Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

A Lone Hut

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Character Age : 33
District : Rosefall

A Lone Hut - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Leah looked off into the distance, and it was a very far distance for sure. "Well I hope you wouldn't mind living around someone like me. If you did it would hurt my feelings." She smiled trying to lighten the mood some more. Seeing his water abilities she couldn't help but envy it a little. It was a shame about his parents though... "My technology. It's the only thing that works right most 100 % of the time. I get scared of it i have to admit...I feel too powerful. I could kill you by accident or something... I constantly fear that. But I know in my heart my powers will only do good and I am too skilled to make that kind of mistake..."

She turned to look into the river. Water was something she had never really be able to have joy in large amounts. Baths were even to much, showers had to make do. Maybe Empha could get the fear away and help her to learn to be with the water.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

Character Age : 15
District : Rioton

PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Empha gave a light laugh. "Well, as long as you can avoid being the devil on my shoulder, I think we should be okay." His smile returned after vanishing for a moment when she finished, and he spoke in reference to the bit about her being too skilled to kill him by accident. "I'll consider that a good thing."

Emphadon had enough to worry about without adding the potential of being killed accidentally by somebody he'd just met. "I inherited this power from my father." He could have taken this statement in any which direction, so many that he wasn't quite sure which to go with. After a moment, his voice gained the slightest of a somber tone. "It's actually what killed him. I got a uh.." He gave a quiet laugh here as he couldn't think of a more proper word to describe what he was trying to say, "'watered-down' version of it, if you'll pardon the pun. I don't think it's a particularly dangerous ability to anyone that doesn't live in the ocean though."
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:47 pm

They seemed to be a perfect match. To powerful. She let the words sink in and they put themselves together. "I hope you don't do the same. It would be a shame to lose a new friend." Leah found herself frowning. She didn't like the idea of it. Emphadon was still very young, in her terms at least. He seemed a bit older than her, but still you were young until your to old to do anything with your life.

Leahplaced a hand on her back and leant back a little. Ugh. It still felt so uncomfortable, all the excitement had distracted her, but the adrenaline was gone now. She bit her lip hard by mistake, a little bit of blood trickled through her teeth.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Emphadon managed to smile at Leah's words. Though he wouldn't say it outright, he felt that in all likelihood he'd end up dying at the hands of the ocean. The same way his father had. It was such a particular being. There wasn't much he could do without angering it. For this reason, he was glad that he'd only received some of his father's power.

Up until now he'd been gently moving the river water as he walked. Now the ring on his finger began to warm up a bit and he stopped. 'I know you're here, now leave me alone'. That was the message he got from it.

Empha looked over to Leah as she stretched in time to see the blood drip from her lips. "You alright?"
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:28 am

She stoped biting as EMpha asked his question. She carefully licked her lip and frowned when she found there was blood. She nodded and kept walking. Looking ahead she felt like she was starting to see something in the distance. Without looking at him Leah answered, "I told you, I have... back pains." she winced at her step. Usually she'd curl up and wait for it to passed but she had to keep moving. Not to mention she ached all over. Her impact earlier would have killed a human.

Her limp was returning a little and under her breath she swore. This was complete bull. She needed to get to the town square to rest.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Emphadon wanted to pick up his pace once he noticed the town square off in the distance. However, a glance back at Leah told him that her limp had returned. He didn't want to oblige her to go faster than was comfortable, so he kept at the same pace. Remembering this was where that mayor had gone, he suddenly wasn't quite so eager anyway.

"Do you think maybe you just need practice? Maybe you just need to get used to it." He shrugged, honestly having no clue about the subject of flying. He did guess that Leah had probably been practicing it for the past, what?, twenty years maybe?
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 am

If only...practice did nothing, results were always the same. Always. "I'm a Twenty One year old Fairy Empha." She sounded a bit worn out but she kept walking forward determined to get there before she couldn't move anymore. Leah turned to give Empha a smile. "Not everyday you meet a messed up fairy huh?"

She laughed to her self. She started taking deeper breaths finding she could stand her pain a little better with more oxygen.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:17 am

Empha couldn't help smirking at Leah's statement. At least she could claim to have 21 years under her belt. Empha hardly had the liberty to claim the same thing for himself. Not in land years anyway. The water was different.

He laughed at his next train of thought. "Well, I'm willing to bet that you'll master flight long before I do. Some of us are permanently grounded." Empha was going off the automatic assumption that Leah could swim also. It wasn't as though he'd met many people who couldn't.

To him, it seemed Leah had all the advantages. Age and, with it experience, being accustomed to the land, her skill with technology, and at least having the ability to fly regardless of how skilled she was at it. In comparison... He didn't finish the thought. There was no comparison. They came from two completely different worlds with different standards each. That was all.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Maybe she was being a bit selfish. At least the guy could swim. The most Leah could do was float, that she found at least. Since the last time she tried she had gained better control, but the risk of an electrical current changing in the water... she had to be careful. There was high hopes though Empha could help her, and teacher her to swim, as long as she kept control.

Leah reached out an arm and tried grabbing onto Emphadon's arm. She hadn't tripped but she was feeling faint and the pain was hard to not think about. She stopped walking, her knees buckling. She gasped as she went down a little. Damn, she thought she could at least make it to town. They were so close...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lone Hut   A Lone Hut - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Lone Hut
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: Districts :: Violetshore District-
Jump to: