Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Settling in I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Settling in I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Settling in I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Settling in I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Settling in I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Settling in I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Settling in I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Settling in I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Settling in I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Settling in

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:28 pm

A tall, black dog with blue eyes, tall ears, and long hair was quietly trotting along the hallways towards the main office.

Danny sighed, blowing the fur off his nose. this was going to be different...just how had he ended up the principle, again? ah, right. the experience, the people...

Danny snuffed along the floor here and there before coming to a large door. he pawed at it lightly until it swung open, and for a moment, he stood there, his tail swishing lightly

...and the awesome office.

Principle Abbot chuckled lightly, and trotted over to a little sunspot on the carpet where he curled up and layed his head on his paws. he would tour the school later. but for now, he would sleep
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm

As Danny lay there, on the floor, he tried to work out his earlier question. honestly, how had he gotten here?

let's see...

he closed his eyes and let his mind drift. he'd gotten to the island, and headed toward town hall. he'd spoken to the mayor....what was his name?

"'hello, Mayor Cupido.'"

ah, that was it. Cupido. He hadn't needed any papers for the job, which was a relief, really. there had been some confusion over his age however, and danny had forgotten to mention his morphing ability. ah, well, he could explain it some other time. Danny had simply popped in looking for a job at the school. he'd really only expected a teaching position, but somehow had found himself a principle, instead.

"well now, its wonderful that you want to be a teacher Mr....Abbot? But there is a slight predicament on my hands. you see, before i can begin to hire teachers, the school needs a principle...or headmaster, if you will."

"a principle?" danny had repeated, curious. it had sounded quite interesting. "if you're in need of a headmaster...i mostly came here to help the students, in anyway I could. if you would allow me to, i could do that even better as a headmaster..."

Mayor Cupido's eyes had brightened a bit at the suggestion. "Really? Mr. Abbot, you have no idea how much weight you've taken off my shoulders--well, i suppose i should call you Principle Abbot, actually."

"You mean you'll hire me as the principle?"

Danny had been taken aback, actually. despite the fact that he'd managed to explain to the Mayor that he was over a century over, he still looked quite young, regardless. well, he was here now, so he supposed he was, in fact, a headmaster now, as the mayor had
excused himself quite quickly after that. he seemed to be quite the busy man
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Character Age : 33
District : Rosefall

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 pm

The School. Well it was marked on the map so, it should be there, right? Cupido left out the detail when she had gone to him about it. Yes electronics were marvelous! She got it, Cupido seemed happy though. Leah trailed a wagon with supplies behind her and saw the building in the distance. Whoa, it was big. She Finally got to the building and wandered it's incomplete halls. Where was she supposed to put all these computer parts?

Finally she passed a door marked Maintenance. That would do. Leah rolled the wagon in and shut door quickly glad it was gone. The trip to get here had taken long enough, so she didn't want to leave right away. Exploring was always fun.

She summoned her wings and skipped walking up the stairs. Her legs hurt, but now her back was threatening to ache. At the top she made her wings disperse and walked down the hall. The place was going to be really cool when it was done.

Leah stumbled into a room though and was very surprised to find a canine sunning. What was it doing here? "Hey, doggie! Come here! Where did you come from?"
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 am

Danny had about fallen asleep--his long legs partially sprawled across the floor near his desk--when the door open and a dark-haired girl walked in. Danny let out a large yawn, opening his bright blue eyes. he stood and stretched, and turned to face his new company curiously. at her exclamation, he gave a warm, friendly bark and trotted up to her with his tail gently wagging behind him.

danny had a feeling that meeting new people would be one of the best parts of this job...for multiple reasons.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Leah smiled as the dog came near her and went to scratch behind it's ears. It shouldn't answer her, of course not. What had she been expecting? Well, maybe it could, the Island was magical in a sense. There was already a lady working in the market. Leah had walked by and seen Cupido working on her shop. From what he described her as, she was pretty magical. Then she had to rush back to the town hall to deal with blueprints Cupido had flung everywhere. Being the Secretary was definitely a tough job.

"Why would you be up here? How did you even get into the building?" She stopped petting the dog and squinted her eyes looking into the dog's. Blue eyes. Animals could have blue eyes, yet something felt off with these eyes. Leah smirked and created an electrical current in her hand. If she was being played with, she'd get pay back.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:10 pm

being scratched behind the ears...was...his weakness. he panted happily, attempting to hide a grin at her question. dogs could work doorknobs if they were tall enough. still, the smile came through quite clearly as he made an odd noise like a chuckle deep in his chest--more like a grin, really. he then walked around Leah, and stood on his hind legs in front of the door. using his paws, he worked the knob until the door finally swung lightly open. he looked at leah with a mischievous glint in his eyes before he started walking out the door. then he turned back to her.

coming? his eyes seem to say.

stupid sun-bathing...he always forgot what it was that he was supposed to do. he would show the girl who he was...well, when he needed thumbs anyway.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Watching the Dog go and open the door raised her brows in surprise. Okay, this wasn't a normal dog. Just because she felt nice, Leah stopped the current in her hand. She didn't need to accidently shock the thing. The look in it's eyes was... daring? What ever it was, Leah wanted to follow the animal. "Going to take me to your leader of something? Be nice if you were in a form that you could talk back." She relieved her thoughts on the Dog being something else.

No doubt Cupido had something to do with this. Leah got up and walked towards the door prepared to follow the dog to where ever. Adventure time.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:56 pm

There had been multiple rooms that he felt he wanted to check out--it wouldn't make much sense if a principle couldn't find his way around his own school.

talking? oh. well, the canine form was so much more comfortable...but it was quite inconvenient under some circumstances. Danny turned back to Leah before letting out a sound similar to a sigh. then, his body seemed to shift. it was a quicker process than some people expected from a full-blown morph, but at the same time, the unaided eye could easily follow the transition. Danny's body stretched and grew upward rather quickly, the fur receding from his face; it was always the eyes that shifted last.

Daniel Abbot blinked owlishly at Leah, trying to get used to seeing in color again. his wiry frame was slightly concealed by a professional black suit and tie, and his black hair was slightly mused from the morph. his blue eyes were quite similar to their canine form, though--still bright blue.

despite the suit, however, anyone seeing him would guess him to be no older than early 20's, if that. if it weren't for the attaire, he would look a few years younger.

he shot Leah a bright smile.
"sorry about that," he said. "the canine form was just more interesting to use to explore."
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Her eyes widened as she watched the dog become a man. She hadn't met a Shifter before. She could feel her magnetic pull change as each of his details did so. A smile escaped her lips a little as he tried to transition back into his Human form. He seemed to be a pretty good looking male in his suit.

"Hello, I'm Leah. I live in Rosefall. I came here to drop off some computer equipment that I'm installing." A friendly hand held out in front of her towards the man. Leah was pretty interested in this man. Maybe he could shift into other forms too. She'd love to see them all.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Danny grinned and shook the offered hand. "Daniel abbot. I'm the newly appointed principle." That would be the first time he'd introduced himself as a principle. It felt a little strange.
Computers? Thank goodness. It would be ridiculous to not have computers here. Danny stuck his hands casually in his jacket pockets--he always introduced himself with his full name, and left it to other people to choose how they felt comfortable addressing him, especially in this case. Some people saw him as being younger, and others older. Very few knew his real age
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:11 am

Principal hay? No wonder he was in the school then. A small laugh indicated Leah's surprise. "You had me going earlier Mr.Abbot. I that you were truly a lost dog! Well it's very nice to meet you." Leah felt like standing was getting boring so she leaned against the wall. yeah, those computers were going to be a pain in the back. Cupido better have bought a wifi system. If not She'd have to Fine the nearest Country or where ever Cupido gets all this stuff.

"I am District Leader of RoseFall and Cupido's Secretary, which I can tell you, is a bunch of running about doing who knows what! Say why such a young guy like you become the Principal?"
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:40 am

(sorry, principal was spelled wrong -.- stupid cell phone).
danny laughed. "yeah, i've fooled quite a few people with that one."
"his secretary? i'd imagine that that would be quite a pain...," Mayor Cupido had barely stayed still long enough to tell Danny where the school was even located. at Leah's last question, Danny ran his fingers through his already messy hair.

"well, i'm not quite as young as I look...plus, the Mayor seemed quite in need of a principal. he hardly gave me time to answer."

"so, why is the mayor's secretary installing computers?" danny raised a curious eyebrow. the town was somewhat short on staff right now, but it still didn't seem the job that a mayor would send his secretary to do.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Ah so Leah wasn't the only victim to his cute canine form. Her expression shot at Daniel in a way of saying his words were an understatement. she rolled her eyes and shook her head side to side. "Sounds like him, haha, so how old are you then? You look pretty young to me. Then again Empha's older than he looks."

""Ah, I'm skilled with electronic's. I am an electric Fairy. So Seeing Cupido can't handle a light bulb, I had to do it, or he'd hurt himself.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:35 pm

"ah, well...," Danny pursed his lips, thinking for a moment. "117 years...ish? i had a hard enough time keeping track of it before i stopped aging."

it had been difficult to keep his real birthday straight because of how young he'd been when it was no longer even thought of. he was pretty sure he was close, anyway, in terms of years. also, as he got older, he would probably find it less and less important to remember to the closest month--or year, even.

"can't handle a light bulb, huh?" Danny chuckled to himself. "i have a friend that's good with electricity, though when he was first starting out, computers had an odd knack for blowing up when he was around. honestly, i've never heard of a lightning fairy." it sounded pretty interesting, actually
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 pm

Gosh, much older than he looked. Well he definitely looked good for his age! Leah was only twenty one herself. Empha was in a way even younger yet older. It was very col though to meet someone who was 117 years old. And he was a shifter! It was her lucky day for sure.

Leah was glad he liked her joke but the need to correct him so great she couldn't stop herself, and realised it might have been rude after. "Not lightening, electric. I can understand technology and manipulated the electromagnetic field to some extent. Can't fly though, well I can, what fairy can't fly. I just stink at it."
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:13 pm

"ah, my mistake, sorry," Danny replied with a smile. she was very specific--but that seemed to make sense, considering.
"you can't fly well?" he asked curiously "Why is that?" well, everyone has there weaknesses. for instance, danny had attempted morphing into a fish once....it didn't end well.
still, it was rather curious that some one who was supposedly meant for flying--like a fairy--had problems with it. then again, normal humans were "meant" for purposes that they too, couldn't always accomplish. things that were seemed to be natural
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Leah puffed out a sigh, "Not sure, my back hurts after not long though. I prefer a segway or cart than flying." It must have been meant to be or something, Her parents had never told her if anything had caused it, so she had always just assumed that it was how she was born.

"So what you planning on doing till Students arrive? You can always come and hang out withme and Emphadon. He is the district leader for Rioton." Leah looked around absorbing the environment.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:31 pm

"well, i figured i should get used to the layout for the school, so that i can actually maneuver it better than my students. other than that though, i don't have much for plans." the school was rather large--it would take some getting used to, but if he explored it in dog form, he could always use his nose to retrace his steps if he got lost, and to figure out where he had or hadn't been. however, after that it would get rather boring.

"Emphadon? that's quite the name...i'm guessing there aren't a lot of other people on the island yet?" he carefully stored the name Emphadon into his memory as best as he could--he would have to make a note to meet him before the school got going.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:25 pm

"As far as I know our population is about 7 people." Leah made a gesture of pushing her finger up the bridge of her nose adjusting imaginary glasses. She was such a geek, but didn't need glasses, oh well. Leah smiled and looked around. She sound try looking around a well. Getting a feel of the place would be nice.

"Mind if I join you wandering party?"
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Danny couldn't help but smile at her imaginary-glasses motion. and that smile only became more prominant at her question. "yeah, sure. it would be nice not to wander around by myself...its more interesting when you have someone to talk to. though, i have to warn you, i'll have no idea where i'm going. er...do you mind if i...,"

Danny smiled sheepishly. it would be more difficult to converse with Leah as a dog, he was just so much more used to being a dog. when he was around Zigg, at least, he could..."translate". though, Danny had found ways to speak his mind without actually saying anything.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 pm

He had a nice laugh, she was quite happy she could make it sound. Leah rolled her eyes and nodded. Dogs were cute anyway. She wanted to go check out all the equipment she had brought over. Maybe she could show Daniel something cool. Sparks got tiring after a while.

"I will follow you." She looked at Daniel and couldn't help but smile. They were sure to be good friend, it had been easy enough with Empha. Making friends seemed so much easier as an adult, no stupid high school cliches in the way or that awkwardness of being in puberty.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Danny grinned happily, and as hi stood there the smile started to turn more canine. soon he was standing there in front of Leah, all fur and paws and wagging tail. Danny panted happily, his bright pink tongue a random spot of color surrounded by dark fur.

yes, canine forms were much more convenient

Danny let out a little bark that sent his tail wagging again
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:12 am

Okay he was adorable. Leah had to try not to go all googoo on him and pet him again. He was a fellow worker, she will not give in to the cuteness! She looked around the hall and thought for a second of where to look. Maybe she could go back to the room she dumped all the computer gear in. It would be cool to example to Daniel how her powers worked.

"Lets go downstairs, I want to show you something."
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Danny gave a soft woof of a reply, bobbing his head. he took a couple of steps back to signal to Leah that he would follow her. He could keep them from being lost of course, cut considering that he didn't know where she wanted to go....

ladies first he thought to himself with an inward chuckle.

it looked like he'd have a day of exploring after all. he was always one for being shown something, rather than being the one doing the showing
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:02 am

Leah raced down the stairs and slowed down towards the bottom. She wan't going to trip in front of Daniel. "It's just down the hall." She walked carefully now, not sure if there were bumps in the floor. Passing some of the rooms still under construction she shook her head. They seemed to have been worked on while she was upstairs.

She opened the door the room and smiled as the computers seemed to be waiting for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Settling in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in   Settling in I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Settling in
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: School :: First Floor :: Main Office-
Jump to: