Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

The Landing

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Emphadon

Emphadon

Character Age : 15
District : Rioton

The Landing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Landing   The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:31 pm

The right thing? Funny how Cupido didn't necessarily strike him as one that was too concerned with "the right thing." There he went with the pretty words again. One didn't just spontaneously wake up one day with the notion to start a town on an abandoned island. Emphadon took a breath then released it. Maybe it was the heat of the sun -- he could already feel it beginning to burn at his shoulders -- but he was feeling especially unforgivable at the moment.

"Uh huh," Empha's head lolled to the side a bit and he spoke the two syllables as though he were entirely unconvinced. "And where did this town come from? Was it already here? I don't believe you could have built a town all on your own."

Emphadon regretted that Leah had kept her wings out. It rendered his next question moot. He used his thumb to spin the ring on his left hand around his finger as he thought of a different way to word it. "And what do you mean 'creatures'? Obviously this one's a little special but," He used his right hand to gesture towards Leah, lifting just as he finished a rotation of his ring. Then he repeated his earlier question, altering it slightly. "what are you expecting?"
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
Mayor Cupido
Admin
Mayor Cupido

District : Town Hall

PostSubject: Re: The Landing   The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:28 pm

The Mayor looked back slightly in his walk. Never mind his previous thoughts. Emphadon was still unsure as well. "I built it. I've work on it for a while. Believe it or not. " He was going to be difficult....
Cupido looked front again. He had to make sure they stayed though, they would really be a help. The creatures comment? "A creature is anything that is simular to us. Has a brain or is able to live. Is that cleared up now?"
His patience was running out with Emphadon.
They were nearing the district now.

Cupido started to pick up his pace. He had a map he had been making of the Island and he could give it to them. He just needed to get home though. The river could help them out. They could have his food. He didn't care, in a way. It was his! but in order to get home he'd have to give it up.
The weather was hotter than usual on the island.
Back to top Go down
https://silveredgeisland.forumotion.com
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Character Age : 33
District : Rosefall

PostSubject: Re: The Landing   The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:44 pm

No, she didn't like being pointed at. She was an example? She raised her eye brow at Emphadon showing she was clearly annoyed. As they walked on Leah wanted to jump into the river. It was really hot. She wondered if Emphadon would be okay in the heat?

As the Mayor and her acquaintance chatterer, Leah tied her hair up some more. It fell down her back in big long waves. It was thick and annoying. If she stay her she was defiantly living near water. It would have to be clean though....

"Are we almost there?"
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The Landing   The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Emphadon shook his head to himself. The heat was definitely what was getting to him now. He scratched his shoulder and it produced something of a dry sound, and he had a headache.

Hadn't he just told Cupido that he wasn't going that the one man had managed to build a whole town on his own? Did Cupido take him for a fool? He raised his eyebrows, faking an impressed expression. "Really? And I suppose you cut down all the trees and chopped the lumber? What did you use to hold it together? Twine?" Empha mimicked the Mayor's difficulty.

He aimed a light smile and a silent chuckle at Leah, though. He hadn't meant to offend her. He was simply trying to point out what the Mayor's words suggested. "'Creature' isn't necessarily the politically correct term." Not that Emphadon had ever been one to concern himself with political correctness, but he'd assumed that someone who was a self-proclaimed "mayor" would.

Emphadon was relieved however when they neared the waterfall. He could feel it's light spray on his skin as thousands of gallons of water dropped into the mouth of the river. The amount of moisture in the air now was comforting, almost as though it were protecting him from the heat of the sun.

Last edited by Emphadon on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mayor Cupido
Admin
Mayor Cupido

PostSubject: Re: The Landing   The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 pm

(since they are only passing by they dont need to move location, also once they get to violet shore district they can move to that location then)[tip to new rpers]

Emphadon's constant talking was annoying. Why couldn't the guy just accept the fact that he was the only other person on this Island? " If it makes you feel better, when I wake up more works been done than went I went to sleep. I don't know why though. That's it, okay?" Goodness was it really that strange a man could build a community by himself?

He was happy to be passing by the water fall. That meant they weren't to far now. He could shake these two off.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Character Age : 33
District : Rosefall

PostSubject: Re: The Landing   The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Leah got over the fact that Emphadon had pointed at her pretty quick. It wasn't that big of a deal. She was one of a kind. A fairy that can't fly! Seeing she had been ignored she rolled her eyes a bit in a whatever way. The spray from the waterfall was quite nice though.

She looked over at Emphadon. He looked a lot more comfortable now that the water was touching him. She wondered if he would stay here with her. It would be strange to live here with the creepy Mayor. He would obviously live near water. Maybe the Ocean since he was a merman after all.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The Landing   The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Ah, so the mayor really had no idea what was going on. Well, that wasn't much of a surprise. He was curious as to who was completing the construction though. Emphadon came to the decision that this mayor was entirely incompetent. He had no doubt that the place would crash and burn if he even managed to get anybody there.

As far as Emphadon was concerned, however, it didn't really matter. He was only looking for a means to get Leah where she needed to go. Now with news of there, perhaps, being other people somewhere on the island, Emphadon began to keep an eye out.

Empha shrugged. He doubted that actually was "it", but was calm enough again to step off a little. He could see the district now. He said nothing more but gave a sideways glance to Cupido as they approached.
Back to top Go down
Mayor Cupido
Admin
Mayor Cupido

PostSubject: Re: The Landing   The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Landing   The Landing - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Landing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outer Island :: Desidia Shore-
Jump to: