good feeling. His current hold on the branches, however, didn't allow him security to make any kind of attack on the Alpha. If he let go with either hand, he surely be pulled back down to the ground.

The Alpha hadn't been able to relay any further instructions to the other wolf, however he hoped that the other wolf would understand that he wanted him to continue after the archer, hold her attention as the Alpha focused on the boy.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:52 am

The wolf came to the base of Amara's tree and came to the opposite side out of her line of sight. He stepped back a few feet. He ran to the tree and jumped as high as his injured paw would let him. In agony he sucked it up and began climbing faster and faster through the pain. He finally made it to Amara. She was distracted by watching, trying to see if she could climb far enough to the end of the branch to see how Husk is doing. However, she cant seem to get far enough.

The wolf was already to the branch and trying to walk towards her without falling. Her foolish actions that made her oblivious to all other surroundings makes her end up with three scratches that broke the skin over her rib cage on her left side. It wasn't a deep wound but it caused her to fall.

She was face down on the ground, severe stomach pain caused her to start spitting up blood. Amara slowly got up. She had some internal damage now. She was slowly reaching for her quiver for an arrow, but then she realized it wasn't there. The remaining three arrows fell haphazardly among the ground. At least a few feet away was the nearest arrow.

She was now attempting to go for an arrow. The excruciating pain in her arm made it almost impossible so she began to get on her knees and crawl. She was so close, but by the time she was almost there, the wolf was already on the ground and pulled her towards it. She had no wind power left so she started flailing, attempting to throw off her shoe and get away. Her energy was so low though so she had immense difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

Husk only heard the thud of Amara falling from the tree. In his current position, he was unable to turn at all to see if she was okay or where the second wolf was. Instead he look downwards, keeping a firm hold on the two branches.

He could feel the Alpha's jaws beginning to tear through the material of his left shoe and now he could see the determination in the alpha's eyes. The wolf wasn't going to give up easy. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Amara struggling to reach her arrows and the second wolf approaching her. This was a bad situation. For both of them.

Immediately, Husk focused on the Alpha. He couldn't do anything for Amara if he couldn't help himself first. If it was possible for him, he tightened his grip on the branches and lifted his free foot. He brought it back down hard, aiming directly for the animal's muzzle. If he could just get some latitude, he'd be able to free his foot and get up the tree before the alpha could do anything about it.

Husk lifted his foot a second time, and this time he aim for the teeth. Feeling the pressure on his foot give a bit, he quickly pulled up with his arms, yanking his foot right out of the beast's mouth. It took all of two motions for him to pull himself into a steady position over the branches.

He looked back to Amara, getting an epiphany. She had shot him an arrow earlier. The design of the arrows were too flimsy for him to realistically use as a close range weapon though. Instead he had simply tucked it away in the belt loops of his jeans. He moved to retrieve it now and called out to the huntress.

"Amara!" He only wait a moment before tossing the arrow back to her. He trusted she'd be fine once she was properly armed and looked back down to the Alpha who had landed back on the ground rather ungracefully. The Alpha looked back to protege and the archer, but decided the other wolf could handle the quickly weakening prey.

Husk readied his blade again, not wanting the wolf to have an opportunity to go after Amara when she was already in enough of a jam. At first he moved to climb up a bit more and follow the trees branches to the left some. The Alpha barked a few times, letting Husk know that he was indeed still interested in him.

Now he moved quickly, purposely trying to get a lead on the alpha who followed his every move below him. Once he got this lead, he jumped down from the tree, catching a lower branch to slow his fall in a practiced manner. Then he took aim, keeping a steady eye on the Alpha as he approached. He held his left hand, lowering it abruptly so he caught the wolf in the jugular.

Husk's aim was slightly off as the Alpha anticipated his next move, though. His blade slid into the Alpha's shoulder and then caught there as the massive creature pulled to the right. The sudden action caught Husk off guard and he lost his grip on the hilt of his blade. The wolf turned full circle, squaring off against the teenagers as blood dripped beneath the blade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doe-eyed.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doe-eyed..   Doe-eyed.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doe-eyed..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outer Island :: Ira Forest-
Jump to: