Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Kalyeen Migration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erisu

Erisu

Kalyeen Migration  Empty
PostSubject: Kalyeen Migration    Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 7:18 am

Erisu loved the forest, it reminded her of home. She sat in the low branches of a tree and listened to the sounds, it made her want to join in but her shouting at the top of her lungs would just scare everything away but at the same time it made her want to hunt. Kayleen were a strange species, half bird half feline, they gave up their carnivorous ways thousands of ears ago but the feeling to chase things were still there.

She swung her legs as she studied the trees, much darker than the leaves in her home which had a yellow colour to them, either way the forest was beautiful.
The young woman would have happily built her house in the trees if she was allowed, it was strange to have a house on the floor. She supposed there were no ground predators to contend with here. She began to hum a tune from her childhood which boarded her smile.
So far the island was wonderful! so many different places to see, still the forest was her favourite
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

Character Age : 39
District : Sunshield

Kalyeen Migration  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kalyeen Migration    Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Samorn's next area of interest was the forest. It was a long way from home, but of course she would be willing to make the flight. She flew low over the canopy, attempting to look down into the forest, but the foliage was much too thick for her to see past.

Oh, she hoped Kiet hadn't gone and gotten lost in this forest. If he did, she may never find him. Despite this train of thought, Samorn was smiling. The birds were chirping beautifully today. Songbirds always sang so prettily. They were such petite creatures, delicate. Much more so than she was anyway. To them, she must seem like an oversized beast come to sweep them away.

A lot of times she felt that way. Not quite human, not quite bird, but somewhere inbetween. Even the other bird-creatures she'd seen on the island were so much different. None of them had the strange feet that she had. What was the purpose of a creature such as herself anyway? To just fly and be grotesque?

Samorn's smile widened a bit more despite the rather pessimistic running through her mind. She wondered if the songbirds would mind terribly if she joined in. She began by simply humming along to their tune, before applying words to it, gaining confidence as her ugly display didn't scare the songbirds away.

"It's not easy so
Take it slow
You're coming up, you're coming round the bend
You're my good friend
Best friend
And you're coming up,
You're coming round the bend

You're making friends with the fireflies
You know when they die their light stays alive
But the things they say are not what they seem
So you've been called to tell us what they mean
Yes, you've been called to tell us what they mean"

She let a laugh as she stopped the song short. The song itself, though done in a fairly dark tone of voice was actually well-sung. Maybe Kiet had heard her singing. Surely he'd recognize his own mother's singing voice. Maybe he'd come to her. But he wouldn't see her past the canopy. Samorn slowed, letting herself drop gently into the trees and land on the forest floor.

(The song she's singing is Fireflies by Chris Gaarneau. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9q63Am_D2g I thought it suited her somehow lol)
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
Erisu

Erisu

Kalyeen Migration  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kalyeen Migration    Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:50 am

Erisu's ears twisted listening for which direction the sound came from, she clumsily jumped from tree to tree to get a little closer.
"That was beautiful" she called with a smiled "I didn't think anyone else would be in here" She descended down the side of the tree and landing on her backside with a bump.
She approached the other female with no concern, just a huge grin on her face "It's nice to meet you, my name is Erisu!" she bowed respectfully.
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

Character Age : 39
District : Sunshield

Kalyeen Migration  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kalyeen Migration    Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Samorn returned the woman's smile. Though she was genuinely happy to see another person out in these woods, the smile she wore still looked somehow forced, as it always did.

"Why, thank you. Though I was out here looking for someone, I can't say I actually expected to find anyone either." Samorn was overjoyed at the prospect of meeting another bird. She couldn't identify what type of bird though. She'd never seen ears like Erisu's on any kind of bird. Samorn was especially interested in how her wings extended from her arms. Closer to bird than human, perhaps? But her feet still fit into a pair of shoes, which was more than Samorn could say about her own.

"Erisu. What a lovely name." Samorn returned Erisu's gesture with a lighter bow of her head. "I'm Samorn."
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Kalyeen Migration  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kalyeen Migration    Kalyeen Migration  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kalyeen Migration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outer Island :: Ira Forest-
Jump to: