Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Sent to find Samorn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zigg

Zigg

Sent to find Samorn Empty
PostSubject: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Zigg flew toward the infirmary, his black wings creating a dark profile against the sky as he began to drop towards the ground. the idea of being in an infirmary was strange, to say the least. like most of his family, hospitals were seen by him to be something best avoided. still, he walked inside as the infirmary--aversion aside--tucking his wings in as he went.

Zigg had decided that it would be better for his health to get a feel for the island long before meeting up with his brother at the school. not that he didnt' care for his younger brother, but blood relation or not, if Danny was going to haul him out here without so much as an explanation, then he was going to at least have the choice of where to live. not that he would ever have ignored Danny's request, even if he did know that it included him being a teacher, not to mention being sent out on errand-type requests.

Empha had suggested that Zigg go to the infirmary in Sunshield district during a rather short meeting. being as his own home wasn't yet ready (not that he had anything to put in it anyway) Emphadon had told Zigg that he might try to find the other member of the district.

looking around the infirmary with dark eyes and not much expression, he wandered over to glance out the window, letting his mind wander and pick up the heat that bounced off all of the buildings here.
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

Character Age : 39
District : Sunshield

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Samorn's infirmary wasn't set up like your average hospital. Of course, everything was still fresh and clean, but not in the overly-sanitary and suffocating sense that hospitals had. Sunshield's infirmary was filled with a refreshing scent of herbs that always reminded Samorn of home. She had only small supply of herbs that she was actually familiar with though. The rest of the infirmary had several workstations with herbs from the pasture lain out on top of them. She was certain they had to have some medicinal qualities to them that would help her with her work, however she'd have to learn them before she could use them.

Currently, Samorn was at one of the workstations in the far corner of the infirmary, comparing her home remedy, Thale, to some of the pomegranate plants she'd found in the pasture. The table held samples of the plants bark, leaves and, of course, its fruit. As she worked, she hummed a song to herself. She could never remember the words to the song, but had always adored its rhythm.

Samorn didn't even notice the man enter until she turned away from the workstation, the bark of the pomegranate tree in hand. She put the bark down again though upon seeing and stopped humming.

She gave a small smile, but she'd forgotten how to smile with her eyes too. "Oh, hello. Does something ail you, Sir?"
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Zigg looked up at the sound of Samorn's voice, letting his eyes wander to look at the work she was doing before he answered.

"Not unless my brother counts as an ailment," he muttered. Zigg walked over to the woman, his hands in his pockets. he hadn't really meant that comment--well, not entirely. still, he constantly found himself pulled into situations because of his brother. it had been several years since the last goose-chase.

"Are you Samorn?" he asked in his fairly deep, warm tone. not that his voice sounded happy, exactly.

Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:35 pm

"That isn't very nice." Her smile remained on her face and though she was practically reprimanding him, her voice didn't carry such a tone. "You should be grateful for your family. Not everybody has one." Though she spoke in all seriousness, she kept a smile on her face and acted as though the words didn't apply to her, though they most certainly did.

"Yes, I'm Samorn. You are?" She turns away from the man for a moment to to pick up the pomegranate bark again. "What brings you here." She gives a light laugh here. "Apart from your brother."
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:33 pm

"my brother brought me to the island." his tone, if someone were to pay close attention, might hint that he was actually thankful for being dragged here.

He gave a little nod.

"My name is Zigg--I'll be moving into Sunshield district, so i was sent to find you."

from what he knew, the number of residents in teh sunshield district was rather limited--he supposed not a lot of people benefited from the hot sun like he did. still, as to why emphadon had switched zigg's course to Samorn, he wasn't sure. she didn't seem to be the welcoming committee type--in fact, her smile was rather off. empty. for a moment, his mind flashed through the other faces that he knew, looking for something similar to that smile, but none seemed to match, per say. he had definitely seen fake smiles before, but this was different.
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Samorn didn't miss the thankful hint in Zigg's voice. She was more observant than people often gave her credit for. She was happy for it though, and her smile grew just a bit. "Yes, family is a wonderful thing to have."

"Oh, you'll be living here? So I won't be alone anymore. That makes me very happy." She was speaking in all honesty, however her tone of made it seem as if she were being sarcastic. "Might I ask who sent you to find me?"
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Zigg gave a little nod.
"originally i was scheduled to live in the school as a teacher."

this Sunsheild district was much more his speed, however. and the heat made him feel much better as well. he would have to remember to fly around the district later.

"it was one of the district leaders...Emphadon."

Less sent, and "more handed off to". Emphadon had been busy, and since he'd pointed out that visiting the mayor wouldn't get him any were, he'd been re-routed to Samorn
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Samorn thought for a moment, requesting access to her memory banks to see if the name Emphadon had been archived up there. She was denied entry. "No, I don't recognize the name. I think I'd remember such an odd name. But the odd ones are always the most beautiful." She laughed a bit after saying this. "Why did he ask you to see me?"

"You're an educator? It's a wonderful profession. I do love children." Her expression changed to a more thoughtful one for just a moment. "I don't think I'd be able to do it though.." Momentarily her thoughts wandered to her son, Kiet.

((Empha: "Just make sure she doesn't set the place on fire or something.." X'D))
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 pm

"it isn't the most odd of names i've heard, but it does stand out."

Zigg's mind wandered to his conversation with Emphadon again, and his lip quirked in what could be a smile.

"he seemed busy. i think it was mostly redirection."
redirection for both of them, if he wasn't mistaken.

Zigg let his eyes wander about the room for a moment again before he answered

"like I said, my brother brought me here."

honestly, it wasn't about the job. yes, he had taken care of students before, but it wasn't about whter or not he enjoyed it. he simply did it. secretly, he held an almost facination towards them--though facination wasn't quite the right word. they were simply so innocent--well, the much younger ones, anyway. some middle schoolers were once the same way, but now people lost their innocence so easliy, when it should have been something to hold on to. so many times he came acrossed a sick and twisted mind--and sometimes, they hadn't come out of their teenage years yet.

for a moment, the image of a young boy flickered across his mind. it wasn't quite an image so much as a feeling, and for a moment he thought he'd conjured it up himself--that is until he glanced back towards Samorn. it had been from her, though it had been only a slight brush of a memory in his mind. he hadn't been focusing on picking up on any thoughts--his mind must have done it on its own as it wandered

(bwaha, its so long, and so little of it is him actually speaking XD)
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Samorn smiled warmly at the man. "Zigg stands out as well."

Samorn's eyes wandered to the man's shoulders, traveling off to the side and following off his wings. She took a moment in trying to guess how large they were. They were certainly larger than her own. Perhaps he was a bird of prey. "Your wings are lovely, by the way. It's nice to see someone else who can fly. The sky can feel very empty sometimes. Especially in the winter when all the little birds fly south. What sort of bird are you?"

Samorn's mind briefly wandered to her husband next. Zigg reminded her so much of him. They were both too serious. Niran wasn't quite as quiet though, and he smiled more. Or at least he used to. Niran's wings were entirely black. He was a black swan. The tint of red in them sparked one memory in particular. Niran's poor wing impaled onto a dirt wall, blood dripping quietly inbetween the feathers. Oh, he hadn't been smiling that time.

These thoughts aside, Samorn had managed to remain smiling through the entire process. She wasn't allowed to frown when these thoughts came up.
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Zigg frowned slightly. "Actually, i'm not--my wings are similar to an osprey's i'm told, but i'm not a bird."
surprisingly, very few people had ever asked him if he was a bird of prey--or a bird at all, really. though technically, no one really asked him many questions anyway. or he simply didn't answer. it was mostly the first option, however--because he was a bit of a quiet, dark figure, many people avoided him. not out of fear, but just simple human avoidance; he blended in, so no one really took notice to him unless he actually attempted to engage in conversation. he wasn't sure if what he was doing right now could be considered engaging, but it certainly wasn't the act of staying silent.

basically, Samorn's question had surprised him--he never answered an unspoken question, so he didn't elaborate.

Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Samorn lifted her chin a bit in understanding. "Ah. Yes, I suppose I shouldn't assume that all people with feathery wings are birds." She gave a slight laugh and lifted her foot a bit. "You don't have the feet for it anyway."

Samorn took another second to consider what else to say. When she decided, she put her hand to her forehead as if just remembering something. "Oh, how rude of me. Would you like some tea, Niran?" She a bit afterwards. She did have access to a stove in the back of the infirmary. She'd asked to have it put there because some of her remedies required that they be heated, and she was certain she could find some of her tea leaves somewhere in the infirmary as well. She was very able to make some herbal to for "Niran".
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Zigg blinked at the name "Niran". it struck a chord--one of the bits and pieces filtering through to him, though he didn't know exactly who this "Niran" actually was--obviously not him, that was for sure.

it was then that he concluded....this young woman was more than a bit off. still, he did no in acceptance to the tea, though the change of name worried him. just how "off" was she, per say? did it go past the name itself? he studied her inconspicuously from the corner of his eye. she had never once stopped smiling since their conversation had been started, and it seemed forced. that was something that was familiar to him. but other things that she did...he was at a complete loss as to how to react. perhaps he should simply wait it out?
it most likely wouldnt' be a good idea to try to talk her out of it. the way she'd said the name "Niran" told him that much, but he still didn't know what that told him. he was on unfamiliar ground here
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:50 am

Samorn's smile extended to include her teeth, becoming a little less forced. "I'll go make us some tea then."

She made her way over to one workstation which had a sink set into it, grabbing a large bowl off another on the way there. She rinsed the bowl out twice before filling it with water. She then made her back towards the back of the infirmary where there was a separate room. This is where the stovetop along with some of her more precious herbs were stored. The door however had no handle, so she could walk in out even if her hands were full.

Samorn entered the back room backwards so she could look back at Zigg before vanishing/ "Don't misbehave while while I'm gone, now, Zigg." She gave another light laugh at the end of this, having intentionally tacked his name to the end of the sentence.

Samorn had no tea kettle here. Oh, she'd have to bring one. For now she could improvise. The tea wouldn't be half as good though. She located some loose tea-leaves in a crucible-style container of which there was a collection of in one of the drawers. There wasn't a whole lot of space to maneuver in the small back room, but she'd manage. As she worked, she began humming the same tired tune she'd been humming earlier.
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Alright, now he was almost positive she was screwing with him. it was still obvious that she was mentally unsound, but she seemed to know exactly what she was doing and saying. now, it was most likely the reasoning behind her actions that were...a little...off. she made Zigg a little uneasy, but very interested at the same time. he would definitely learn something from her, if nothing else, and she was also a very refreshing person to speak with because of her questionable sanity.

perhaps his own interest in her was a little odd, but it wasn't very often that he stepped out onto unknown psychological territory--the fact that he may or may not learn something new held a slight intrigue for him.

Zigg watched her quietly as she worked and listened to her humming, trying to predict and determine based off her actions
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:45 pm

It took Samorn a bit longer to make the tea then it normally did without a kettle, but she managed. Once she finished it, the smell somehow managing to overpower the smells of all the different herbs already in the infirmary, she located two cups and poured some of the tea in each.

Samorn then made her way back to Zigg, holding a cup in each hand. She held one out to Zigg, giving him an almost motherly smile. "Drink it while its warm. It's an herbal tea. I hope you'll enjoy it"

After handing him the tea cup, Samorn turned back in the direction she'd come and found a chair to sit in. "Pull up a chair if you'd like." There was a chair at each workstation. "So what are you then? If not a bird?"
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Zigg pulled a chair around from another work station and sat, taking a sip of the tea. the warm liquid felt good on his throat, as any warm drink did- he didn't like coffee much, as it didn't effect him energy-wise anyway, but he did drink it once in a while.

"I'm part dragon," he answered simply, his wings shifting as he settled back into the chair, trying to relax. the tea certainly helped. he gave the tea a little nod.

"Are you an herbologist of some kind, then?" it was probably the only question he'd asked since he met Samorn, other than to clarify that she was in fact the person he was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Samorn's eyes widened a bit with interest. "A dragon?" She asked, taking another sip of her tea. The hot liquid gave her lip a tingling sensation, but still she acting as if she didn't feel it. "Would that be the mythical kind or perhaps a komodo dragon?" She gave a light laugh. She'd never seen a komodo dragon with reddish-black, feathery wings such as Ziggs. But then, she'd never seen any other kind of dragon with wings fitting that description either. It did make her wonder though: did Zigg have a forked tongue? A gaping maw like that of a komodo dragon's. The altogether unrealistic thought brought on another laugh from the woman.

Samorn gave a slight nod in answer to Zigg's question. "I use herbs to heal the sick. I am unaccustomed to the herbs around here. I'm learning though."

((No he does not have a forked tongue, Samorn, you're so weird X'D))
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:32 pm

"the mythical kind," he replied. technically, he was teh more common mythical kind--he actually used fire, while the rest of his family took on other elemental control that, though not unheard of, was less commonly associated with dragons.

it was strange, though, that though their dragons had leathery wings, all four of them had gained feathers. he was still confused as to how that happened. maybe a hidden gene of some kind that came out when the scientists gave them dragon DNA? they could still make sounds that were reptilian.

"that would explain what you were doing when i came in." Zigg's eyes traveled back to her work table. she must have been trying to figure out the herbs from the island when he'd walked in on her. he wasn't surprised--Poison certainly would have been interested in the herbs here, as well.
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:17 pm

Samorn's head tilted to one side in thought. The mythical kind. Well wasn't he special? Still, the prospect didn't sit well with Samorn. "Well, that doesn't make much sense. You have the wings of a bird, but are descended from a reptile." She took a pause here before actually asking her question. "How does that work?" She was quickly learning that Zigg didn't elaborate on anything unless directly asked. Perhaps she could just model her questions after a test and tack the word 'explain' to the end of each of them. Zigg was a teacher after all. The differences between him and Niran were beginning to make themselves obvious.

Samorn gave another nod. "It turns out that some of them aren't completely alien. We just have different names for them where I'm from." She reached behind for the bark she'd been examining. "Pomegranate. I can use its bark to make medicine for cestode infection." She gave a curt smile here, and put it in layman's terms for Zigg. "Tapeworms." She shrugged, placing the bark on the table. "I certainly I hope I won't find a case of that here." Samorn casually took another sip of her tea, proceeding to be entirely unfazed by any aspect of their... "conversation".

((Now if only I could put this much effort into researching for my history paper X'D))
Back to top Go down
Zigg

Zigg

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Zigg frowned, considering the question with a slight turn of his head. "i'm not entirely sure....," and here, his voice took on that of a teacher--perhaps he would make a good professor after all? "apparently, there have been dragons that have feathered wings before, though why i have no idea--perhaps it just has to do with their species. my best guess is that some recessive gene was brought out in me."

he settled back into the chair, his random teaching moment seemingly over for the time being. he seemed to have a habit of answer questions about himself from a scientific standpoint, rather than a personal one.

Zigg was slightly unsettled by Samorn's carefree nature in talking about parasites. she may hae been a kind of doctor, but even doctors weren't completely impartial to something like that. again, he was struck by how odd she was, and again, he said nothing about it.

((you're pointing out that he was a teacher was really helpful for that post ^^ thanks haha))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sent to find Samorn   Sent to find Samorn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sent to find Samorn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: Districts :: Sunshield District :: Infirmary-
Jump to: