Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Getting acclimated

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilly Anne Burnell

Lilly Anne Burnell

Character Age : 25
District : Silveredge Island

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:56 am

Lilly was turning to the left, right after she walked up the stairs to get to her room. Her room was diagonaly across the hall from the bathroom and right next to the terrace. She was twisting the curl at the end of her black ponytail, that went well past her hips, with nervous fingers. She looked around at the mostly empty dorms around her. She glanced nervously up and down the hall then tugged her backpack higher up on her shoulder. The only things she brought with her from where she lived before fit in this nearly oversuffed bag. Lilly had a few t-shirts, a pair of jeans, a pair of purple knit shorts, and the denim shorts she wore now. She also had a friendship bracelet her best friend had made her before she left, an adress book with e-mails and phone numbers for the only two people who cared about her, and a photo albumn of her friends and her. She fiddled with the key she had been given down stairs and put it shakily into the lock. She pushed the door open into the room and was met with biege walls, an oak wood bookshelf,and matching desk and chair pushed to one wall, there was also a comfortable looking white couch. There were two doors leading to a back room which was the bed room, again there were biege walls, but there was a white bed with oakwood headboard, and matching dresser. On the opposite side of the room there was a large window with red cushioned windowseat. Late afternoon sunlight spilled through the window and Lilly dumped her bag on the bed, then raced to the window to look at the green field below. "oh wow" she muttered under her breath. She begrudgingly pulled away from the window and began to unpack. The dresser had four large drawers and two small ones. In one of the large drawers she put all of her clothes. "I really hope i'm able to get more clothes while I'm here," she muttered. she put all her hair ties, her brush and toothbrush in one of the smaller drawers and in the other she put the address book, photo albumn, and bracelet. She folded her Purple bag and put in the bottom drawer. She walked around the perimiter of the bedroom area. She then walked over to the living area and sat on the couch. She put her cin on her hand and leaned against the armrest, "well, what do i do now? i kind of want to explore and meet people, but i don't want to leave the room. Maybe someone will visit me, if not i could always take a nap."
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:56 pm

the second, and final student of Mr. Daniel Abbot's meeting and greeting route--Lilly Burnell.
Daniel sighed as he walked down the hallway to her room--he really hoped that more students would enroll. though the idea of so many students here made him nervous, it was much more awkward to only have 2 students. besides, he would have Zigg to help him out (however begrudgingly that help may come) not to mention Leah and Emphadon.

Mr. Abbot stepped up to the door, his black jacket on though he had felt no reason to put a tie on that morning. he lifted a hand and lightly tapped on the door.

"Ms. Burnell?" the principal called, wondering if she were even in. he hadn't been paying any attention to the entrance like he usually did.

Back to top Go down
Lilly Anne Burnell

Lilly Anne Burnell

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Startled out of her musings, Lilly got to her feet and walked over to the door. She opened it a crack and looked into the hall. there stood a man in a black jacket who, she presumed, knocked on her door.

"Uh... hi." she said and opened the door a little wider. "would you like to come in? And you can just call me Lilly it's wierd being called Ms." She gestured into the room, and stepped aside so she could let the man in.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Mr. Abbot grinned ruefully as he stepped through the door. "Well, i figured it would be creepy to go straight to first name basis when you didn't know me yet." he held out his hand to shake her's. "My name is Mr. Daniel Abbot--I'll be your principal here at the school."

His eyes flit about the room for a moment--like the other student he'd spoken to, she hadn't been here long enough to fully settle in per say. still, it was more lively and homey than the rest of the eerily quite school. one full time teacher who hadn't even come to the school yet, and two who would be helping out though they had other full-time responsibilities.
Back to top Go down
Lilly Anne Burnell

Lilly Anne Burnell

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Lilly smiled and put her hand in her new principal's for a shake. "Well Mr. Abbot I'm really excited to start school here. i've never been to a school where i might be accepted by the students before." she said and Started fiddling with her hair again. "Would you like to sit down? I had just finished unpacking."

She moved to stand beside the couch. she didn't want to sit down if her guest didn't so she just stood there and thought of the last time she had met a principal and this was going a thousand times better since she hadn't spilled hot coffee on this one. or at least not yet but she hopped she never would.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Daniel grinned. "well, i'm pleased to learn of your excitement. I hope you'll make plenty of freinds here. if you have any questions, feel free to ask. and if you can't locate me, the new teacher for the school should be arriving soon. There's another student, as well."

Mr. Abbot nodded in acceptance to the offer and seated himself on the couch, looking about once more at the dormitory-like set up. Zigg had taught him to learn from the way people lived, though that tip didn't count for much in this situation, so he let it be. she definitely seemed happy to have been accepted into the school.
Back to top Go down
Lilly Anne Burnell

Lilly Anne Burnell

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Lilly sat down at the other end of the couch and tucked her legs under her. She couldn't wait to meet the teacher and students.

"When will classes start?" she said "what are the subjects being taught? What does the schedual look like is it like a bell schedual and are there periods? if so how many a day? Will there be any classes outdoors? or gym class? Will there be field trips? will be all together or are we going to be divided by grade? am i asking too many questions?" all the while she was staring directly at her principal. She was really excited for school she loved to learn new things.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Mr. Abbot laughed lightly, and tried to answer a s many questions as he could--though she'd said them all so quickly, that it had been hard to keep track.

"Classes will start when we get a bit more organized. just focus on getting acquainted to the school, the island and it's inhabitants for the time being. Most likely there will be some sort of outdoor activities." that was a giving, really, considering the new teacher. no matter what he would teach, he'd find some way to do outdoor activities.

"As for field trips, I suppose that's mostly up to the mayor. I mean, i suppose there are a few interesting things on the island, but still...As for class divisions, unless we get students that are extremely far apart in age, they'll mostly be divided by the class that they take."

whew. it had very nearly taken as much breath for him to answer the questions as it seemed for her to ask them. he couldn't help smile at her enthusiasm
Back to top Go down
Lilly Anne Burnell

Lilly Anne Burnell

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Lilly stood up from the couch and started happy-pacing. she couldn't wait for school!

"do you know what sort of classes will be offered?" She said and stopped in front of her principal. "i really want to take an agriculture class and history, by the way if there is history what sort of history would we study? like from where? and will ther be stuff like chior? i'm sorry if i'm driving you mad with all the questions i'm just reall excited!"

Lilly spoke a little more calmly near the end but had started happy-pacing again. she just couldn't sit still shhe felt like a bomb of energy ready to explode!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Mr. Abbot tapped his chin in thought. "an agriculture class would be nice. but like i said, its difficult to organize classes when we only have one teacher--we'll get classes as we get teachers that have experience in those classes."

she was such an energetic student--he hoped more students like her would come to the school, but most likely he would get some problem students sooner or later.

"it's good to be exited--I'm very happy that you have such a love of learning. perhaps when the professor gets here, you could help show him around a bit and introduce yourself, and help him set up his classroom? i'm sure it would be a great help to him"
Back to top Go down
Lilly Anne Burnell

Lilly Anne Burnell

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:12 pm

"Of course! I'd love to help!!!" Lilly said pausing for a moment "But i'd have to learn my way around first the only place i've been is here."

"um one more question will there be uniforms or do the students just wear whattever we like?"

Lilly couldn't wait to explore the island and meet new people. but she was a little worried considering she was usually shy except when she talked about something she loved like learning and singing and her friends and animals.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Mr. Abbot gave a nod. "that's fine--i don't expect you all to know the school like the back of your hand or anything. in fact, i'm considering posting maps near the entrances and the dorms. either way, I'll tell professor Zigg--" he chuckled at the name-- "to keep an eye out for you."

Zigg would grumble to him about the name. Daniel would get a big kick out of it, though.

"oh don't worry," he said, shaking his head, "there won't be any uniforms, as long as the Mayor doesn't require them, and i don't really think he will. i would prefer if you didn't come to class in sweatpants, but jeans or perfectly fine. or shorts, considering that this island will be warm during the summer. basically, just anything you would wear to a normal school--i see no reason to make a dress code as of now, but if the need arises, i'll make sure to announce it at an assembly. now, do you have any other questions?"

Daniel figured he should go meet Zigg so that he could give a quick run down of some things at the school.

Back to top Go down
Lilly Anne Burnell

Lilly Anne Burnell

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Lilly figured she had kept her poor principal captive long enough and had only one final question.

"Is there a store on the island were i can get clothes i only have a couple pair?"
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Daniel frowned slightly, turning his head to one side in thought.

"well...there aren't any clothing stores in the marketplace. the only thing there that I can honestly think of that would have clothes...no, that wouldn't either."
he chuckled lightly.
"huh. i can't think of any stores that may have extra clothes. the market place has Odds and Sods, which is more like a hobby store or antique shop. there's the pharmacy, the armory, and a storage house with some really general stuff--construction supplies, extra blankets, and who knows what else."

he shrugged. "sorry, i can't seem to think of anything else."
Back to top Go down
Lilly Anne Burnell

Lilly Anne Burnell

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Lilly Frowned "oh okay well maybe i'll be able to find some fabric, wouldn't be the first time i've made my own clothes. Thanks any way i think i've kept you long enough sir."

Lilly started walking towards the door.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:38 pm

daniel chuckled. "it's alright, i enjoy having a nice conversation once in a while."
he followed Lilly to the door his hands lightly stuck in his pockets. "I look forward to the upcoming school year, Ms. Lilly."

making clothes? oh! an arts and crafts class, maybe...? he really would have to write some things down when he got back to his office.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting acclimated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting acclimated   Getting acclimated I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting acclimated
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: School :: Second Floor :: Lilly's Room-
Jump to: