Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

A Case of Some Sort

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Samorn

Samorn

Character Age : 39
District : Sunshield

A Case of Some Sort Empty
PostSubject: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Upon arriving in Sunshield for the first time, Samorn found herself entirely alone in the district. The sun beat down nonstop, and the houses were beautiful. It didn't take her long for her to settle into the place, filling both her home and the infirmary with a slew of herbs. The vast supply left a wonderful scent wafting around both areas that reminded her of home. However, she'd need to learn about any new herbs that were native to this island.

Now she was in her home, mixing up a new batch of Thanaka. She'd used the last of it this morning to paint the two leaves that currently adorned her cheeks. At least the stuff would come in handy in the district. She was humming quietly to herself as she worked.
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

Character Age : 33
District : Rosefall

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:41 am

The walk from town hall to here, Leah would have to say wasn't exactly pleasant. The temperature got hotter as she traveled towards the treeless plain. There was no way she was going to fly through. She couldn't possibly fly home but not to get here. Finally in he district though she quickly found the home she was looking for and knocked on the door.

"Excuse me is Ms. Samorn home?" Leah leaned again the door a bit until she could hear someone approaching. It was starting to cool down underneath the house's shade.
Back to top Go down
Daryk Chacca Lette

Daryk Chacca Lette

Character Age : 30
District : Violetshore District, Silveredge Island

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Daryk was amazed that he was able to find his way to Sunshield while having half the map hidden by the umbrella in his other hand. The wind kept flapping the map around, and numerous times had it blown out of his hand, and he'd chased it.

Alas, he reached the district. He'd promised a friend he had met the night before he would come visit, anyways. He smiled.

However...He had a map of how to get from Violetshore to Sunshield. His map hadn't intricate enough details to tell which house was Samorn's. Frustrated, he crumpled up his map.

He looked up, to see a winged girl.

He recalled the thought, of Samorn being lonely without people to fly with...so perhaps was this one of her friends? Then again, she said she was new.

'Whatever,' he thought, 'It couldn't hurt to see if that is Samorn's house.'

He walked up to the door and stood by the winged girl. Her wings were nothing like Samorn's wings, yet, were still wings...Butterfly-like wings.

"El'o Ma'am. Do you know where I can find a 'Samorn'? She's quite the endangered species, as there's only one I've discovered. A miraculous species indeed." He said, loudly. He smiled down at the butterfly-winged being.
Back to top Go down
http://veranazwingli.deviantart.com
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Samorn stopped her humming abruptly at the knock on the door. She wasn't in the infirmary. She hoped no one had gotten hurt. She wouldn't forgive herself if somebody was injured and she wasn't in the infirmary to tend to them. What if it had been Kiet?

Samorn quickly found a washcloth to wipe her hands with and rushed to answer the door. Upon opening it, she broke into a grin at the sight of Daryk, her tone carrying elation. "Daryk! You came to visit me, after all."

Samorn then looked over to the other woman. She considered giving this woman a name, but decided it was much too soon. She hadn't said enough yet. She didn't like being called ms. though. It reminded her that she wasn't really a Mrs. anymore. But her smile didn't go away as she addressed her. "And who might you be?"
Back to top Go down
Daryk Chacca Lette

Daryk Chacca Lette

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Daryk smiled. "Visit you? No, no I was sure I was visiting Samorn...I heard her house was around here. In fact, you're more beautiful than I last saw you...Oh, it looks like I've blown my cover." He grinned.

"Well then...May I enter your humble establishment, miss? I should like to see what it looks like." he said, politely, whilst wiping his slightly melted fingertips on his pants.

Today, Daryk was wearing a t-shirt (much different from his usual bare chest) and long pants.

"Sunshield lives up to it's name pretty well, huh? Pretty sunny."
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Seeing a man walk up she finds herself staring...was he made of...chocolate? "m I believe she lives here..." He seemed kind of melted. It was definitely quiet awkward. As A woman answered the door Leah went to speak but found the chocolate man, Daryk apparently, had uninterrupted her. She was a tad annoyed. Didn't this guy know who she was? Obviously Cupido wasn't telling new Citizen's of the ranks around here. Leah was a district leader and Cupido's secretary! She flippin ran this Island!

Though she was obviously annoyed by the man already Leah tried to keep her calm. "I am Leah. Rosefall District Leader and The Mayor's Secretary. It Is nice to meet you. I had a few things to discuss but...I can come at a later time if it is more convenient." he looked over to the Chocolate man and then back at Samorn.
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Samorn laughed a bit as Daryk spoke, but wasn't humbled by what he said. "Only if you promise not melt on my furniture, Sunan."

She looked back to Leah. "Oh no, do come in. I can make some tea for my first guests." Samorn fully opened the door, standing aside to allow her guests entry into her home. The first main room in the house was a sitting area, decorated with warm colors. She didn't have much furniture yet, but she'd managed to acquire a single sofa capable of seating three people and a coffee table.

Samorn quickly went through the kitchen into another room of the house and retrieved the chair from her home work area, placing in to the left of the sofa. "Sorry for any discomfort. I haven't quite had the chance to situate myself yet. Do have a seat." She gave a smile to Leah. "I'm sure Daryk will entertain you while I go make some tea."

With that, Samorn gave a small laugh and excused herself to go to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Daryk Chacca Lette

Daryk Chacca Lette

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:27 pm

"Suna-" He paused. Perhaps it was an insult? Samorn's laugh said otherwise, it seemed more like a title of honor, perhaps. He sat down on the sofa, resisting the urge to rest his legs atop the coffee table.

Daryk glanced at Samorn. Entertain her? He wondered what she meant by that. His thoughts wavered, and he brushed them aside.

"Hola, Señorita Leah. It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Daryk (He's pronouncing it dehr-eek with lots of gusta, just for emphasis). You said you were Rosefall's District's Leader, and the Mayor's Secretary, am I correct? I'm also a district leader, of Violetshore. I wonder what Rosefall's like..." he said, his eyes wandering around the room, quickly glimpsing and admiring the interior of Samorn's home. Fading back into reality, he spoke.

"So, Miss Leah, what brings you to Silveredge Island?"
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Leah followed the chocolate man inside at Samorn's request. She could stay for a little but she had to be going as soon as her topics had been discussed. Leah hadn't been expecting someone else would have been here as well, but she'd have to work around it. Tea sounded nice enough though. The only down side was being left with the intruder.

"Yes. It's very pretty. There is a beautiful lake that stretches far back into the Island and the tree's give nice shade. We get shade from the mountain as well and of course we have our roses."
Leah had been surprised this man was the Violet shore district leader. That means she will be seeing him lots more. Great!

"I came here when It was just the Mayor. I crash landed after hearing voices from my ship I was on. I was going to Africa but this was fine. I get to stay here to."
Back to top Go down
Daryk Chacca Lette

Daryk Chacca Lette

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:48 pm

"Ah...I see." Daryk said with a slightly worried tone, since Leah crash landed and all.

He furrowed his eyebrows, and leaned close to Leah's face so that his face was only an inch or two from hers. He grinned mischievously, like he usually did. "Miss Leah, you should know it's not healthy to be so serious all the time." He placed his hand on her head.

"Doesn't look like you're sick. Although maybe it's just me, being chocolate and all."

He leaned back and returned to his previous sitting position, relaxed with his arms hanging loosely around the sofa.

"Leah, you seem quite interesting. Is there anything else you'd like to tell me about?" He pointed at her wings. "Perhaps those?"
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm

As the man got closer his cent was much stronger. She didn't like that he was so touchy. It was quite uncomfortable for her. She wasn't sure why he thought she would be sick. But as he commented on her wings she quickly let them go away, forgetting she had left them out.

"I am a fairy." She really wasn't enjoying the company of this guy, and it wasn't often she was actually repulsed by someone. He was just to much for her perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Daryk Chacca Lette

Daryk Chacca Lette

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 pm

"A fairy, you say? Interesting...Are you a specific type of fairy?" He said, his curiosity perking up, "From what I've heard, fairies can have different wings, and such, so surely you must be a subspecies, as you have butterfly wings." Daryk leaned back on the sofa.

"Miss Leah, you are quite the boring subject. Is there anything interesting you would like to talk about?" He said, sighing.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:55 am

Leah sighed still annoyed. "I'm an Northern American Fairy. Fairies or other types can have different wings depending on their genetics." She found fairy anatomy quite boring honestly. As he called HER boring she frowned,"You aren't that interesting yourself. Your very annoying actually." Standing up Leah walked towards the kitchen. Looking in to hopefully see Samorn had finished the tea. She didn't want to stay here much longer.

Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Samorn was just in the process of pouring the tea when Leah came to the kitchen. She offered the woman the woman a smile, before pouring the last. She picked it up and brought it over, handing it off to her. "Here you go, miss." There was meant to be an undertone of disrespect in the word miss, however any sense of tone Samorn once had was long gone, and it sounded perfectly normal. "Now I'll have enough free hands to both mine and Daryk's over."

She returned back to the counter to retrieve the other two teacups, taking one in each hand. She'd noticed that Leah's wings seemed to have disappeared, however she made no comment on it.

Samorn brought the two teacups out into the sitting area offering one to Daryk as she took the seat beside him. "It's an herbal tea. I hope you'll both like it." Of meat, pork; of fruit, mango; of leaves, tea. She took a sip from her cup, scalding her tongue a bit but not appearing to be bothered by it.

"So what brings you both here?" She looked directly to Leah for her next statement. "I hope Sunan didn't intimidate you too much, Miss Leah. He can be quite strange sometimes, but he usually means well." She gave a small laugh at the end. Really, she didn't know enough about Daryk to be saying such things about him, and was going directly off memories of her brother-in-law, Sunan.
Back to top Go down
Daryk Chacca Lette

Daryk Chacca Lette

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:10 pm

He smirked, whilst watching Leah go to the kitchen.

"I'm not interesting? That's fairly...inaccurate to say, since I've hardly told you anything about myself other than my name and what district I'm leader of." He said, quietly.

Leah seemed quite the 'stubborn' type. Daryk, on the other hand, wanted to pretend to be oblivious to the matter, and try to get closer to her. It wouldn't hurt to get a couple friends though, would it not?

Daryk grinned and politely took the cup, only to set it on the table. "I apologize greatly, Madame Samorn, but I should like to make sure I don't melt my innards from hot tea-It'd be most destructive for your furniture, of course." He smiled.

He leaned back once again on the sofa. "I believe I'd promised a visit to you, no?"

Samorn's other statement was taken as a compliment. He winked and gave her a thumbs up hand gesture, still grinning.

Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:32 am

Leah took the tea carefully not wanting to drop it. It was hot but she ignored it and went to sit down. It was amazing to hear though, how much stuff the woman had put in the tea. She would definitely taste it when it cooled down. Showing she still had interest in drinking it Leah kept it in her hands instead of putting it down. It was hot on her palm and fingers but she'd had worse burns.

It was interesting to hear Samorn talk about this man as if she was such good friends. That was good. Maybe people on this Island wouldn't all be against each other. Earlier she had ignored Daryk and she was still trying to, but hearing about him melting seemed so odd. Was he really made completely of chocolate? How does that happen?!

Trying the tea, her tongue wasn't very happy with the heat but it did taste marvelous. "Thank you for the Tea. I came here to let you know at first that we may need you to be district leader until Sunshield acquires one. At the moment it's the only district without a leader and the Mayor is apparently to busy to bother taking care of it." Leah sipped her tea again.

"There is another citizen living here, but he is a bit busy with the school, he is a teacher. So he runs back and forth."
Back to top Go down
Samorn

Samorn

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Samorn laughed a bit to herself, taking a sip of her tea. She didn't care that it was scalding hot. She didn't even seem bothered by it. "I should have put some ice in it then. I'm afraid I'm not used to serving chocolate men." She nodded at Daryk's gesture before looking back to Leah, her more important reason taking precedence over Daryk's.

Her proposal actually surprised her, but she kept a rather neutral smile on her face. "I don't think you honestly believe me to be the right choice for that, Kanya." Oh, Leah did remind her of Kanya. Buisness-like and in charge.

Samorn nodded at the mention of the teacher. "Zigg. Yes, I've met him. A tad quiet, but kind."

Last edited by Samorn on Wed May 16, 2012 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daryk Chacca Lette

Daryk Chacca Lette

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:07 am

"Ah...Quite dissapointing," Daryk said, "I mean, we could be district leaders together, wreaking havo-" His eyes darted merrily, letting them know he was joking.

Daryk smiled politely at Samorn. "It's quite fine, really, I didn't need the ice. The ice would've melted anyways and made the tea very...distasteful." He glanced at his cup, steam still rising from it. It would be quite some time before he could drink his share of the tea. He sighed.

Samorn had used another one of those nicknames she'd given other people...Kanya, or so. He was Sunan, which sounded quite catchy. Although the name 'Zigg' didn't seem like one of those random names she'd given people.

"Zigg. Interesting name. I should like to meet this 'Zigg'." Daryk said bluntly, with the smallest hint of jealousy in his voice. Of course, although it wasn't in his best interest, it wasn't his right to stop Samorn from making friends of her own too.
Back to top Go down
Leah Flu

Leah Flu

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:53 pm

Leah tried giving a nervous smile, "The Mayor has expressed that you seem capable of the job, temporarily or course." There was some confusion though at being called Kanya. Was it a nick name? Either way it was understandable who the woman was talking to. Hopefully she would agree so Leah wouldn't have to stick around much longer. Things were busy enough with out dealing with a chocolate man and a possible new leader. Leah didn't like the fact the man was a leader as well, but they were co-workers, and she would have to deal with him.

Sipping the tea, she noticed it had cooled down a bit and the flavors excited her tongue. The woman could make tea. She placed the cup down and stretched a bit. She hadn't met Zigg really. She just knew his form. Hearing he was quiet though sounded a lot nicer than meeting Daryk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Case of Some Sort   A Case of Some Sort I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Case of Some Sort
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: Districts :: Sunshield District :: Samorn's House-
Jump to: