Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Teething problems I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Teething problems I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Teething problems I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Teething problems I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Teething problems I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Teething problems I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Teething problems I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Teething problems I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Teething problems I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Teething problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Isobel

Isobel

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Isobel was happy for everyone that the island was sunny, but her dark blue complexion was drawing the sun like...like horrible things, covered in horrible sauce with horrible sprinkles on top. She was wearing her lightest colour dress and was still sweltering as she got crates into the shop. Her tail hung limply in the heat.

Abandoning a box she donned a labcoat to cover her arms and try to limit the sunburn. Inspecting her shop she found that the layout was nice, and she supposed she was living upstairs. She tried to pick other things up but ended up just putting a sheet over them and retreating into her shop.

Isobel picked a locket out of the crate and sequired it around her neck, she doubted anyother person on the island would know what to do with raw chemicals but if Mara's necklace got lost she would never forgive herself.

After cooling down she ventured out again, hissing slightly as the sun hit her skin picking up another box she saw someone approach in the direction of the sun. The phooka squinted and put the box down, maybe- gasp- she could meet people. Isobel was unsure what the reaction would be, most peole treated her with a wide berth because of her appearance..It had severly knocked her confidence. Chewing her lip slightly she watched the stranger get closer.

((Her tail comes down to about midcalf, is hairless and just gets thinner until at the bottm it ends on a point.))
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

Character Age : 39
District : Sunshield

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Samorn was beginning her search of the island. Nowhere in her mind did she doubt that Kiet may be somewhere on Silveredge Island. How wonderful that would be. Now she was in the marketplace wandering through the few empty stores there were.

Samorn chose to respond to the first sign of life she saw, which happened to be a woman at one of the storefronts. She approached the woman nonchalantly, carrying her wings low and close at her back. The dark skin of her cheeks was decorated with two leaves painted in thanaka. These had the express purpose of stopping sunburn.

Samorn kept a smile on her face as she approached, but it didn't reach eyes. This woman wasn't Kiet. Oh well, maybe she'd see what sorts of things were sold in this store. Rather than be scared away, Samorn was actually drawn to the woman's appearance. She herself was in no position to be judgmental about it, what with her 9 foot wingspan, tailfeathers, and feet of a swan.

She gave Isobel a nod, her smile still anything but genuine. "Hello." She looked toward the store then back at Isobel. "Is this your store?"

((Lol we both need to get full body refs X'D))
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
Isobel

Isobel

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:32 pm

The phooka smiled shyly at the first person she had met on the island, a swanwoman? She was relieved that she wasn't the only one on the island that wasn't confusable to be human. She relaxed a slight amount, maybe this person wouldn't be judgmental about her appearance..Or maybe she'd be mocked and laughed at for not being a swan woman.

Isobel held her hand out for her to shake, noticing that her claws were sharp at the last second. If she pulled away that would seem rude so she just kept her hand held out and hoped that the woman wouldn't be offended...Or scared. The thought always ran through Isobel's head that she would terrify people with her physical looks. "Yes, it is. Lancer's Pharmacy when the sign gets here" She looked to the shop briefly, a layout already in mind. "I'm Isobel"

Her insticts were telling her that this woman was...something..She wasn't sure. She was getting vibes of her looking for something...Kiet? The images were fuzzy..A swan boy? All this was going through her head and she couldn't help it. She banished the thoughts before she could tell anything else..In her opinion this skill of all phookas was perverse and fundamentally wrong.

She managed to keep a pokerface all the way through that..You're real good at this! Aren't you? She chastised herself bitterly, Peeving on people's thoughts and hiding it! Monster!

*she's going to be shorter than Sarmon when everything is fixed.
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Samorn reached out to take the woman's hand, carefully avoiding the claws though not at all disturbed by the. They seemed rather useful actually. If she had claws... She didn't even let herself finish the thought. No need to go back there again.

She tested the woman's name, almost as if trying it on for size. "Isobel. What a lovely name. The pleasure is mine. I go by Samorn." Though it didn't sound like, she was truly pleased to meet Isobel. She looked the woman up and down once, observing her attire and nothing more. "Is it a little warm for that jacket?" She turned her attention back to the store for a moment, examining the signless front. "What sort's of things are sold in a pharmacy?"
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Isobel grew a little more at ease when the woman didn't flinch or refuse the handshake. Sarmon..."Nice to meet you Sarmon" She smiled, her pointed teeth barely visible because of the way she smiled. "A very special person to me gave me it." Mara, her girl had given it to her and she'd adopted it even though she hated being given a name at first, she felt it infringed on her freedom, tied her down- but Isobel considered their bond the best time of her life, no matter how short it lasted.

"Oh, I get sunburned easily with my darker complexion." She explained "Oh, chemicles books, medicine, fireworks. If you would like to see what I'm selling I can show you" She picked up to the last box, things clinked when it moved so she would be careful "This is the last box" She had spent all morning shifting boxes and she needed a glass of something cold. Maybe if the shop picked up she would be able to get newer equipment.

She headed in and held the door wide open for Sarmon with her foot. The shop itself wasn't too dusty, there were sheets over things anyway. If there wasn't a chair for her guest under any of the dustsheets she knew there would definitely be one in her apartment.

Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Samorn's smile became somewhat more genuine as Isobel spoke of someone important to her naming her. "How sweet."

"Oh, sunburn?" Samorn's face gained the slightest touch of forced concern and she looked at Isobel's face, almost as if noticing her skin color for the first time. "Ah, that's why I wear this." She put a finger just below her cheek, to gesture to the Thanaka leaves. "It helps to prevent against sunburn a bit, and its also very pretty."

Samorn followed Isobel into her store, her interest peaking a bit as she listed the things she sold. "Medicine? What kind of medicine?" She gave a small laugh. "I'm the doctor of the sunny village."

Samorn took a moment to think, making a 'hmm' sound as she did. Then she laughed again. "Isobel, you wouldn't happened to have seen a young boy around here would you? About 12 years old with wings like mine?"
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:24 pm

She didn't think the sunburn trick would work at all, unless she painted leaves on herself from head to toe which didn't sound like it would fit into her morning routine at all. Wait...Her whole routine was get up and if she could do that at a reasonable hour then it was a good day.

"The chemical kind" She explained, what were the others? natural...and that was all she could think of. "What kind do you practice?" She asked.

She heaved the box down on a cloth covered counter, slipping the coat off and throwing it onto a nearby piece of furniture. After pulling the cloth away from a table she sliced a taped box's tape open and took out several bulk boxes of general tablets and a few bottles of unmarked liquids that needed to be refrigerated.

"Sorry, I can't say that I have, Sarmon. I'll be sure to tell you if I do though" It wouldn't be something she missed easily. "Can I get you something? Tea? Juice?"
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:31 pm

A slightly questioning look crossed Samorn's face. Chemicals? She didn't ask though, only pulled up her smile again and answered Isobel's question. "The herbal kind."

Samorn took a look around the store, finding it to be rather messy thus far. Isobel hadn't had a chance to finish setting up shop. She wouldn't fault the woman for it. She only made a thoughtful 'hmm' sound at Isobel's answer to her question. It looked like Kiet wasn't here. Oh well, she'd have to try somewhere else then.

Samorn's smile widened a bit at her offer. "Tea would be wonderful."
Back to top Go down
Isobel

Isobel

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Nodding at sarmon's request for tea she went upstairs, knowing that everything was already up there, still in it's boxes...but it was a relief for Isobel, she didn't want to touch another box for awhile.

After locating the box for mugs she took the first two out. One that had a cat on it, it's tail coming out of the cup and making the handle, the other was a ...Isobel suddenly realized that it had scratches all over the cup and handle because of her claws. Ah. Furrowing her browns she picked one of her newer ones. Barley any scratches. That was better, Isobel consoled herself.

After that was over she decided not to pay to much attention to everything that was covered in gouges and various slices made all over her things, which she hadn't noticed before.

She descended the stairs with the two teas.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teething problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teething problems   Teething problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teething problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: Marketplace-
Jump to: