Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

A topic simply called Fish

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xevi Yuell

A topic simply called Fish Empty
PostSubject: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Xevi had been wandering the town the weeks she'd been there. She did her best to avoid people and so far she's done a very good job at that. She had expolred every inch of the island thoug had stayed out of the dstricts, her favorite place being the mountians.

Now Xevi found herself confronted with the lake. It was a lovely sight to behold, never before had she seen such clear water. She rested on her tail and just stared at the water for what seemed like hours but was meerly minutes. When she moved again, it was to pull herself a few feet more to the wate's edge.

Xevi stared at her reflection. It was unnerving that under the curtain she had made out of her bangs, were evil eyes that petrified any living thing that saw them. She was going to make sure no one, not here not ever, would see her eyes. At least, not until she figured out how to reverse the affect. It was something she just couldn't take to watch if it ever happened.

Xevi shook her head, banishing the negative thoughts. She turned her attention back to the lake and past her reflection. She noticed many fish below the surface and felt her stomach growl. They looked mighty tasty, especially since she hadn't really had anything to eat for quite some time. Maybe she could catch one, lure it to her with her tail. She dipped her tail in and let it move with the undercurrent, trying to seem as natural as possible, eyeing the fish with a hungry stare.
Back to top Go down
Anyale Banes

District : Rioton District

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Just coming back from having delivered a message, Anyale and her horse Peyton seemed to have gotten lost. The trail they usually traveled between districts was wet and Anyale had foolishly chosen to take a side trail to avoid dirtying Peyton's hooves too much. Of course, like most of the decisions Anyale made, it had backfired. However, this one was not too bad of a backfire, because now they were in a rather beautiful part of Silveredge.

Slowed to a trot, Peyton and Anyale followed the sound of the leaves. In the great distance, Peyton sensed the lake and tried to speed up. Instinctively, Anyale slipped off the eager horse and grabbed his reins. She walked with one hand on his side and one on his reins, and together they made their way to the lake. When they neared it, Peyton got more restless and Anyale was smiling, just about ready to release his reins.

Just then, she realized there was someone else there. A little to their left, another girl was peering into the lake. She was rather intense and still. Anyale didn't recognize her from behind. Obviously, Anyale hadn't met too many of Silveredge's citizens; but she willed Peyton to slow to a stop as she tried to call out to the girl. "Excuse me! I'm Anyale, from Rioton district? May I ask what you're doing?"
Back to top Go down
KagiDenzin

KagiDenzin

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm

It was the first time Kagi had travelled to Lake Vanum, anything was better than being stuck in the house. The water made him feel whole. He slowly made his way to the surface and inhaled, gasping his first breath of fresh air for the past 15 minutes.
Today he wasn't working, just killing time and the best way to do that was by checking out the critters. He loved the underwater world.

He swam to shore and sat, his feet still in the water. He shook his head like a dog tring to get dry before he made his way home.. but the lake was better. He sighed wishing he was home with his family. That's when he noticed the ladies. He wasn't one for small talk but he really felt he should at least socialize, he'd only met one other person and a dog since he got here, he can't continue being a loner forever. He rubbed the back of his head, well they were a little busy for now, maybe he'd wait for the right moment..
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Flying around wasn't a new experience, neither was diving for fish but it was still fun as the first time. At first she couldn't sustain any thing more than a glide and couldn't have caught even the slowest fish.

After spotting something something she stopped circling and dove towards the glimmer in the water. She had no idea why she was doing this as she didn't even like fish, maybe she could leave it at someone's door to confuse them.

Taking a great swoop she tucked her legs in and tilted her wings for a swift descent, suddenly throwing them out to grab the shiny thing. As her talons snatched up something solid she immediately started flapping again so she wouldn't get soaked

Isobel gently landed on a shoulder sitting on the shore with the fish in her beak, completely dwarfing his head, her tail feathers spread out on his back. "Hello" she said cheerfully, dropping the flopping around fish out of her beak and onto the sand

Ref - http://www.africaontheblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Blackeaglewtmk.jpg
Back to top Go down
Xevi Yuell

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Xevi continued to stare intensely into the water. She watched in slight annoyance as fish came near but none ever bit her tail. Did they know it was a trap? She was going to give up and try snatching for the nearest fish, but she wanted to wait just a little longer.

What Xevi wasn't expecting was someone to spot her. She flinched and slowly looked behind her to see the other girl. Oh no, what was she going to do now? She could feel herself just wanting to jump in the lake and swim to the bottom. She knew that would be a stupid idea so she meerly backed as much as she could till she was almost all the way in the water.

Xevi started wringing her hands, "I....I....I was t...trying to g....g..get something to eat." Her voice was quiet and shakey. Even though she was scared to talk to the girl, she wanted to try to make friends. "I...I..It's nice to m...m...meet you M...Miss Anyale....I'm..X..X...Xevi..."
Back to top Go down
Anyale Banes

District : Rioton District

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:01 am

Slightly confused, Anyale watched as the girl moved forward into the water. Would she not fall in? When she didn't look directly at her, Anyale felt like maybe she was more intimidating than she'd meant to be.

She stopped a bit away for good measure. She let go of Peyton so he could drink some water and so she could better speak with the girl- Xevi. She laughed nervously and knew it sounded weird. Hopefully, Xevi hadn't noticed. "Oh! I didn't.. I didn't mean to startle you." She squatted so she would appear more friendly. "Xevi, huh? A lovely name. I've never fished before. How talented!"

Anyale took the time to study Xevi's appearance. She had a small frame and bangs that covered her eyes, which only made her seem more timid. How cute. Anyale was pleased to have found her, and determined to make her feel the same.
Back to top Go down
KagiDenzin

KagiDenzin

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:03 am

Kagi's first instinct was to swat the thing off his shoulder, he had been crept up on by way too many creatures he'd like to admit. but when it spoke he calmed.

"H...hello" he had never heard an animal talk before so this was a first. He watched the floundering fish and couldn't stand it. He took his knife and put the poor thing out of it's misery.
"are you going to keep it?" he couldn't believe he was talking to a bird
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:04 pm

She watched the man stab the fish and it stay still on the ground, it's blood stained the shore for a few seconds before being washed away.

She didn't see are you going to keep it was a good introduction but most people didn't have a greeting when they encountered a talking animal so she didn't take it personally. When most people saw her they didn't have much to say because of shock so Isobel had to do introductions herself.

"I don't thinks so." The innards would get into and under her claws and then then just smell. Jeez, if he'd let it die she would carry it home without getting fish guts everywhere. Isobel did see why he did it...Maybe he didn't mind having a fishy smell about his hands?

"My name is Isobel Lancer, I'm from the market district" That seemed how people greeted each other- name, then district.
Back to top Go down
Xevi Yuell

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Xevi watched the girl back up a little and felt a little guilty if she had made the other uncomfortable or something. She continued to wring her hands and looked away. The girl's words were so nice. "Th...Thank you...b...but I haven't c...caught anything yet..."

Xevi noticed something off in the slight distance when she looked away. There was a guy also on the lake's bank, with a bird. They seemed to be communing with each other but she wasn't sure. Then she noticed there was a fish on the ground beside them, though she mainly noticed it by what's left of it's electrical currents before they disappeared. This told her they had killed it.

Xevi was still very hungry, and knowing there was a fish not to far from her made even hungrier. Her stomach growled and she looked away. It was their fish, she couldn't just stare. Her stomach growled more and she held it to stop it from making the sound.
Back to top Go down
KagiDenzin

KagiDenzin

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:59 am

Kagi shrugged and left the fish for when he was ready to leave. "Isobel Lancer.." Kagi humphed, it was like an amused sound the man made when something had interested him, he wasn't a man for laughing but this was close enough "Kagi Denzin, i'm kinda the fisherman here..hence the ...fish.." he pouted looking down to the dead fish. Not the best move to make in front of someone new.. but this was an eagle they'd be used to killing stuff.
"You're name.." he paused trying to choose his words so he didn't offend "it's sounds like a human name , Isobel.. yeah" His face went blank for a moment as he thought to himself, the bird was talking, TALKING! that wasn't normal and yet here he was, having a normal conversation. This place was so strange to him, he just assumed it was normal for animals to talk. "I'm not saying it's a bad thing!" he added quickly "it's a nice name, i think it suits you"
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:29 pm

She ruffled his hair with her under wing, his nervousness was ever so slightly adorable. "It's alright Kagi, and thanks for the compliment"

She would think so, humans couldn't say demon names right and mostly didn't bother to learn them anyway. Was that what he meant...Did he suspect something? . She didn't let on she was speculating but..I'm overreacting - again, she thought, getting slightly irritated at having to remind herself constantly.

Isobel didn't like having a conversation in this form because it confused people into thinking she was an animal but to some people a talking to a dog with glowing eyes was easier than a human with a tail and blue skin...She would have to see how this converation went to see if he would get to see her human form but she really meet new people.

"I should think it's a human name, after all it was a human that gave it to me." She said. Hinting that she knew of several types of names. If he was thinking she was a pet then he was safe, if not...She didn't have a plan for that
Back to top Go down
KagiDenzin

KagiDenzin

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Kagi chuckled "yeah... human's have a habit of doing that... unfortunately i am also guilty." He named all the creatures he summoned, it made him feel a little more like a friend.
"My name is Andoran for Sea... it's an old language my mum used that died thousands of ears ago but she was stood stubborn to let it die" he smiled. He didn't know why he was so different around animals, maybe because they were less judge "mental than people. Hi smile broadened as he study the huge bird on his shoulder "I hope you don't mind me saying so but you are a stunningly beautiful creature." he would have NEVER said anything so nice to a person. "normally in the sea so, i don't get chance to see bird's close up... i can tell you everything about what goes on in there but anthing to do with land animal's is over my head" he continued to smile, which was hurting his cheeks, Kagi wasn't usually a smiley person, after his mother died it was rare he looked anything other than miserable.
"It's kinda funny actually, met 3 citizens of this place and two of them have been animals... " he pouted and began to think "would animals even class as citizens because.. you can kinda come and go when you want right? either way i should go hunting more people, not that i don't enjoy you're company Isobel but if i want to find myself a girlfriend and start a life here i need to be social." did he just say that?! he couldn't even imagine himself with a girl friend, was he even interested? he guessed his mother would be sad if her son died alone without feeling loved.
He stare at the water silently for a while before continuing his rambled conversation "I live in the Violetshore District by the way, if you are ever flying over just drop in, i like having guests" did he? since when? why was he so happy? this place was really having an affect on him, changing him for the better. Not a bad thing at all...
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:57 am

"Oh thank you Kagi" She said, and at the comment about not knowing much about air animals she tutted him jokingly "Surely you know what kind of sea birds flock to prey when certain types of fish are near the surface?" Isobel said, tilting her head at him. If he was clued into that it would be an easy way to find a catch.

"I will take you up on your offer and tell you all about them" She said, knowing about sea and river birds because of her conquests to gain a flying form. The odd of her finding a perfect bird was about 1000 to 1 so she had a grand old tie learning about where they flocked to in great numbers.

jumping down while shifting back and hit the ground a human, her tail was out to maintain balance while on her toes, not wanting to get her bare feet too wet "I have only met a handfull of people myself, In your word I shall hunt...Care to join me?" she gave him a sharp toothed smile, and made tracks towards the people and the horse on the shore.
Back to top Go down
KagiDenzin

KagiDenzin

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:29 am

Kagi stared at the woman... not only had she changed from a bird into a lady she had blue skin, BLUE! not a colour he had ever seen.

Now there were two ways to approach this situation, one would be to scream like a girl and run off which his was contemplating, the other was to remain calm and pretend everything was fine and well. "Hunt?" Kagi tried to sound confident but his voice gave it away. "hunt what exactly?" he jumped to his feet and watched her curiously. He didn't want to be rude, the conversation had been going very well so far. His cheeks began to change a slight pink as he remembered himself telling the bird that she was beautiful... of course he has never actually said that to a woman. he shyly rubbed the back of his neck and wanted her to say something, anything to make this awkward situation he was finding himself in, to turn less awkward
Back to top Go down
Xevi Yuell

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:01 am

With the apparent disappearance of the person befire, Xevi was left alone. It wasn't to bad since, Xevi had been alone for, almost, ever. She looked back at the man and his bi...The bird was gone, a woman seeming to be it's replacement. What really confused her was how the woman had almost the exact same electrical current as the bird. They couln't have been the same...could they? It went against most logic, being able to change one's molecular structure into an exact replica of another being. It made Xevi shiver at how, possibly, painful the process would be. Be that as it may, the fish, of which they had seemed to completely forget since it's death still lay on the ground. She stared at it a moment before realizing something else, the woman was walking towards her. This surprised her and she wrung her hand's together trying to think of what to do. With the problem of being unused to people and people coming towards her, a bigger problem was her hunger. She literally felt like her stomach was eating itself.

I'm sorry Anyale but it's hard to wait so long for a reply when the other's continue on. If you want to join in again, you may, but I suggest you find a good reason to why Anyale disappeared. Not trying to be rude or anything.
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:54 am

Isobel chose to ignore the staring and..oh. He thought she meant hunting people. "Ah, I guess the last statement must have sounded slightly predatory." Humans that hadn't really seen demons before didn't know what they...She could see how misunderstandings could be made.

"You said you were going to hunt people, which I assume is meeting them" She frowned, he seemed pretty human to her. "and I am going to meet the people on the shore...Unless you mean the other use of the word" She narrowed her eyes a bit. Looking him in the eyes. Noticing his awkwardness she came to the quick conclusion-Ignoring the fact that he probably hadn't seen the likes of her-that he would rather talk to a bird of prey than her.

"If I was going to kill you I could've put a talon through your jugular, I was close enough -I may be a demon but I'm not a monster. There's a person over there " she said in a slightly snappy fashion "You can meet if you want" If I'm not too repulsive to be around; I'm such an idiot, Isobel thought, Why did she expect any different from a human?

Not looking back to Kagi she walked over to the person on the shore. She seemed to be part snake or some sort of reptile hybrid. "Hello there, I'm Isobel."
Back to top Go down
KagiDenzin

KagiDenzin

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:41 am

Kagi shook his head "I'm sorry! please don't take offence, the whole changing from bird to .." he paused choosing his words "lady is just... it startled me that's all, you don't have to leave" upsetting people already, great. Kagi didn't know how he did it but always managed to get people to hate him.

"anyway...i prefer monsters.." He grumbled looking at the floor. He wasn't wrong, the summoner knew a lot of monsters.

Kagi held his head with frustration as Isobel walked away. Maybe he wasn't meant to be social.. He sat back down and dipped his feet back into the water... he should really do something with that dead fish..
Back to top Go down
Xevi Yuell

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:27 am

Xevi had been listening to the two converse with each other now and it frightened. The blue woman sounded so....trivial when she spoke of killing the man. No, it wasn't killing it was just the past possibility of it. Either way it made her very wary of the woman. Then again, she could have it all wrong and was just hearing the conversation at a bad time.

Xevi startled when the woman spoke to her and she sank towards the ground till she almost looked like a halved body miraculously alive, though her tail did make it hard to believe. "H...H..Hello. I'm X...Xevi."
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:56 am

Isobel's shoulders slumped, She'd offended him. I'm great at this people thing, She thought, I shouldn't leave the shop ever again.

"Oh, Xevi, nice to meet you" she looked down at the snakewoman as she got closer to the ground. She didn't hold her hand out to shake, scaring more people was counter productive if she wanted friends or business.

Looking back at Kagi, she felt really guilty. She was unaware at time on how weird it could be to see her shift forms..."It's alright Kagi, I'm sorry too!" she called to him before she could over think it and end up just avoiding him forever. Ah..If that didn't work she could at least say she tried.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A topic simply called Fish   A topic simply called Fish I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A topic simply called Fish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outer Island :: Lake Vanum-
Jump to: