Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Settling in

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 am

Danny trotted after Leah, though a little faster. he snuffed along the ground every once in a while, hoping to get a feel for the place so that he could find it sooner, though his nose led him to another discovery entirely. ah, Leah had been down here already, and recently, too. of course, that would explain why she knew where she was going.

As Daniel snuffed along, he wasn't exactly paying attention to where he was going. his back leg caught on something unfamiliar, and he stumbled and slipped, letting out a doggy yelp in the process. he raised his head very slowly to look at Leah, with his ears down and tail hanging in gloomy embarrassment.

Danny let out a grumpy sneeze (dog equivalent of a face-palm, maybe?) before following Leah into the room.

as soon as he stepped through, his eyes fell on the computers. Leah must have brought them here, he realized, as he sniffed around. this place definitely needed computers
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Character Age : 33
District : Rosefall

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Leah could help but smile as there was the little sound coming from the dog. He wasn't watching out for bumps like she had. Leah walked further into the room stroking some of the technology. As she touched it, some flickered on and turned off again after her touch left it. They seemed to appreciate the comfort, "My poor babies, you'll be together soon."

She sighed and turned to look at Daniel. She opened her arms to show case her various parts of computers. At the motion all of the monitors glowed back to life and code traveled on their screens. Not long after each screen said, Welcome to Silveredge Daniel! She couldn't help but laugh. It felt good to have her power flow through the junk. She couldn't wait to put them together.

Dropping her arms the screens went black again and she raised an eyebrow at him.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Daniel happily trotted around one of the computers,morphing back to his human form as he did so.

"I'll definitely know who to ask if any of the electronics break down around here."

he couldn't help but grin when his own name appeared across the screen. Leah definitely new her talents and used them well.

"I have to thank you for bringing these down here--they'll definitely be used well. Are you in charge of setting them up, then?" His mind was whirring with ideas of how he would put the computers to good use. obviously they would be used for research and such--did this school have a library yet? it may be best to put some there....

if there was a library, would all of the computers fit? or was there a computer lab or some empty room around? goodness, he didnt' even know his way around his own school...

and there he went, thinking too quickly again
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Leah smiled to herself. Daniel better come to her if there was something broken.The horror of leaving the parts to someone unskilled was to terrible to think. Leah looked over at Daniel to see his reaction and laughed as he smiled. "It's fine. I t is my job after all. I was planning on putting them in the Library. I have to warn you. The Mayor plans to make that public, so don't be surprised if you find strangers around here ."

She watched the man closely and ran her fingers through her long pony tail. She wouldn't dare cut it. It was really pretty long, but a hassle.That's why it was always up. After a few seconds she started to pick up some pieces and found out where the bits went. With out looking up she called out, "Come and have a look. Maybe you can help." She registered all of the pieces and started putting it together like a puzzle.

She easily could have used her powers to put it together, but she wanted Daniel to get a look.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Daniel inclined his head slightly. "the library would make the most sense. I'm assuming that if the Mayor wishes to make it public, that these are the only internet sources available on the island?"

He walked briskly over to Leah, peering over her shoulder at the wires. he was good with using computers themselves, but the act of making them run through the cabling was more of Terri's strength, and therefore something that he hadn't exactly looked into. again, he was grateful to her help.

"so there isn't a public library, i assume?" that made Daniel a little sad, but it was better for the sources of information to be closer to the students. however, a public library would have been nice as well.

Ah, his love of knowledge was whispering at the edges of his mind again.

Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Leah nodded her head as she worked, "Emphadon knows more on it than I do. It was his idea. The library is big enough i'd say that there isn't a need for a double." She found that putting the pieces of the computer together was pretty fun, but she couldn't do all of them like this. Parts of the computers around her mimicked her movements. This would be so much faster!

Looking around for a quick second she pointed to a piece near Daniel and then to where it went. In between her teeth she had a hard drive so should couldn't really speak.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:04 pm

"well, i'm glad to hear that the library is large. its like it doubles as a the town's public island, then."

Danny followed Leah's mute instructions, chuckling lightly at the hard drive in her mouth. he was happy to help--Daniel figured she would run out of limbs to hold the pieces with long before she ran out of ambition.

he watched as the other computers mimicked the steps from the computer that Leah was at.
Electric fairy didn't do her justice.

Technopath+ electric fairy would be more accurate
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 am

Leah's response came with a nod since the hard drive was still in her mouth. When her but the piece in, copies of it did the same around the room. So much faster.She was able to take the piece out of her mouth now and place it in it's proper position. "Ah there we go... I think I'm done for today. " Leah put down the parts for the computer modem and stood up quickly, and had to wave her arms a bit because she was a bit unbalanced.

Putting her hair back behind her she pointed to the door. "I better get going actually. I had some paper work to organize back home. I'll see you around though!" The truth was she most likely wasn't going to get all her paper work in order. But she had to start on it. Secretary Leah had to much dump from the mayor.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Danny reach out slightly to help balance Leah, out of habit. Danny gave her a little nod.
"the secretary that never rests, huh? well, i'm sure we'll be meeting up again."

Danny gave Leah a little salute before morphing back into a dog, giving her a happy little pant and turning his head to one side in an almost puppy-like manor.

ok, so maybe he was hamming it up a little, but hey, the dog face made such great impressions!
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:47 am

The assistance was appeciated, "Thank you. Yeah, lots of work!"The dog was just to cute to not smile at. She walked out of the room and waved good bye. It was kind of awkward to walk away since she had some hall to go to to get the heck out of there. So she summoned her wings and made the escape fast. She wouldn't stop until she got home, and by then she needed a heating pad for her pains.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:35 am

Danny gave a doggy grin--he was glad he wasn't the one that had to walk backwards. dogs weren't meant for that. well, either way...

with a little sneeze at some accumulating dust, Danny trotted off to explore the rest of the school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Settling in
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: School :: First Floor :: Main Office-
Jump to: