Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» In Need of Supplies
Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeby Zigg Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

» "Hunting" Practice?
Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeby DanielAbbot Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 am

» Doe-eyed..
Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeby Husk Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 am

» A Wayward Vagabond
Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeby Alleer Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:22 pm

» -A Blip in the Night
Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeby Damian Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:50 pm

» What is your OC like
Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

» Your Oc In Real Life.
Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

» First day of school?
Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeby Brewer Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 pm

» The start of a new life.
Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeby Leah Flu Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Addressing a Concern

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emphadon

Emphadon

Character Age : 15
District : Rioton

Addressing a Concern Empty
PostSubject: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Emphadon had finally adapted to the island. Having realized his stay here wasn't going to be as short as he'd anticipated, he'd switched out his swim trunks and toplessness for a khaki button-up shirt and a pair of jeans.

Empha entered the principal's office, his head barely clearing the height of the door. He took a look around the office, noting how empty it was, but at least everything was clean. There was a certain concern he had to discuss with the principal. It didn't seem the school would be entirely functional without a teaching staff. All things considered, though, there weren't necessarily a lot of students either. At least that balanced out.
Back to top Go down
http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Danny was heading back to his office after several hours of exploring the school. he was, for once, in human form, and was therefore in his dark gray-blue dress shirt, and his black suit. the jacket to said suit was slung casually over his arm as he walked, humming softly. the only true problem that he'd encountered within the school was its lack of inhabitants--not only were there no students yet, but there were no teachers.

Danny sighed, pushing the door to his office open--to find someone else already inside. if his mind hadn't been so preoccupied, he may of been able to smell or hear the newcomer. as it was, Danny hadn't exactly been focusing that ability, and so it had slipped his mind.

after a quick second of arranging a few thoughts jumbled by surprise, he cleared his throat and chuckled lightly.

"well, its nice to see that this school isn't a complete ghost town."

Danny had no idea who this particular visitor was, but one thing was for certain: he was quite tall.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Emphadon turned to face the man who'd just entered, flashing a smile at his comment. He'd only had a chance to take a brief look at his citizen application. The only thing he'd really had a chance to see was the photo, but he at least recognized this man as the school's principal.

Empha gave a brief nod in acknowledgement. "Yeah, it is.. pretty empty in here." He shrugged. "But, hey, Rioton's the same way."

Emphadon approached the man, holding out a hand to shake. "I guess you're the principal?" Really, it wasn't a guess, but it was rude to be a smart alek. "I'm Emphadon, Rioton's district leader and the Mayor's adviser." Well, not really. But for the amount of work he did for this and that mayor, he'd better get the right to call himself something more than a district leader.
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:16 pm

"well, i suppose the town can't be assumed to flourish immediately, but I definitely hope that more people will show up soon."

"show up" probably wasn't the best choice of words to someone he wasn't on friendly terms with, but hey--it was true. Daniel was feeling a little restless with all of the silence in the big building.

Danny accepted the hand to shake.

"Good guess," he replied with a smile. "Daniel Abbot--nice to meet you."

"I haven't really been around the rest of the Island--I suppose I should soon, but i feel like I should stay around here for a bit, still."

there were many uncertainties yet, after all. he figured he should stay were people knew where to find him
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Emphadon nodded as the man introduced himself, giving him a firm handshake. "Yeah, just be sure not to underestimate the size of the island when you do decide to have a look around the place. I've already done that." He said this with a bit of a laugh at the end. He wasn't particularly good at reading maps, so the only thing that really gave him sense of size scale with regards to the island was the Lake.

"The, uh... emptiness," for lack of a better word, "of the school, was actually what I wanted to talk to you about." In his other hand, Empha carried carried a beige folder. He turned, walking towards the principal's desk and placed this folder on it. Inside the folder was a copy of Lilly Burnell's citizen application. The school's first student. "Do you prefer Daniel?"
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Daniel cocked his head curiously toward the folder.

He shrugged lightly. "different people call me what they want to, so i'm fine with anything, really."

It was then that Danny realized why he recognized the man's name---Leah had mentioned it. debating whether or not to mention this, the Principal watched as Emphadon placed the folder on his desk. information regarding the school, he supposed....
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Emphadon nodded. Daniel it was. He pointed back to the file he'd just placed on the desk with a thumb.

"Well, that's your first student." He shrugged. "I guess it's not too much of a problem considered she's the only one, but this school has no faculty yet."

((So short DX))
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:46 am

"First student, huh?" Daniel ran his hand through his hair. "There's going to be so many bumps in the road until we get a staff....i can see it coming..."

he sighed lightly. of course there would be issues if there was no staff. what was a school without teachers, any way?

He leaned over his desk to scan through the file real quick.

"Talks to animals, huh? that's pretty funny actually, considering." he walk around to the other side of his desk where a coffee machine was hooked up. yes, it had originally been in the teacher's lounge, but it felt eerie to walk around an empty school, so for the time being, it was in the young principal's office. he poured himself a cup and raised an eyebrow to Emphadon to ask if he wanted some.

"So, did the mayor send you with a plan, or a job to figure out one?" a slight smile followed the statement. he had no idea what the mayor had planned for this place....other than the library and computers. did the mayor have something figured out the those beginning bumps, or would it be his decision?

(coffee!!! XD)
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Emphadon shrugged. "At the very least there aren't a lot of students either. I just hope the school gets more staff before it gets more students." He raised an eyebrow at Daniel's comment and shook his head at the offered coffee. "Considering what?"

At the question of the mayor, Emphadon scoffed. "The mayor had nothing to do with it." The mayor seemed to never have anything to do with anything. "Have you spoken to Leah yet? It looks like she and I will be helping you with the school until you get more staff members." He gives a shrug. "Neither of us are certified teachers, least of all me, but we'll have to make due."
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 pm

A little chuckle slipped from his lips. "considering her soon-to be principal is a morpher."

Daniel nodded and leaned back against his desk, taking a sip of his coffee, trying to puzzle out the situation.

"Yeah, I've met Leah--she showed me some of her skills with the computers that will be put in the library."

He paused for a moment as he entertained a thought at the back of his mind.

"speaking of teachers... I might know of someone who would be willing to cart out here and help."

Danny took another thoughtful sip of coffee, trying to imagine Zigg at the island. he was pretty sure he would show up, though he may grump slightly about it. still, his brother needed something to occupy his mind for the time being--the guy was getting restless. plus, the fact that they hadn't seen each other in a few years was always a good excuse

Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Empha's eyes widened a bit with interest. "Morpher" wasn't a term he was entirely familiar with, though he guessed he understood what it meant. Was he considered a morpher? Since he could morph from a human to a mer? "What do you morph into?"

Emphadon laughed a bit to himself. "Yeah, she's pretty talented with that kind of thing. It's more than I can say for myself." He shrugged. "Maybe she could teach them how to use the computers?"

Empha's attention perked up as Danny suggested the person who may be willing to help. "Who's that?"
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:39 pm

"A dog, mostly. though I've used both an osprey and a panther morh before."

Danny nodded. a computer teacher would be a good thing to have....didn't he himself take that in junior high? he couldn't remember. it was too long ago. Daniel figured that it wouldn't be hard to convince Leah to instruct on computer use. he had a feeling that she would want to make sure students wouldn't damage or misuse the computers in any way.

Daniel pulled himself up to sit on his desk, setting his coffee cup off to the side.

"my brother. his name is Zigg. a bit of a quite person, but he's a good guy."

they had gone years thinking that the other was dead. thankfully they'd had another extra hundred so far to get to know each other more.
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Emphadon's eyebrows rose in an impressed look. Daniel could morph into several different things. That was something he'd never heard of. Something else to add to the list. The world was filled with so many different kinds of people.

Emphadon nodded once at Daniel's proposition. "Well, if he'd be interested in coming here, he'd certainly be welcome."
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Daniel gave a little nod, his mind already straying to find the psychic link with his brother so that he could fill him in.

"I'll let him know--it shouldn't take too long for him to get here, and that way we have another teacher on staff quickly."

the tone of his voice said that there was no doubt that Zigg wouldn't come--not that Daniel was ignoring whatever Zigg's wishes may be, he simply knew his brother that well. he was restless, Daniel could feel it as he made tentative contact with him--he felt like he was knocking on a door

Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Emphadon made a sound of approval. "Well, there isn't a rush. If he can come, then that's great but otherwise," He shrugged as a means of finishing the sentence.

In all honesty, Empha wasn't very confident that Daniel would be able to get his brother to the island in any kind of timely fashion. One didn't just up and move to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, did they? Who knew, maybe Daniel and his brother actually were that close.

Emphadon pushed off the desk. "Well, either way let me know." Empha said these words in a way that announced the end of the conversation. He moved to stand in front of Daniel, offering his hand in a parting handshake. "It was nice to meet you Daniel."
Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Daniel accepted the offered hand, straightening up off his desk as he did so.
"Likewise," he replied with a nod, just as the thread between his and Zigg's mind finally hit home.

<i>oi</i> he said, mentally tapping the shoulder of his older brother. </i>I have a favor to ask</i>

to Emphadon, he said, "I'm sure I'll see you around again."
Back to top Go down
Emphadon

Emphadon

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:00 am

Emphadon gave a smile and a nod to the principal. With how... no he still hadn't found the adjetive that meant to shirk one's duties like the mayor of this place did. He'd definitely be seeing Daniel again though. The well-being of the school most likely depended on it.

With that, Empha turned away from Daniel and exited the office, giving the principal a parting wave over his shoulder.

Back to top Go down
DanielAbbot

DanielAbbot

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:41 pm

When Emphadon left, Daniel sat back on his desk, and returned to drinking his coffee. In his mind, he felt his brother begrudgingly respond.

Oi, he said again, and left his mind do a quick rundown of the conversation with Emphadon before continuing. Make your way here as soon as you can.

with that done, Danny let his mind wander again, daydreaming as he stared out the window

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addressing a Concern   Addressing a Concern I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Addressing a Concern
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inner Island :: School :: First Floor :: Main Office :: Principal's Office-
Jump to: