Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

The start of a new life.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

The start of a new life. Empty
PostSubject: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:59 am

Darwin stood at the door way of his bedroom and smiled. The bed was neatly made, the books were in alphabetical order, even his clothes were arranged in the wardrobe on a scale of how much he liked them.

He liked order and cleanness, it was something he had always prided himself on. He brushed a finger over his top lip and tried to find fault with his organization. He frowned as he found nothing to criticize, Edwin would have found something wrong and made him do the whole lot again. He felt a little empty, not sure what to do now, there was no instruction and his mind was telling him there should be, So he just stood looking about the room, not really sure of his purpose.
Getting back into this kind of life style was going to be very difficult...
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Character Age : 33
District : Rosefall

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:10 am

She had been busy out of the house all morning but decided to come home after some pain pains. She really shouldn't have been flying again. Either way she had to get from Earthstone to Woodenway and she wasn't going to take all day. Luckily back at home she had some aspirin the doctor Pavak had given her. It was a shame he didn't live in Rosefall

Walking into her home she smiled seeing the door to Darwin's room was open and he was standing in the space. "Finally made yourself at home?" She moved in wards more placing a bag on the table and heading towards the kitchen, "Are you hungry? " For herself she got an apple and a glass of water for her pills.

Peaking into his room from where she stood Leah was amazed at the tidiness of it all. The Guy knew how to be organized. That would be useful. Hopefully he hadn't seen the mess in the Office room. She was able to keep everything in the house nice excpt for that room. It's where folders, blueprints, and copies of citizen form were laying about everywhere.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:22 am

Darwin turned quickly "Ah.. Lady Leah" he bowed "welcome home, i do hope you have had a good morning" he followed her into the kitchen and noticed the pills "perhaps you would like to have a sit down while i make something more substantial?" he washed his hands in the sink and began to dry them slowly.
"And as to your question, no , things are strange, i feel i am an invasion of you're home but i'm sure in time this feeling will pass. until i find my place here i will feel a little lost, i am the kind of man that needs to keep busy you see, so please do not hesitate to boss me around a little" he laughed gently.
It felt good to talk, this was the longest conversation he had been in for quite some time
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Oh goodness he was formal. Leah couldn't help but blush at his eagerness to help. Lady Leah. She kind of liked the sound of it. Siting down she smiled grateful for his assistance already. "Why thank you Darwin. I am sure you'll settle in soon. I was a bit more use to living in new places than you may be, but I am sure you'll be fine." Taking her pills she had some trouble. She never really took pills before but she was starting to get the hang of it.

"I'm not going to boss you around, but I do really appreciate the help. Feel free to relax here while there isn't stuff to do. I want you to have a good time!" Leah smiled to reassure him. Leaning back in her chair she amazingly could feel the medicine start to take affect. While she sat there she pulled her hair up into a bun to stop it getting in the way.

Leah reached over to her bag and pulled out some papers and shuffled through them. It was hard not to be awkward while doing this, but she would surely get use to having Darwin just around. The new forms she had were of the latest Citizens and some balances for the districts money. Oh good, she had 600 cubits already.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Darwin simply shrugged and began to clean the work tops even though they didn't actually need cleaning.

"How long have you lived here?" he seemed surprised at his own voice, he'd never been one for asking questions but something was forcing him to be extra polite. Perhaps it was, as he said, an invasion of her privacy him being there or maybe because she was female with an odd man in her house and he was pretty odd indeed. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable in her own home... wait, what?! since when did he care about that? he bit his bottom lip and tapped a finger on the counter top trying to get back into the cold faced man he usually was. "and you said you work for the mayor?" he rolled his eyes at himself and wanted his mouth to stay closed and stop asking questions.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Peaking up, she couldn't help but see Darwin trying to clean. "If your so egar to clean I have a challenge for you." Looking back down at her papers she started trying to put the in some sort of order. How long had it been since she came here? "Probably around two months I think. And yes I must have... He needed help so I said why not. It's a lot of work though."Putting the papers into a folder she looked up again at him. His ears were quiet interesting. Good for hearing no doubt.

Feeling a bit hungry and seeing Darwin didn't make anything yet she took advantage and went to the fridge, letting the door open before she reached it..so lazy. "If you don't mind, I'd like to make dinner. You should take a seat. Even though you live here now, let me at least treat you like a guest for now." Looking in her food supply she noticed there was some beef that could be used and plenty of vegetables. Was Darwin a Vegetarian?

If the two of them were living together now, she'd have to buy more food. It was so expensive right now with out any farmers.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Darwin obeyed and sat. he clasped his fingers together and rested them on the table. She seemed nice enough and he would eventually enjoy being here. He had to be loyal to the woman, it was his job, his reason for being.

He couldn't sit and let her do all the work, it just didn't feel right "I wouldn't mind helping you" he jumped to his feet and looked around the kitchen, it would help to know where everything belongs "Knives and forks..." he muttered as he began to randomly open cupboards. He sighed and turned to look at Leah, arms behind his back with a pleading in his eyes. He craved an order, to be told what he could and could not do, rules rules rules! his whole life had been controlled by them and now, with this freedom, he felt lost
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:46 pm

Hearing him get up again she sighed, "Um, is there a certain food selection you eat? I don't want to cook something and you not be able to eat it." The Fridge door closed and Leah walked towards the counter with the meat and the vegetables. She could have a salad too. She nodded as he went through some of the drawers, "Go ahead, have a look around. I don't mind." Leah had a feeling Darwin wasn't use to such...casualness. She had to wonder how his life had been previously. Was he made to work hard?

She turned on the hot water and found her soap and started washing her hands. No way she'd prepare food with dirty hands. Looking at Darwin she smiled, "Okay, if you really must you can help." Drying her hands she went back to the food and started chopping up the lettuce. Remebering Darwin's application form she let out a hm of thought.

"So how does that Poisoning skill of yours work?"

Last edited by Leah Flu on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:04 pm

" I will eat anything" Darwin spoke as emotionless as usual. When he said anything he really did mean absolutely everything.

he peeped his head into a cupboard and found a few plates, cups and cutlery and began to set the table. He actually began to smile a little but his smile didn't last. He kept his back to her and began to choose his words.

"I control it.." he began slowly "I choose when i want it to work... jst a touch it all it takes.." He clenched his gloved hands "do not be afraid of this Lady Leah, i would not harm you" he turned to face her.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Good, she could cook the beef then. She could really use a steak. Her little mini grill turned on and started heating up. She kept on cutting the vegetables as Darwin set the table. It was good her could control it. It showed he was experienced and matured. Leah herself had found her powers were quickly tamed as well. Being 21 and having the amount of magic power she had for electronic waves and such, many had called her a prodigy. She had finally been able to agree with them towards her later teens, but she always had a thought that it was somehow trying to make up for messing up her flying magic.

Looking at Darwin she stopped cutting the carrots, "That is nice to know, thank you Darwin. I hope my skills don't threaten you. I try my best to use them to enhance my life, instead of, less appealing things." The concept hand gone in her thoughts many times. She could harm people with her talents. Being able to pick up their electronic connections. She hoped her skills wouldn't continue to grow in that way, she wouldn't want to manipulate another person. She sighed seeming a bit at war with herself. Her mind landed on the safety that she was to good to do such dark things, many times over.

She got a large knife out of the nearest drawer to cut the meat into large slabs, which would soon be their steaks. Placing it down after cutting only half the way into one slice she looked back at Darwin, "Would you mind arranging the salads? It would be very useful." Her mood had considerably dropped from its excited high it was in earlier.

Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Darwin smiled "If you did use them against me i am very sure that i will have deserved it, My Lady" He had been beaten several times for misbehaving as a boy, pain didn't seem to bother him all that much.

He walked over to her, rested a hand on hers as she stopped cutting
"if there are any that have been cruel to you, i will make sure they suffer" and pushed her hand to continued the cut
"i am here to serve you and i will remain loyal no matter what request you give me." He took his hand away from her and wandered off to make salad as if he had said nothing.
He was skilled with a blade, always had been. He sliced an onion, chopping it into perfect rings. "I must say, i do like you're house" A change of subject but at least he made himself clear, he was willing to do anything for his new master. "it seems like a nice area to live it also, everyone is kind to you here?" he wanted to get a feel of what this place was really like, who he should be kind too, who was a threat to his mistress and who should be watched closely. "And what is it you do? i pursue you're employer treats you well? how about a partner?" he paused for a moment " forgive my questioning, i am curious to know more about you, as we are living together now i find it is important, do you agree?"
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:58 pm

She shook her head, she wouldn't hurt him. Leah didn't want to hurt him. She wouldn't. As he got closer she happened to get a bit confused. Suffer... That's what had use to do then. His last master must have sued him to do awful things.. Leah's mind raced as Darwin pledged his loyalty to her, a woman he barely knew. The hand pressed down on hers she let it move the knife down through the meat. Leah was glad about Darwin's ability in the sense that he was just as dangerous as she.

At the compliment on her home she couldn't help but smile. "Thank you. I enjoyed working on it." As he asked his many questions she laughed a little, looking over to him. "It's fine! I don't mind, it's good to know each other. I am the district leader here, which I am sure you are aware. I also am the Secretary for the Mayor. He treats me fine... He is just a bit of a sketchy character. I know barely anything about him, and he is always rushing off." She placed the meat on her grill and went to the fridge to find some butter. Butter on steak was amazing.

Sh continued, "As for a partner, it's just me at the moment. I'm to busy to worry about relationships. I do have to say I have some good friends. They take care of me and I help them with all their Electrical needs. My one friend Emphadon, he helped me off the beach when I crash landed on the Island. I'm a horrible flyer you see. My back gets horrific pain if I'm flying to long, which is strange for a fairy. That's why I took that medicine when I came in." She laughed at herself. She was a pathetic fairy.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

Character Age : 15
District : Rioton

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Emphadon's last meeting with Leah had ended rather abruptly and in the middle of a fairly important topic. Well, important to him at least. He'd only just begun explaining the issue of his age to Leah. That man Zigg had come into the town hall just when he told Leah that he was legally only 3 years old. He hadn't had a chance to fully explain it. He really hoped she hadn't been weirded out by the concept.

Empha had walked up to Rosefall. Though swimming up the river likely would have been faster, it would have been rude to visit Leah's house while he was wet. The fact that was a mer changed nothing. He was living on land now, he'd follow land etiquette, regardless of how the ocean felt about it.

Upon reaching Leah's house, Empha noticed that it was the last one before the lake began. This brought a smile to his face. It probably left for a nice view out back. Emphadon gave a few knocks to the door, unaware of the man that Leah shared the house with.
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 pm

They Mayor. Darwin nodded slowly as Leah spoke. The man didn't seem much of a threat which made him smile faintly. "perhaps it is better that way, you become too close to people who you should keep at arms length" Darwin was a prime example of why you should never mix your personal and social life together.

His eyes narrowed when she mentioned friends. Darwin had never had a friend not a single one. "and how are you feeling now?" he wanted to change the subject "is you're back hurting still? i can give you a massag-" his ears twitched and he quickly looked to the door when he heard the knock.
He marched over to the door and roughly opened it. "Can i help you?" He glared down to the young man stood on the door step

Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Leah smiled, "I actually feel much better. The doctor was very useful." Poking the meat with a cooking utensil she found herself enjoying the sizzle it made. It was like a loose electrical outlet. She got What Darwin was trying to say next, it would have been nice to have one later, but the door bell rang. Who the hell comes to her house in the late afternoon? All her Citizens should be busy. Seeing Darwin Open the door she shook her head at his harsh greeting.

"Darwin please let them in, they aren't interrupting me." Moving over to the salad that Darwin had left she tried finishing it up. Darwin's cuts had been much nicer and they were definitely more even. Oh well. Bringing the veggies to the table she started sharing them out for two, but there was plenty, to much even. Maybe she could have it for lunch tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:50 am

Empha didn't particularly appreciate the man's expression. Who was he to answer Leah's door anyway? Four words. That was all he'd said, and Empha already didn't like the man. He crossed his arms, giving the man in the doorway a rather impatient look.

"I didn't come here looking for your help." His tone suggested that this statement should have been obvious. "I was under the impression this was Leah's house. Who might you be?" Emphadon heard Leah call from within the house. He stood with a raised brow, waiting for Darwin to let him pass into the building.

((Wow that happened way too fast X'D))
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:15 am

Darwin's eyes narrowed, how rude but Leah told him the man could enter.
"This is indeed Leah's house, and i would be Darwin, my ladies butler" He rested a hand on his chest and bowed. "it is a pleasure to meet you, sir"

He wandered back into the kitchen "My lady, a young man is here to see you, would you like me to continue cooking?"
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:29 pm

Hearing the men conversing at the door Leah listened carefully. It seemed quite tense. But that voice. She peered around the corner and smiled as Darwin let him in. Going back into the kitchen she tried to look busy. "All thats left is the Meat. You you mind setting another place out for Emphadon please." She turned to greet him, waving just a little.

"What a suprise! What are you doing here! "
Leah went up to him and made for a hug. Hopefully Darwin wouldn't mind having Empha over.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Emphadon entered the house without saying another word to Darwin, though the emphasis on the word "sir" did warrant a sideways glance as he walked past. He smiled as Leah approached him and returned her hug. At least she didn't seem weirded out. "I thought I'd visit. I didn't you had a butler." He gave a slight laugh.

Empha tried to get a whiff of what was being cooked, but couldn't identify it by the smell. He really only ever ate fish and wasn't used to eating the meat of land animals.
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Darwin smiled to Leah "Of course!" he hurried to get more knives and forks and set a place for Empha. His eyes narrowed when Empha hugged Leah. His tail began to twitch as he stood behind leah waiting for more orders.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Leah couldn't help but smile even more when Empha hugged back. Looking at Darwin she stepped back from Emphadon and thought for a second. "Could you check the meat, and then if its ready we can all sit down and eat." She looked back at Emphadon and sighed, "Yeah! He moved in today. Darwin is every helpful. I was going to treat him but I guess he ended up working the most..." she hummed and looked at the table as she walked towards it, sitting down in her usual spot. The chair closest to the back door.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Empha didn't miss the look Darwin was giving him and his eyebrows creased at it. What was his problem?

Emphadon looked back to Leah. "Actually there was something I wanted to talk to you about," his eyes momentarily went back to Darwin as he considered, but then he smiled. "But I guess it can wait. What's cooking?"
Back to top Go down
DarwinBlack

DarwinBlack

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Darwin prodded the steak and glared to it. who was this guy? who ever he was he didn't like him, he made Darwin nervous. He wasn't going to get kicked out of his nice new home because of him. he clenched his fists as his tail flicked frantically .
Calm... he took a deep breath, put the steaks on plates and turned to face Leah with a smile "All ready, my lady" he plated each late down and went to stand by the sink, which was his new favourite place. He didn't like how they were talking about him as if he were not in the room, it irritated him, he felt the fur on his tail standing on end in annoyance.
He would eat his food here, away from the new man, he knew he'd say something rude and it would upset his new mistress..
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Leah had a feeling Emphadon was waiting for them to be alone before talking again. She mentally smiled at thoughts came to her head. No, she was being silly, that was for little girls. "Steak with salad." As Darwin moved over by the sink she grabbed herplate without thought and joined him. She assumed that he wouldn't come to her, or he would make an excuse, so she decided to go to him.

"You are my guest today. Usually guests eat at the table but here is fine." She wore a passive but slightly interested look. Using her fork she got some tomatoe on her fork and put in her mouth. Looking over at Emphadon she raised her eyebrows and swallowed. "Hope we get some farmers soon. Fresh food would be nice. Don't you think?" Now she was looking at Darwin as she asked. She was determinded to include both of them.

Putting her plate down quickly she turn, "Oh ill have to show you the office in a bit! Maybe after dinner. I'm sure you'd both be ... interested."
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Emphadon could see that Leah seemed to be trying to include the other man. Fine, fine, but he did intend to speak to Leah in private. He took the last plate left on the table and ate over the counter on the other side of the sink, not wanting to be the only one sitting at the table.

At the question of farmers, he shrugged. "We have the fisherman, and the hunters." Though he was pretty sure it was hunter. Singular. "I don't usually eat much meat though. Not.. land meat anyway."

Empha could feel the awkwardness in Leah's random choice of topics and the way she had to stretch them to include both him and Darwin. "Darwin, I truly don't mean to push you away." He gave Darwin a slight smile, feeling responsible for perhaps making him clam up. "I'm just a visitor," He added as he popped some salad into his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The start of a new life.   The start of a new life. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The start of a new life.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next