Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

The start of a new life.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

The start of a new life. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:45 am

He nodded in answer to Leah weakly. he slowly cut his steak into small pieces and began to eat. He didn't like it here, he wanted to go home, he wanted to be with Edwin. He sighed sadly.
"Indeed" he glanced over to Emphadon. "And i am a visitor too, i don't know who you are and that makes me wary and my job here is to work for and protect miss Leah... so you may understand why i am so reluctant to invite an unknown man into her house."
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Character Age : 33
District : Rosefall

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Leah definitely felt very awkward with the two of them so tense. It seemed they were, apologizing though? She turned and put her plat on the counter so she could cut up her steak. Plopping a bit in her mouth a little moan of enjoyment sounded in her throat. It was so good! She turned back to the front chewing the meat slowly, very much enjoying it. Looking between the two she twisted her back a bit and swallowed, "My back feels so much better. Pavak was very kind to help me out."

Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

Character Age : 15
District : Rioton

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Emphadon had to resist the urge to scoff at Darwin's response. "Unknown to you maybe. Leah and I are rather good friends." Anyway, Empha was fairly certain that it had been Leah to invite him into her home, not Darwin. For a so-called "visitor", Darwin seemed to be claiming quite a bit of responsibility. More pretty words.

Empha kept from voicing these thoughts allowed, deciding he'd make concentrated effort to get alone with Leah's butler. "But maybe all that's missing for us is a proper introduction, hm? I'm Emphadon, Rioton District Leader and adviser to the mayor." He figured the man had already heard his name in passing. Empha had gathered as much about him. Darwin. Still, he supposed it was a fine enough way to show the servant that he indeed meant no harm, unnecessary as it was.
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:52 am

"I have gathered" Darwin spoke with an amused smile. Trying to make him jealous now was he? It was a pathetic tactic that made Darwin almost laugh when he thought about it.
Darwin tried hard not to give Empha a handshake, arrogant Darwin was but the man had manors. He held out a hand and hated himself for it. "Darwin Black, Leah's butler, i live here, so as a friend of Leah you will be seeing me a lot" His eyes followed Empha's every movement like a tiger watching it's prey.

"Leah" He turned on his heals "i have wasted too much time, with you're permission i would like to continue my chores for the day" his voice was not as soft as it had been when he spoke to her, it was now cold. His tail flicked showing his frustration.The former assassins temper was very short, he needed to leave before he really did lash out at Empha.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:52 pm

(im sorry its short, i just...nope, leah just can't reply to this haha)

Leah glanced at them as they shook hands. There was a feeling she get from Darwin, not a good one. Leah ate another tomato. "After your done eating you can work. My office has gotten a bit over run. Its the room left to the front door. So eat up. I'll be right back." Waving at the two of them she walked across the hall to the small room next to the office.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Much as he tried, Empha couldn't seem to shake the impression he was getting of Darwin. No, he didn't like him. Well, it looked like that's how it would stay anyway. Empha's mind was made up. He raised an eyebrow at the man having 'gathered'. "Good.."

Emphadon reached for the man's hand, giving it a firm shake. He wasn't entirely comfortable with the way Darwin was looking at him, and his eyebrows creased. "Not so tense Darwin; I don't bite." Nor was he one to be bitten.

Much as he wanted to, Emphadon didn't argue when Leah insisted that Darwin stay. Now with a pretty good idea of what kind of person Darwin was, he especially didn't want to talk to Leah with the servant around. He tried to keep a visible look of frustration with some amount of success. Did Leah really think it a good idea to leave the two alone in her kitchen? Emphadon pretended to focus on his food, still only eating the salad and avoiding the steak.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Darwin's grip tightened only for a moment "But i do" he whispered. Oh how his mood changed, for some reason he was utterly amused by Empha's comment. "I am always tense sir... life wouldn't be as nearly exciting..."
He chuckled, there was no malice or unkindness, he just found the whole situation amusing all of a sudden.
"What is you're role here Mr Empha? district leader you say? interesting" he rubbed his chin "i am sorry for the way that i behaved, it was not called for..." his eyes twinkled with playfully. Empha was Darwin's new mouse and as he was going to see him more often he was going to have a little fun with him. Darwin poured Empha a drink and sat at the table.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Darwin's sudden change in mood wasn't taken well. Emphadon found it rather suspicious actually. "You have a strange sense of 'excitement'." Empha's face unamused as he wondered just what Darwin was laughing at now. "Something funny?"

It almost hurt physically to hear Darwin call him 'Empha'. When did he ever give this man permission to use that name? When had he even mentioned it? "I'm also the mayor's adviser. Leah and I are largely responsible for keeping this place running." He gave a Darwin an impatient look. "And that's Emphadon." The nickname left Darwin's apology void in Empha's ears.

Emphadon hovered a hand above the cup, the liquid inside beginning to undulate as if an invisible drop of water had fallen into it. Some cheap kind of juice. Mostly water. He lifted water out of it, leaving a moist, powdery substance at the bottom of the cup. He helped himself to another cup and funneled the water into the second one, preferring water over juice.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:54 am

"Just you" Darwin chuckled in an almost friendly way. "Emphadon, right, i see" he began to laugh again "well then Sir Emphadon, how are you enjoying you're time working for the mayor? i've heard the man is a little" he pouted choosing his words wisely "allusive shall we say?"
Darwin watched as Empadon drained the water from the juice "i take it you are not fond of juice then... or as you worried i poisoned it?" he grinned "as the mayor's advisor i'm pretty sure you have seen my file... and you would know i can't do that unless i touch you... no handshaking with the gloves of" perhaps there was another reason for Empadon's actions, Darwin liked to act as if he didn't know what was going on around him, when people say you as an idiot they wouldn't hide conversations from you, he found out a lot more information that way.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:37 pm

"You must have heard wrong." Of course, Empha wasn't defending Cupido by saying this. He just felt that Cupido was far more than "a little". However, he didn't elaborate further. He took a sip from his glass of water. By now, Empha had finished off the salad portion of his meal. The meat had been left untouched and would probably remain that way.

Emphadon was unable to stop a brief look of surprise from crossing his eyes. He was quick to blink it away, however his eyes still strayed to Darwin's gloved hands. He was poisonous?

No, he hadn't seen Darwin's papers. Empha didn't like to look at the citizen records unless he needed help finding a specific person, feeling as though the action were an invasion of privacy. As of now, the only ones he'd seen had been Daniel's, Xevi's and Pavak's. "No, I just prefer water. I should hope I wouldn't have to worry about you poisoning anybody." Emphadon's voice had a bit of a threat in it, with a slight emphasis on the word 'poisoning', more so warning the man not do this rather than simply hoping against it.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:20 am

"we'll see" Darwin chuckled "then again you would never be able to prove i did it...i've never been caught and i'm not likely to happen in the future" he smiled the sarcastic smile he always made when he was amused. "I was trained as an assassin since i was a 5 year old boy... and i know how to be discreet" He got to his feet. "But enough about me, darkening the mood as always, i should continue my work before my lady decides i'm being lazy, i wouldn't want to upset her ..but i feel i already have.." he sighed actually looking genuinely sad "i am a guest in this place... but i feel i won't ever belong.." his sorrowful eyes glanced out of the window.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Darwin was underestimating him. The thought frustrated Emphadon. He would know if Darwin had indeed poisoned somebody. He would find out about it, and he would know that Darwin would have been responsible. But that didn't matter anyway, because he wouldn't let it happen to begin with.

Somehow, Empha wasn't surprised by the fact that Darwin had been an assassing. The idea was unsettling, of course, but it honestly didn't surprise him. Darwin had been trained as an assassin since he was 5? Ok. Empha had been making use of his own abilities before he'd even been born. About 30 years to be exact. Age didn't testify to a lack of experience in that regard.

Emphadon ignored Darwin's attempt at changing the subject. One does not simply admit to being a trained assassin and then so easily claim to have other priorities at the moment. "Well, in that case, I may have to take steps to prevent it from happening in the first-place." His voice had a certain amount of conviction behind it, as though he intended to act upon his words and take the proactive route as soon as possible. "I won't have you running around this place and putting others in danger, especially not in this house. Don't push your luck with me, Darwin."

Ultimately, Empha wanted Darwin to understand how simple it would be to have him removed from the area. He didn't like Darwin, - what was there to like? - and if he had to he very well would go through with it.

Last edited by Emphadon on Thu May 10, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Leah sat on the bathroom floor with an ear against the crack between the wall and it's edge. Wait, Darwin told Empha he was an assassin? She shook her head. Boys needed to think before they spoke, seriously! Sighing she leaned back against the tiled floor, it was cool and smooth. At least one thing was for sure. Men were a mystery. Standing up Leah went and washed her hands realizing the floor had been dusty. Hopefully Darwin would help clean up.

Nodding at the lights she meant for them to shut off, and not shortly after a shock went through her. Woops. Sighing she walked out of the room trying to flatten her hair, little sparks still running through it. One caught a flame slightly but she patted it out. "Sorry I took so long, ran into a water issue." She giggled a bit and reached for a chair to lean on. At least it wasn't a big shock. But all of her hair was frizzy now and she was annoyed.

Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:59 am

Darwin looked with his mouth slightly wide. He actually thought he was telling the truth? "it was a joke.... You know? One of those things you dont take seriously. You tell me I dont look any stronger than a girl with my hippy hair... I'm a butler sir... I've always been a butler! And I certainly would not kill anyone" in his head he said, anymore. ." I'm here keveryone else to just start a new life. And if you had not been so rude. On our first meeting we wouldnt be having this pathetic conversation" he sounded frustrated. "I will protect my lady with my life, unless they harm her I have no interest in what they are doing. I want to live happily, get married and have children, that is why I am here" he looked serious but there was no in his voice . " now if you will excuse me I'm done pkaying with you" who was this guy anyway, with his none existamt sense of humor... Its guys like him that is going to ruin this whole thing. Perhaps working for Leah had been the wrong choice...
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Empha was surprised by the fact that he hadn't actually expected Darwin to take that route. Not that he believed what the man was saying. One didn't joke about things like that, and Emphadon still had the strong feeling that Darwin had in fact been telling the truth. He'd have to take a look at the man's citizen papers when he got the chance, not that he was gullible enough to believe there was anything about him being an assassin on them.

"If that's what you consider to be a joke, then you have a twisted sense of humor, Darwin. But I guess you've learned something then, haven't you?" Empha could have made some attempt at a joke at Leah's mention of water problems, however his conversation with Darwin had left him humorless. As such, a glance in her direction was the only sign of acknowledgement he made towards her.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:34 am

Darwin nodded slowly "that i do..but at least i have a sense of humour..."
He turned on his heals to look at Leah "My goodness! are you all right my lady?" he looked into her eyes as his ears lowered, he had a kitten look when he was upset, it was a soft, gentle stare with wide eyes.
he gently, very gently, brushed both hands on her head, attempting to flatten her hair. "would you like me to take you to a doctor?" his tail curled around his leg looking concerned. He took her hand in his and studied her fingers carefully. "you didn't get hurt did you?"
If you saw Darwin like this, you would never even imagine the man could harm anyone. The real Darwin was tender and affectionate, years of cruelty and anger had changed him into the stone faced man he was today, it was nice to see the old Darwin was still alive after all this time.
After a full study of her fingers he saw no damage externally but still the concern stayed.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:37 am

She raised an eyebrow at Empha as if to ask if they behaved. When the concerned Darwin came over Leah was surprised. She watch as he examined her and laughed a little. "I'm Fine Darwin, thank you. Shock is something a electro-maniac like myself can handle." Leah took back her hand and leaned on the table. It still effected her, ; luckily it was a small one. If she had a bath it would have been bad.

Looking back at her food on the counter she started to make her way back to it still hungry. Picking it up she went back to the table and started eat. "I feel more comfortable eating when I don't have to hold my plate" She smiled up at them. She started cutting the steak wanting it more then the salad. Meat was good.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Empha wasn't at all fazed by Darwin's sudden concern for Leah. At this point, the servant could pull any act with any amount of success and Empha would still see him as an arrogant psychopath. He had no problem standing by his initial impression now, and he wasn't altogether comfortable with the idea of this man living in Leah's home.

Empha honestly didn't want to be here anymore. He'd wanted to talk to Leah, but there was no way he'd have this conversation with her while Darwin was lurking around the house. At the same time, however, he didn't want to leave Darwin alone with Leah.

He gave Leah a look of frustration in answer to her silent question, but he didn't say anything verbally. Instead he just took anther sip of his water.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:22 am

Darwin looked from Leah to Emphadon, some silent conversation, it made him uncomfortable. He sighed deeply, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes "..well if you will excuse me, i still have things to unpack in my bedroom..." Which was a total lie, Darwin didn't own much to unpack, in fact it took him 5 minutes to put all his belongings away.
He placed his glasses back on and bowed to Leah, his eyes shot over to Emphadon "Good day sir Emphadon"
He turned on his heals and marched down to his bedroom shutting the door behind him.
His bedroom was becoming the most favourite part of the house because everything was just so. The only sound was an old watch ticking, soothing, his ears twitched at every second the watched ticked.

Hidden under his bed was a small jewellery box, it was actually intended for a lady, silk interior with a small mirror on the inside of the lid. The content was random, full of things he had found as a boy. The things in this box were the most important things to Darwin, a piece of knotted string, cuff links, a letter opener, an eye off a teddy bear and a photograph. as useless as they were ,these were his things, the only property he had other than the clothes he was wearing. He lifted the photograph out of the box and stared at it. An old man stood by a young Darwin's side, they both were smiling. Darwin smiled back at them, rubbing a finger over the old man's face. He brushed a tear from his cheek . He missed him, so badly, he wanted to pull his heart out to stop the pain.
The only person in his life that had ever showed him affection and he was dead. A cruel man, he had always been hard on Darwin as a boy, but he loved him in his own special way and Darwin knew it, like a son.
Darwin was lost, he had no direction, no meaning, what should he do?
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:41 am

Leah frowned as Darwin went off into his room. Looking over to Emphadon she stood leaving her plate. She wasn't hungry anymore. She went up to him and changed her tone and look to something more curious. "What did you come to talk about Empha? Actually, wait in the office would you?" She points where the general area was and walked up to Darwin's door and knocked lightly. She waited out side, not wanting to break in on anything personal.

"May I come in?" This hadn't been a good way to welcome him into her home. It was a shame that bringing Empha into the mix had made Darwin upset, when he already felt like an intruder. She had to fix something though. Hopefully Empha could find a space in the office to wait in. She was sure what he had to say was important.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Darwin rubbed his eyes quickly and jumped to his feet. He pulled the door open quickly, as he always did and stare down to Leah with his usual serious face, his eyes were still red and he was not wearing his glasses. "...can i help you?" his voice was cold, trying to hide his upset only moments before. His vision was blurred but could make out he was addressing Leah "...my lady" he added quickly hoping not to offend
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Empha watched Darwin leave the room for a moment before turning his attention back to Leah. His eyes flicked back in the direction Darwin had gone at her question though and he shook his head.

"Nevermind, I guess it wasn't that important." And by 'not important' he meant 'not something he wanted to discuss with Darwin right around the corner'. The topic was very important to him anyway, and it almost hurt physically to have to belittle it as such. "Go ahead and deal with him. I didn't mean to alienate your butler." Nor did he mean to be alienated by the butler. "I'll find you later."

Without another word, Empha turned and made his way back to the front door of the house, making no real action of farewell to Leah.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Frowning a bit she nodded at Empha "Thank you for the visit." Turning to Darwin she took in how he looked. His red eyes upset her and she realized he wasn't wearing his glasses. "Mind if I come in?" She went to put a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. this wasn't good. Why had he been crying? She let herself in without hearing an answer and noticed somethings laying about.

Leaning on the inner door frame she looked back at Darwin. "Whats wrong?" her voice was soft and she sounded concerned. Standing up a little straighter she opened her arms inviting him in for a hug.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

"Nothing is wrong" he quickly reached for his glasses "it's just hay fever" he spoke quickly and with out hesitation. "do you want me to do anything for you? forgive me, i thought you wished to be alone with your friend"
He got to his feet, the photo graph slipped from under the pillow and drop to the floor.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Dropping her arms Leah looked at the floor. "If you have allergies I can keep the windows closed. I planted a lot of roses outside the house." She went to pick up the picture that had fallen. She could see little Darwin with an older man. She let her frown leave into a netral position. Was this his last master?

"He left. He didn't mean to make you upset." Looking up at him she looked him over again. "I'm sorry this first day didn't go so well. Hopefully I can make your stay better." sighing she was unsure what to say. this hadn't gone as planned. Her stomach made a noise and she stretched her back by twisting. It was feeling a bit uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The start of a new life.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next