Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

In Need of Supplies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zigg

Zigg

In Need of Supplies Empty
PostSubject: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Zigg carefully pulled his wings in towards his back as he stepped up to the stoop of the pharmacy. he had to admit that he never expected to end up having to stop off at a pharmacy, though he had been in the Sunshield district infirmary once already--though it was to meet up with someone, rather than having to do with his health.

the dark hair man, pursed his lips for a moment, before finally pushing the door open. his dark eyes scanned the immediate area of the the store, quietly taking in the items currently available on sale. he'd already spotted the candles that he knew for sure that he needed, but he would be playing everything else by ear. Zigg started maneuvering the store, his footfalls rather quiet as he glanced about for the shopkeeper.

Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Isobel was in her shop, calmly reading while twiddling a peice of metal with a bell in the other. The strip and noisemaking device had been part of the door but after a few days she had gotten sick of the ringing. Her ears were sharp enough to detect when someone was coming in.

And so that morning before opening she had taken huge satisfaction form retching it away from the wall. The bell had been crushed, and the thin metal had been made into a ball, which was thrown into the bin as she went to see who was in the shop.

She turned the corner and into the into the section of the shop where the potential customer was.

Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Zigg's eyes flickered up to meet a woman with blue skin and yellow eyes. He had to admit to himself that her appearance was unexpected, though the case had been the same with Samorn's personality. It seemed that this island was full of surprises.

Still making sure that his wings were close to his back so that he wouldn't knock anything over, he addressed the woman in front of him.

"Are you the store owner?" He asked in his low, warm voice. As a man of few words, he wasn't the most comfortable in stores, and the fact that this was a pharmacy simply doubled the effect. But, there were things that he needed, and so it couldn't be helped. He had had to leave most of his things at his last safe house, and so he'd come to the island with very little--a few changes of clothes, and a suit and tie that he didn't look forward to wearing. At the moment he was wearing something much more casual:

a plain grey v-neck shirt, with a black button-up over top, unbuttoned and with its sleeves rolled. Though the material was light, between the button up, dark jeans and tennis shoes, the man looked no older than early 20's, and you had to wonder whether or not he was quite warm in his current attire.
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:49 pm

The phooka was wearing her standard uniform that day, a pristine labcoat rolled up at the sleeves with and open to reveal a dress underneath and some flat shoes.

"Yes, I am" she said, nodding and smiling slightly. She didn't have to talk to him without him getting down to business. Great, Isobel found conversation with some people like pulling teeth.

"I'd ask if you were browsing, but people usually come to a pharmacy with a specific request." She said offhandedly, with slight sarcasm but no bitterness. That was her asking if he needed anything. Working in a pharmacy was great, people were in and out. No small talk usually.

She glanced up to his dark eyes with the expectations of an answer. If it was ehh then she could just direct him to the most expensive solution for wasting her time.
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Zigg's eyes flickered back to the shelves for just a moment before returning to the shop keeper.

"The candles, for sure." he said, with a slight frown. he would need something more though. candles were great for developing control, but he needed to practice controlling stronger fires.

"You wouldn't happen to have anything I could use as a flame accelerant, would you?" It was a bit of a strangely worded request, considering where he was, but obscure objects could have varying uses, anyway. For instance, Zigg didn't exactly plan to use the candles to make his house smell nice. In fact, he would very much prefer unscented candles. A store clerk, apparently misreading what the candle's purposes would be, had given him candles with scents like cinnamon, sugar cookies, lemon, chocolate....

Sometimes he wondered what kind of impression he'd given her to cause her to choose such outrageous scents.
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Candles..she could do that. She nodded slightly, eyes darting the the shelf that held the candles and back to Zigg.

"I would have lots of things you could use for that..." She trailed off- acetone, ethyl alcohol, turpentine, paint thinner..the list went on. She wasn't quite sure what he wanted it for, but she was required to post in something to the mayor for anything possibly be harmful that was sold.

Isobel was a chemist, but she was more educated chemical reactions than the healing side of things. Which was worrying but it meant she did have what he needed.

"It would help me pinpoint what you're looking for, if I knew what your intentions were with it" Not really no, they all basically did the same..but why on earth did the man want an accelerant? was the question on her mind
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Zigg's lip twitched slightly--a smile, maybe?

Yes, she'd reacted like he thought she would--an accelerant was certainly a very strange request.

"It's for training." Deciding that that wasn't a very satisfactory answer, he lifted his hand, which was in a fist. When he opened it, a small flame sat in the palm of his hand. After a moment, he closed his hand again, extinguishing the small fire.

"Don't worry--I wont burn anything down," he added, as more of an after-thought than anything. He'd been doing this for years--over a hundred to be exact. He was good at what he did. He simply needed to make sure that he didn't get rusty. He did, however, plan to practice on the beach, near the water. No reason to make anyone nervous, after all. In fact, skipping the whole "high suspicion" situation was the main, if not only reason that he'd showed the shopkeeper what his ability was. He had a reason to not do something unless it was actually needed under the situation.
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:12 am

She was surprised by the little fire in his hand, She had seen that ability in other phookas' but nowhere else. She would be able to tell if he was a phooka by blue or other fantastically coloured skin. Good thing to- Isobel didn't want to have to have someone's head on a pike.

"That's a curious talent you have there" she said while it was being extinguished, no fuel or anything either. Was it a magic fire? she wondered idly, then decided the answer was most likely.

She noted his power, which seemed to be flight and fire and moved on. There was nothing to gawk over really.

"I sincerely hope you don't- but regardless I'l have to post something to the Mayor about the request." Set fire to anything of of mine there could be a terrible accident, She added mentally. "Or I could make the paperwork get lost in the post."

She wasn't really meant to do that- give people a choice so that the Mayor didn't have to know, but she was a shady person and old habits died hard. Maybe she was like that since nobody really trusted a demon so she'd just accepted it and stopped trying to appeal to thier better natures.
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Now the quirk to his lip turned into a wry smile.
"I have no problem with the mayor knowing--it makes sense that he would want to know about anything possibly dangerous." No sense in the mayor learning later and giving himself a heart attack. Though, from the sounds of things, the man didn't pay too much attention to what happened on the island. At least, according to the man he'd met--what had been his name? Emphadon.

Zigg's eyes skirted about the store once more. nothing else particularly caught his interest, and he honestly would prefer to get out of the building as soon as he could. Unlike Yuuki, he'd never been prone to high levels of anxiety while in enclosed spaces, but they did make him somewhat uncomfortable. He supposed that it was most likely due to his wings: creatures of flight didn't do well in areas that they couldn't flee to the sky if need be. He himself was a lot less prone to "fleeing" persay, but it was a nice thing to have as an option.

The woman's reaction to his fire, however, got him thinking. Sure, everyone in this place was a bit different in some way or another, but they would still react when seeing something that they'd never seen before. Which led him to wonder what had caused her particular reaction...

He pushed the question out of his thoughts, determined not to let his mind run away on him.
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:29 am

Oh, if he wants that. I'd keep my cards close The voice echoed around her head for a bit. It sounded so smug, but paranoid.

Stop rearing your ugly head where it's not wanted. Isobel thought back sharply. These sharp little inputs had been happening for a while. They used to hurt but not anymore. It was a relief and a worry- Was this leach permanent? She could blame Daiman, but this was always going to happen anyway.

This host wasn't right and she shouldn't have been forced in. She snapped out of the daydream she'd been in for a few seconds.

"Sorry sir, what brought you to Silveredge?" Isobel asked conversationally, just to get to know people. She thought it might be because the wings plus people staring?

She started to take a few steps towards the back of the shop, gesturing for him to follow.

Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:32 am

Zigg followed Isobel, his eyes scanning the shelves every once in a while as they passed.

"More like "who". My brother." The five of them had actually been having an alright time of things for a while, now, ever since the institute had been shut down. Almost like a witness protection program. The problem had been that, though their birth certificates were refreshed every few years, they still couldn't stretch their ages very far. Zigg continued to looked just a tad over twenty, and for the most part the others looked a bit younger. It wasn't like they could go out and get a good job or anything, so they were still scrounging like they had at the beginning.

But when Daniel found out how desperate the mayor was for a principle in this place, and then later, teachers....

Well, Danny had jumped at the chance, and then dragged Zigg into it.
Zigg wasn't even so much complaining as he was worrying about how spread out everyone was now. It made him uncomfortable because he couldn't run out and protect his family if something happened.

His eyes flickered up to Isobel. He had almost no real experience in small talk
"And you?" he asked, in regards to her question.

(whoo! it lives ^^)
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:56 pm

"A family affair is it?" She grinned a bit and continued walking. She didn't know who he was but she could find out in conversation if the need struck her. If phooka weren't so territorial then she'd probably had brought someone.

"Oh I'm here for a sea view as clear as a crystal. Kidding kidding, to trade" She said, hinting to those strange jewels on the edge of the island.

She'd seen them while flying around at night, being glowy and all they were hard to miss. It was surreal and strange. They unnerved, surprised and distracted her so she flew away quickly, panicked and crashed into the sea. Not her finest of moments but she'd credit it to her being a bit tired.

The front desk was in sight, Isobel had created a little list in her head of things to collect in her head when she disappeared into the makeshift storeroom.
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Zigg stood by and watched as Isobel slipped into the storeroom, his thoughts remaining elsewhere. He wondered what it was here that she wanted to trade--most likely it was something that wasn't common in other places. He was planning to tour the island a bit, so maybe he would see for himself whatever it was; not that he cared all too much for valuables, he just wondered what it was that had caught her interest.

Zigg's eyes darted to the window, wanting to get out of the shop soon. Thankfully the storekeeper didn't seem to be the type who enjoyed small talk--he figured she most likely kept up a conversation because of her job--but he was still beginning to feel out of place amongst the shelves and items throughout the shop.

((gah, so late >.>Wink)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Need of Supplies   In Need of Supplies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Need of Supplies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: Marketplace :: Lancer's Pharmacy-
Jump to: