Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Swimming Instructor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emphadon

Emphadon

Character Age : 15
District : Rioton

Swimming Instructor Empty
PostSubject: Swimming Instructor   Swimming Instructor I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 6:05 pm

((This RP is happening on May 31st. Empha's birthday :3 We may also add more. Depends lol))

LeahFlu: *walking down the beach after looking through some citizen forms*
Emphadon: *looking out to the ocean with a waterproof backpack slung over his shoulder*
LeahFlu: *spots Empha and smiles running down the beach with an object in hand*
Emphadon: *notices Leah and looks over to her, smiling* Hey!
LeahFlu: Empha! *trips about 4 feet away*
Emphadon: *cant help but chuckle a bit at Leah's clumsiness. he walks over to her and offers a hand* You alright?
LeahFlu: *takes hand and frowns* Gosh am I that funny? I'll be fine though haha. By the way. Happy birthday! *hold out cage with a Hermit crab inside*
Emphadon: *a bit surprised that Leah knows its his birthday, but he laughs* Peeking at my form, are you? *the caged crustacean disturbs him a bit but he tries not to show it* Why would you cage it though? *he keeps a smile on his face*
LeahFlu: *blushing* uh maybe...ha.*looks at crab* Well, on land you want to keep track of it. But, you don't have to leave him in it. I just thought you'd like someone to keep you company and has to do with the sea! *she tried to smile, unsure if it was the right gift now*
Emphadon: *accepts the cage and opens it to allow the crab to walk out onto his hand. He keeps his fingers away from the crustaceans pincers. His smile now is a bit solemn* I'm not sure it would work out. Mers don't really keep pets. *he was about to add 'especially not me', but left it out*
LeahFlu: oh...*Leah felt a strange feeling in her gut. looking down to the sand she tried not to look at him.* Sorry about that then.
Emphadon: *Empha's smile is still genuine. The action reminds him somehow of his niece* Thank you, though. My birthday's usually no different than any other day. *he lowers the crab back down to the sand and lets it walk off. He wouldn't be able to keep it. The ocean wouldn't let him*
LeahFlu: *watches the crab walk away* I will find something else. On land we give something to someone that's of use, sometimes haha. *looking up with a nervous laugh*
Emphadon: *laughs a bit* No, we do that too. *he shrugs* I just don't usually stay in one place long enough for anyone to recognize when its my birthday.
LeahFlu: Oh, well. It is! What were you planning to do? *her shoes making doodles in the sand*
Emphadon: I was just going to go for a swim. *he shrugs again* Like I said, no different than any other day. Though I haven't been really far out in a while now.
LeahFlu: *getting ideas* oh were you going to go far today? *looks at water a bit scared* Maybe I could come with you?
Emphadon: *chuckles* If you want. I'd like the company. *though he, of course, wouldn't go as far or deep with Leah there*
LeahFlu: *smiling a little* Oh cool! *came with a swim suit on in case she went sunbathing anyway!* So uh when ever your ready!
Emphadon: I'm already good to go. *realizes that Leah still hasn't seen his fin, but he'd come in his swim trunks anyway*
LeahFlu: Alright *shifts awkwardly for a second before slipping off her shorts and top to uncover a one-piece bathing suit*
Emphadon: *doesn't seem at all fazed by the revelation of the bikini, used to it, as a mer. He starts to lower the bag from his shoulder but changes his mind, instead slipping his other arm through the second strap so it remained securely on his. The end of a long silver object came out between the two zippers on the the right side. He smiles towards and begins to walk towards the ocean*
LeahFlu: *standing awkwardly watching him curious as to what he was doing following him but walking past as she tried to test the water by putting a toe in* um there's something you should know...
Emphadon: *gives a questioning look, but doesn't ask directly, assuming the look will convey the message for her to continue*
LeahFlu: I...*looking out at the water* don't know how to swim, I guess I was just thinking about floating along or something... but seeing your a mer, I though you'd have some cool stuff under the water to show me, but it seems like I let myself down.
Emphadon: *his eyes widen a bit in surprise* You cant.. *he shakes his head, interrupting his sentence. he doesn't want to be rude or make her feel bad, but he truthfully doesn't know how to respond to it* Sorry. *he says it after a moments pause and with something of a chuckle* Swimming is our form of walking. *he feels as though he should expand on this statement, but doesn't know what else to add*
LeahFlu: *nodding she rested her head on her shoulder and tried not to look at him, picking out waves in the distance* Yeah. If I'm a bother I'll just head back and think of a better birthday gift while you swim. *looking back at her cloths and shoes not to far off, then running the wet sand betwee her toes*
Emphadon: *he takes a moment to think before smiling and moving out a bit further into the surf The waves come up just above his ankles now and he turns back to face Leah* Nonsense. I'd still love your company, Leah. If I have to, I'll teach you myself. *he holds a hand out towards her*
LeahFlu: *finally looking at Empha with a smile and a bit of excitement* wait, really? *her smile grew a little* That would be awesome!
Emphadon: Of course. *laughing a bit* Though, I'll warn you, I'm not used to swimming the way humans, or, well non-mers anyway, do.
LeahFlu: uh. I think it'll be swimming no matter what so...*she giggled walking forwards to be level with Empha in depth* So step one floating. Right? That I can do.
Emphadon: *he nods* As long as you don't flail around in the water, you'll float automatically.
LeahFlu: *thinking about equilibrium of the body and oxygenating* uh yeah! *goes into deeper water and happy it find its not freezing. Lays on her back and starts floating* so How is the land fairing for you? I'm so glad you stayed. I would have been so bored. You like my best friend. *glancing at him with a smile* I don't have many friends ha ha
Emphadon: *follows Leah out to deeper water and floats on his stomach, though he keeps his legs out for the moment* It took a while to get used to it actually. I had to earn my land legs. *he laughs* It is nice to be settled somewhere though. I just never would have thought it'd be on land.
LeahFlu: *moving with the current up and down* So, maybe don't tell me what to do but show me? I'd rather focus on the action then over think a statement. *staying calm and not thinking about electricity*
Emphadon: *Empha thought for a second on how best proceed.* float on your stomach first.
LeahFlu: *rolls over cautiously *...TADA!
Emphadon: *Empha brings his hands out in front of him before spreading them out to either side of him to gently move him himself forward. He feels a bit awkward, and is afraid to insult Leah by demonstrating something that to him seems so simple*
LeahFlu: *tries copying him but her legs dip under and she is soon upright and standing on the ocean floor* ugh *tries again and gets a few pulls*
Emphadon: *empha is a bit surprised when leah's legs begin to sink. she really doesn't know how to swim! But he smiles* Just move your arms right now. As long as you keep steady you'll stay afloat.
LeahFlu: *thinking she got the hang of it* maybe if i just learn this I'll be fine. I don't need to be an Olympic swimmer or anything... *takes a deep breath and tries swimming under now they had gotten further out*
Emphadon: *has to remind himself that Leah does not in fact have gills before submerging himself as well to be sure that shes okay*
LeahFlu: *hovering in the water looking around at the slightly blurred bottom and sees a fish. Releasing her breath in surprise she tries swimming to the surface but seemed to have a hard time*
Emphadon: *Empha initially begins to swim towards Leah to help her but he stops himself* Just relax your body again, Leah. You'll float back up. *his voice still sounds clear even under water. As he speaks, bubbles of air are released from the gills at his neck and ribs rather than from his mouth*
LeahFlu: *looking worriedly at Empha even more surprised as he spoke underwater, but following what he said and gasping for air at the top* ah! *tries to tread water with some trouble* its useless I wasn't meant to swim!
Emphadon: *resurfaces and moves closer to Leah* If any human can swim then so can you. You just need to stay calm.
LeahFlu: *slightly offended* Any human eh? I didn't know I was on such a level. * tries to swim forward al little*
Emphadon: Well, most humans can swim. Actually you're the first person I've met that doesn't know how. Granted, I haven't met many people and that question doesn't come up often, but if I had never seen a human swim I wouldn't be able to show you how to.
LeahFlu: *still a bit annoyed but tired of kicking* so your a mer right...do you have a tail? *trying to change the topic*
Emphadon: Yes... *golden scales begin to form along Empha's legs and within seconds they merge to form his fin. The thin membrane of his tailfin extends further than his feet, making his body a total of about 7 feet long in this form*
LeahFlu: *looking down as the golden tail forms and gasps* your beautiful... *she wades closer hoping to get a better look, totally and suddenly pushing away her earlier offended feelings*
Emphadon: *caught off guard by the statement and becomes a bit awkward, shrugging* It's just.... natural.
LeahFlu: *watching the scales with the sunlight and smiling* can I touch it?
Emphadon: *his eyebrows crease a bit, not wanting to deny Leah but unable to avoid the feeling of awkwardness her question called.* They're sharper on the bottom. they can cut. *It was more of a warning for Leah to be careful rather than a suggestion for her not go through with it*
LeahFlu: oh *mimicking his expression* okay. I wont touch them then. *thinking of sharks* I'm sure lots of things with find me tasty, Fairy's have sweet blood, not as much iron as humans. Iron weighs you down. *looking back to shore* I'm getting tired. Maybe I'll just watch you swimm or sunbathe.
Emphadon: *chuckles a bit* Oh, sharks find mers to be rather tasty too. *he nods*
LeahFlu: *starts trying to swim back thinking about Empha's tail, it was pretty. thoughts of them cuddling on the beach popped into her mind and she shook them out annoyed thinking instead of the sun on her tanable skin* ***
Emphadon: *watches as Leah swims. Once she makes, he turns and swims a bit further out. Once he's in deeper water, he dives*
LeahFlu: *walks back to cloths and lays next to them falling asleep in the sun*
Emphadon: *swims down to the ocean floor, examining the different shells there until he finds a nautilus shell that's mostly still intact. He picks it up and resurfaces about ten minutes after initially diving*
LeahFlu: *wakes up a little and rolls onto her back*
Emphadon: *swims back to shore, walking again once he reaches the beach. he sits beside Leah, placing the shell between them*
LeahFlu: hum? *lifting her head slightly and smiling seeing him next to here and sleepily reaching to put her finger tips near hers* hello again ha ha
Emphadon: *laughs a bit* You'll get burned if you fall asleep in the sun.
LeahFlu: *chuckling a little* yeah, i guess I will *turning over and sitting up, glad she was dry enough no sand was sticking to her* how was your swim?
Emphadon: *shrugs* Same old, same old.
LeahFlu: Hey empha *looking down at the pretty shell and smiling before looking up at his face*
Emphadon: *looks to Leah a questioning look on his face*
LeahFlu: uh, I know you haven't really been ..uh out in the open for long but I was wondering where you are mentally. Do you think the age that you look? I ask because... well remember the other day when you met Darwin and he mentioned family or something. uh *thinking how all of this connects and looking at him still even though she feels uncomfortable* I was wondering your thoughts on something like that.
Emphadon: *empha took a rather long pause before answering* I'm fully grown. I have the body and mind of any other grown man. I just wasn't able to explore the world until four years. Physically. *he adds the last word with emphasis*
LeahFlu: I see...so what are your grown man thoughts on relationships? *smiling a little amused about his man thoughts*
Emphadon: *chuckles a bit* Well, I've never been in one before so I guess I wouldn't know.
LeahFlu: haha... we have something in common then! *a little embarrassed seeing she's been around longer in the sense*
Emphadon: *he shrugs* It's not even something I've really thought about. I guess at this point I've been more concerned with just.. *it takes him a moment to find the right word* living?
LeahFlu: living *she repeats softer* yeah i guess *looks towards the Ocean* i don't feel very lively, just busy... I made sure I did more work last night so I could hangout with you today!
Emphadon: *laughs a bit* I appreciate that.
LeahFlu: really?! *smiling at him* i wish I picked a better gift ha ha.
Emphadon: The crab would have been nice. I just couldn't.. keep it.
LeahFlu: *shifting so she's closer to him she picked up the shell and ran her thumb across it's surface.* i like pretty things *it was a bit off topic but she felt like it should be said* Shame then about that, maybe something you can remember would be nice. I remember my first flying lesson. It was great. Back then it was something exciting.
Emphadon: *smiling* I thought you'd like it. *his smile goes away though as he considers her next question* You know that's the weird part. I remember things from before I... well, before four years ago.
LeahFlu: I do, it's not broken either. *she took a moment to think about the statement* Well if your memory is that great, surely you remember things now well to right? *She moved her hand so that in a loose fist her fingers would rest on the back of his hand*
Emphadon: *he chuckles* I don't think its so much good memory as much as actual experiences over time. *he shrugs* How far back can people normally remember? Up to what age?
LeahFlu: late childhood is vague its better the more recent it occurred. As your older you remember more as well. Certain experiences are remembered more easily then others, like a first date or almost being hit by a car, you first kiss. that stuff *she sighed and moved her hand away and put the shell on the sand then traced patterns around it*
Emphadon: I just meant in general. About what age do you think people start to remember things that happen to them?
LeahFlu: 6 or seven *leah grabbed all her hair and lay back in the sand letting it spill over her face an then go in what ever direction the salt water had dried it in*
Emphadon: Really? *Empha didn't add anything else as he began to think over the information, trying to do some mental calculations, though with little success*
LeahFlu: I'm so ... i don't know. Frustrated I guess. I have something i want to say but its far out of context, and I'm a little scared to say it.... *she goes quite for a bit*
Emphadon: *chuckles* What is it?
LeahFlu: *parts hair so she can see him* you don't want to know
Emphadon: *raises an eyebrow and eyebrow at her and a slight smirk crosses his lips* Are you speaking for me?
LeahFlu: Maybe, or maybe Im saving myself from embarrassment. or worse! what if I'm saving you from embarrassment! *making gestures upwards since she on her back playing with her hair acting like a sea monster*
Emphadon: Well, we'll never if you don't tell me, will we?
LeahFlu: *sighing she sits up and lets her hair fall back behind her* uuuuugh. maybe ill tell you, but you need to answer a question first. okay? *she looks at him seriously*
Emphadon: *nods in acceptance of the terms*
LeahFlu: What...are your thoughts of me?
Emphadon: *empha's eyebrows creased not having expected that question* Do you mean.. in general.. or? *he didn't finish the question though, or expect an answer and took a pause before smiling and answering her* I like you Leah. You're kind, intelligent. *he gave chuckle* And I think today makes you the first person to remember my birthday.
LeahFlu: Oh, thank you! *smiling* I'm glad i did remember it then! So i have to tell you now I guess... *a nervous laugh she tucks some long hairs behind her ears to show her face better* I kind of uh..like you *she blushed and looked away trying not to get her hopes up to high. thinking how stupid she was, it was way to soon to say something like that, they were there as friends, She probably messed up his birthday and their friendship.*
Emphadon: *Empha couldn't help but laugh, though more in a way that attested to his general innocence and lack of understanding of the world rather than a harsh manner* Well, I should hope so. *The key issue being that empha didn't seem to understand the caliber of Leah's "like"*
LeahFlu: *leah bit her lip and looked at the ocean, it was useless, he wouldn't get it. The laughs hurt a little even though it was clear he didn't get what she meant A little tweak got her in the chest* Yeah, but Empha. I don't mean that. *Should she really keep pushing it? It might only end up worse.*
Emphadon: *Empha simply looked at Leah now, a look of hesitation on his face, though perhaps not for the reason Leah may have thought. He'd misunderstood something, and he wasn't sure if he should ask for direct clarification. Either way, her statement had been a good one. He wasn't sure how "like" could have negative context*
LeahFlu: *looking over at the silent Empha she watched his eyes. He didn't understand* Gosh I feel like I'm 13 or something... uh. Empha, I do like you obviously. But maybe just a little more then most would...*would that help? She dug her feet down into the sand and started patting them in like a trap.*
Emphadon: *Empha's widened just a bit as he realized the meaning behind what she'd said and he suddenly felt like a fool for not having realized it earlier. He looked down to the nautilus shell and the patterns leah had drawn around it as he tried to remember any instance he'd witnessed that could have helped him realize.. anything to substitute for actually offering Leah an immediate response. When he couldn't think of anything right he chuckled* 13 years would still give you more real-world experience than I have, romantic or otherwise. *he wasn't even entirely sure what he'd meant by it, but it would at least let Leah know that he now understood what she'd meant*
LeahFlu *leah took some more sand around her feet and started building upwards it would be cool to have a tail like empha, instead she had wings. upon hearing him chuckle she looked over and nodded* 21 now. I'm still pathetic at that year too, it seems. *it could be used to fit whatever the man had said. romantically she was a failure, socially she was a failure, as a fairy she was a disgrace. Couldn't even fly right, and to dangerous.* I'm sorry if I made your day strange. I make important things go wrong. Ruining your birthday as the latest addition to the list.
Emphadon: *Empha shook his head * You didn't ruin it at all. Now I'm guaranteed to remember it. *He smiled, referring back to Leah's extensive description of memory. Empha hadn't noticed that his left hand clenched into a tight fist. His middle finger was burning. The ring was heating up when he hadn't even been using his powers. He didn't want to think about why it was happening, but he it knew it made him angry. He shimmied the ring off his finger and placed it beside the shell. The skin underneath was red. This would be the first time he'd removed the ring since he'd first obtained it, and he'd never felt more free*
LeahFlu: *leah stopped building a moment to look at him*...really? How come? *a little of the disappointment eased off and she smiled again. When he made a fuss with his ring she frowned at the rad ring on his finger. The ring itself was pretty but the mark it left bothered her.* What's happened to it... Are you okay? *She went to turn for a better look but fell in her sitting position sideways from her shin being trapped. She fell towards Empha and tried waving her arms a little to steady herself*
Emphadon: *Empha smiled* Well it's like you said. Certain events are remembered more easily than others. I'd say this would fall under those. *His expression faltered as she brought up the ring, however he laughed again when she fell towards him, using one hand to help steady her once more* It gets hot sometimes, usually only when I overuse my powers.. I don't know why it happened this time. *It was a partial lie*
LeahFlu: *she wasn't sure what part of the day he had liked but she blushed anyway not able to control it. She had been grateful for the assistance sitting upright again. and the facts on his ring were interesting. So it was connected to him somehow. Very interesting. She didn't feel like her thoughts were finished though* So, about what I said...about you. What are your thoughts one that? *the nerves had left a little, she was very curious as well*
Emphadon: *There was another one of those questions, empha wondered if Leah realized how difficult they were to answer. Though it was interesting at the same time. He could be perfectly honest and not have to worry about hurting her, or that she'd look down on him for it. He shrugged and scratched at the gills on his neck in a nervous action* I don't know. I've never had anyone say something like to me. *he gave a light laugh* I mean, in case it wasn't obvious. *He was about to add more, but he looked to face her again at this point and caught sight of the ring out of the corner of his eye. 'and to be honest, I don't think I've felt closer to anybody else'. No, that wouldn't blow over well, so he left it out*
LeahFlu: *she smiled. It made sense. Leah herself hadnt heard something like it either but being around like she has, book, and television filled her in on its secrets. Leah put her arms out and went to hug him in any angle she could try from her stuck position. *Maybe we have a lot more incommon then I relized. *she giggled and reached to put eher hair up in a large messy bun.* ey, can we try swimming again. It's a bit hot.
Emphadon: *Empha returned Leah's, somehow succeeding in preventing it from being awkward. He smiled and nodded at the question of swimming again.* Yeah, you already know the sun and I aren't the best of friends. *he stood, dusting sand off his legs and trunks, then offered a hand to help Leah up*
LeahFlu: *nodded remembering he didn't like it from the first time they met* lets go! *after getting up with help she ran to the water in a playful race*
Emphadon: *Empha was about to run along to the water as well, however he stopped short, remembering the ring. He considered just leaving it there. He really didn't want to put it back on, but looking back towards the ocean, he knew the consequences would be too great. He bent down to pick it up. It was hotter now, almost too hot to touch, but he forced it back on to his finger anyway, the metal of it burning any part of his skin that it touched, and he just wanted to rip it off again. He left it on though, and continued towards the water*
LeahFlu: *leah looked back to see if Empha was following and sense something was wrong, she was a bit worried now and she had a feeling it was something to do with his ring. Before stepping into the water she took a few steps back and took a deep breath. It needed to be out of her system. The air molecules electrons moved closer and the friction was rising. Leah point a hand towards the sky and a bolt streamed up with a crack. She felt so much better now. Running into the water she dived in more confident now than earlier. she swam like Emphadon had showed her to. Maybe she could get use to this*

Last edited by Samorn on Tue May 15, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Cleaned it up so its not as intimidating... you're welcome X'D)
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/

Swimming Instructor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outer Island :: Desidia Shore-
Jump to: