Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Husk

Husk

Character Age : 29
District : Woodenway

What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? Empty
PostSubject: What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?   What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Husk precariously opened the door to the Dwarven Armory, well aware that small stores such as these often had bells mounted on the inside of the door. Once inside he kept a watchful eye out in the store. He wasn't entirely sure why he was being so cautious here, a force of habit maybe, but if he had any intentions to buy anything from the store it stood to reason that he'd have to speak to the store owner anyway. Of course, caution was often and easily mistaken for suspicious behavior.

Husk wasn't entirely sure what a "dwarv" was, but it seemed a silly name for an armory. He could only imagine the store owner to be some heavily muscled old man that was armed to teeth with knives, guns and other miscellaneous weapons. Like one with the long beards and horned caps. Vikings? This image didn't do much to help his paranoia, and he continued with highly suspicious and overly cautious venture through the store.

Finally, Husk arrived at a section of the store where several crossbows were set up for display. Enthused by the sight, Husk reached for the first one he saw, holding it in hand's to see how it fit. It wasn't cocked though and there was no bolt in it.
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
NelosOakleaf

Character Age : 27
District : Earth

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?   What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Nelos entered the store called "Dwarven Arms." "Hello? Helloo?" Nelos turned and saw someone standing there with a cross bow. "Escuse me, would you happen to be the propriater of this establishment?"
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?   What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:09 am

Amarantha heard noise downstairs in her store. She was upstairs sharpening her arrows for her bow. She slowly went down the stairs and peered through the doorway next to the stairs. She didn't say anything just observed waiting for someone to ask for help my tapping the bell on the counter.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?   What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:39 am

Husk visibly stiffened at the sound of Nelos' voice. A quick thought occured to him and rather then actually take the to consider it, he simply acted upon. He turned quickly to face the man who'd just entered, aiming the unloaded, and therefore useless, crossbow at the man's chest. However he hadn't been expecting green skin and pointed ears. Was that what a "dwarv" was?

The man's words were also than he expected. He'd initially assumed that this man was the store owner, but it seemed instead he was a customer. This lessened his paranoia only somewhat, but enough to make him lower the not-so-malicious crossbow.

"No, I haven't seen him, and I'd rather not." Husk placed the crossbow back where he'd found and moved down the aisle a bit, picking up a second to see how it fit in his arms.
Back to top Go down
NelosOakleaf

Character Age : 27
District : Earth

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?   What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Nelos automaticaly took a step back when the man turned around with a cross bow, but relaxed when he saw that it was unloaded. "Oh. Too bad. I was hoping to by a nice rapier. Do you know if there are any sold here?"
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?   What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Amara saw the man with the crossbow and saw him pick up another crossbow. "Please! Don't touch that! I just smithed that crossbow!" Amara air sprinted over to the guy and carefully placed it on the top of the display case.

"Sorry, I over reacted a bit..." Amara scowered her bows. "Uhh.. here! This one might fit your arm better, i can see your looking for your bow to fit. Feel free to take it put back and shoot at the targets. I just smithed some more arrows too. Also if you need help.. I could give you some pointers. Bows are my specialty"
Amara grinned. "Oh, And by the way, I'm the owner, Amarantha. Yes I'm the one that owns a hunting shop, I swear.. people always discriminate me for being a girl when i am better than others.. but if you need help im here almost always."

She turned towards the other customer. "I dont think i have any in stock at the moment, but i was going out smithing this week. Would you like me to make you one? I do have to go mining for some iron.. It's not always easy going out to mine by yourself.. unless I can find some traveling miners.. sorry side tracked." Amara let's out a deep sigh. "So how about me making you that sword?"

Amara glanced back at the other customer, then back again.
Back to top Go down
Husk

Husk

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?   What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Husk hadn't expected the woman to come as quickly as she did, and he certainly didn't expect her to relieve him of the crossbow half as quickly. Upon having it stolen from him, Husk quickly turned to face the woman head on, however he was awarded with a second crossbow rather than the kind of offensive expected.

Husk gave the woman an up and down as she spoke to Nelos. She was... a woman. Not some ropy-muscled hulk of a man with 80+ pounds of equipment hanging off of him... This was a turn for the unexpected, though not unappreciated.

Husk aimed the crossbow in a random direction then lowered it once more, finding it to fit in his hands quite comfortably. He'd held a crossbow before today, but he'd never fired one. He look back towards Amara, not quite wanting to ask her anything. This feeling came partially out of pride and partially out of a desire not to be rude as she was speaking to the other man... Mostly the former though.

Husk, however, had never been know for his patience. It seemed Amarantha and this other man were going to discuss the particulars of a design for a rapier. Husk put the crossbow back where Amarantha had picked it up from. He then pocketed his hands and made his way out of the store.

((Sorry, Nelos. Husk and Amara really wanted to RP but we couldn't start a new thread until their initial meeting was finished. DX))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?   What's a "Dwarv" Anyway? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's a "Dwarv" Anyway?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: Marketplace :: The Dwarven Armory-
Jump to: